Everything's soooooo sloooow.

Yggdrasilion

Question

I recently installed all of F&LNV by the book, including creating texture optimization for the big mods and the FNV textures themselves.

So I start the game, and immediately notice that while the menus work just fine, everything animation-wise about the game (movement is especially bad in conversations) is incredibly slow. Unplayable, really.

My laptop isn't exactly a monster rig, but I had not anticipated it being so bothered by it, especially since it runs Skyrim Revisited with ENB without a hitch.

I am at wit's end. I tried ditching the big texture mods, thinking they might slow the game down the most, but that did nothing.

Sorry for bothering you,

Ygg

Generally when NV starts the launcher instead of using NVSE it usually means it is not detecting the .ini information right and it is trying to generate a new one. 

Start the 4GB launcher outside of MO so we can see if it starts properly.  If it does, then we can determine that it is something with MO and not the game itself. 

Starting the 4GB launcher outside of MO works perfectly fine - it loads up the game without giving me an empty NCR trooper screen, and it doesn't go to launcher.

huh, finish editing the inis in the my games folder then move them to the MO/profiles/<your profile> folder

I have no idea, maybe painfully describe what you see and feel and provide a vid or screens of what you think is important

Edited by hishutup

I am sorry you are having so much  trouble. :

I think we should recap here:

So you are following EssArrBee's F&L guide but when you start the game via Fallout4GB it does not start correct?

Did you delete all the .ini files in my post above and regenerate them?

The problem could very well be that one of the mods is not extracted properly. Go back and make sure that all the .bsa files are extracted properly.

If that does not work then I think the next step is to seperately tick off a small section of .esps and load the game. Do this small section by section until the gamer starts peoperly.

Since this thread is still relatively fresh, I'll add that I get distinct slowness, especially in SE section of the map ... near the airfield, Coyote Mines, Cottonwood Crater, Matthew's Animal Husbandry Farm.

I tried removing the d3d9.dll to the desktop but had the same slowness.

I also tried capping FPS and the recommended MEMORY settings from hishutup in enblocal.ini:

[MEMORY]ExpandSystemMemoryX64=trueReduceSystemMemoryUsage=falseDisableDriverMemoryManager=trueDisablePreloadToVRAM=falseEnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=falseReservedMemorySizeMb=256VideoMemorySizeMb=3072EnableCompression=false

[LIMITER]WaitBusyRenderer=trueEnableFPSLimit=trueFPSLimit=40.0

My rig is in my sig and I've followed all of the EssArrBee's guide (thank you, you've revived the classic!)

If anyone has other suggestions, please share.  I'm lost as to what is causing the issue.

Thanks,

diznanl

Here's a screenshot near Coyote Mines where it's slow.  If I turn away, it runs at normal speed, though even looking at the ground causes a slowdown here.

It may be having to do with rendering the far away objects?  But everywhere else on the map (besides the SE) it's rendering fine.

Here's a video!

https://youtu.be/5HKi_3EvaCA

Thanks,

diznanl

Edited by diznanl