• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Dirtylimerick

Dirtylimerick

Prisoner

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 10:35 PM

When optimizing the .dds files if I want to change the resolution of something I've already processed can I just change the setting and will it just overwrite what I had previously done? Say if I tried the normal maps at 2048x2048 but then wanted to change down to 1024x1024, I imagine I could just repeat the process with the new setting and it should just overwrite the higher resolution. Would that be correct?

#2 hishutup

hishutup

Daedric Prince

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,621 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 04:59 PM

I do think I fully understand the question. If you want to take 2k normals and bring them down to 1k Then all you would have to do is set it to reduce anything greater that 1k But an optimizer may also optimize other textures along with it like diffuse... So you'll have to restrict it in some way like a filter... I don't know what program and I don't know how you are optimizing it but since no one answered your question I though I should give it a shot even though my knowledge is limited.

#3 Kelmych

Kelmych

Dragon King

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,990 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 05:47 PM

DDSopt will not allow you to overwrite a texture that has already been processed by DDSopt unless the "Don't process any already processed filed (DDS only)" is unchecked. Generally this flag is checked.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: installation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users