WOODCARVED Shrines by Hermione2442

PingouinMalin

If this isn't just a slapped-on wood texture with default normal maps then I would think it would be good. It looks like the opposite though, and at 4mb (apparently) I don't think it will be accepted around here unless reduced. It also makes the table look like pure crap, which makes it stand out too much. Am I learning guys?  :lol: I mean, do I sound super negative, even though I think it is alright?  :;):

Vanilla:

Posted Image

I have to say I quite like the "rustic" feel of the wood material, I don't mind if if the normal maps are the same (can't notice any weird "consequences" to that).

However I don't think it can be considered for STEP on the basis that it deviate from the artistic direction of the Vanilla game (material change) without a proper justification.

But that's fine, not everything has to be in STEP :).

Edited by Fereval

My main issue with this would be that the UV map was not really made for wooden textures to be applied... The lines stand out quite noticeably due to it. 

I would not have much of an issue with reusing the normal map since well.... the carved detail is only in that file. And yeah... well like any high res texture it will stand out badly if placed on top of a low res one! 

All that said then I do like that it manage to look like a wood material even though the engine is kinda limited in that regard. 

Well I had a look and I won't say much as I sound too negative lately, but copy and paste 512 blurry uncompressed (1mb instead of 171kb) diffuse... That is all.   ::P:

Edited by Guest