Quick question re: ENB installation guide

BadWolf

Question

Sorry, I feel stupid for even asking but I'm a bit confused by the wording over here:

https://wiki.step-project.com/Recommended_ENB_Profiles

• "Extract the version of the d3d9.dll file which the chosen ENB profile requires into the root Skyrim folder. There is no need for any other files except the d3d9.dll. Most ENBs use the Wrapper version, but check with your chosen ENB's documentation.
    • Do not extract the file to the Data folder! It must be placed in the root Skyrim folder to work."

^ This is done. I copied these files from the wrapperversion folder into the root Skyrim folder.
  • "Extract the ENB files from the chosen ENB's folder into the root Skyrim folder. The same place the d3d9.dll file has been extracted to."

^ This is what is confusing me. Step 1 says no other files from wrapperversion are required so is step 2 talking about a ENB profile folder? Or the same wrapperfolder as before? (And if a profile, will Mod Organiser do this step for me or no?)

Thanks for any help.

2 answers to this question

Sorry, I feel stupid for even asking but I'm a bit confused by the wording over here:

https://wiki.step-project.com/Recommended_ENB_Profiles

• "Extract the version of the d3d9.dll file which the chosen ENB profile requires into the root Skyrim folder. There is no need for any other files except the d3d9.dll. Most ENBs use the Wrapper version, but check with your chosen ENB's documentation.
    • Do not extract the file to the Data folder! It must be placed in the root Skyrim folder to work."

^ This is done. I copied these files from the wrapperversion folder into the root Skyrim folder.

• "Extract the ENB files from the chosen ENB's folder into the root Skyrim folder. The same place the d3d9.dll file has been extracted to."

^ This is what is confusing me. Step 1 says no other files from wrapperversion are required so is step 2 talking about a ENB profile folder? Or the same wrapperfolder as before? (And if a profile, will Mod Organiser do this step for me or no?)

Thanks for any help.

It means extract the ENB preset (also referred to as profile) files and you downloaded from Nexus. MO will not install the preset files. MO only installs files into the Data folder. The preset files have to be installed into the root Skyrim directory.

I don't even know how you found that wiki page, but this is the one you want: https://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:ENB