Nexus Speeds

Yeah' date=' I can get to the mod's page, but no info and no files. This might be a good time for the community to diversify itself and spread the love of TES modding to other sites.[/quote']

It's definitely looking that way, TES Alliance and a couple others are gaining some major popularity, especially with the likes of UKSP being hosted there.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah' date=' I can get to the mod's page' date=' but no info and no files. This might be a good time for the community to diversify itself and spread the love of TES modding to other sites.[/quote'']

It's definitely looking that way, TES Alliance and a couple others are gaining some major popularity, especially with the likes of UKSP being hosted there.

I thought USKP was hosted at Dark Creations?

It appears to be intermittent.  They are likely still sorting out the issues from the Dawnguard release and their partial deployment of their new downloading framework.

Diversification from Nexus would be great for redundancies, but fragmentation also has some drawbacks (for instance, having multiple sites to check could discourage some of the more casual modders).  Of course, there's also the issue of infrastructure; I don't know that any other sites have a comparable backbone, and as we just saw even a robust site like Nexus can be knocked around by the size of the community.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like Nexus will be capping non-premium members' downloads even further now.

https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/news/169/

All they're doing is making me not want to use their service.

With the new download system your downloads are balanced across our entire file server network (currently 10 file servers). Non-premium members are capped at a download speed of 1MB/second (8mbit) across all their downloads. If you download 1 file, you'll be able to download at a maximum of 1MB/second. If you download 2 files, you'll download at 500kb/second for each file. 4 downloads would be 250kb/sec per file. And so on and so forth. Premium members are obviously uncapped and will be able to download as fast as their connections allow. We've also added another Premium-only download server in the US for their use.