Immersive Armors (by hothtrooper44) and Immersive Armors for NPCs (by ToolMJK)

JudgmentJay

One thing I've learned to help get all MCM menus to show up immediately in game is to do the following:

1. Start Skyrim

2. Load character

3. Quit to main menu

4. Load character again

For some reason, on the second load, it seems to be able to get all the MCM menus up. I don't know why, but it has worked for me every time. Please note that if you try reloading without first quitting to main menu, it doesn't work.

Interesting.  I'll try that.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fail...again.

I finished loading the remainder of my mods (236 mods, 131 plugins) and now IA is missing again from the MCM menu.  I added Wet and Cold, Convenient Horses, Ultimate Follower Overhaul and Trade and Barter.  All of them show up in the MCM mneu, although T&B doesn't have any sub-menus. The rest of them work.

I believe the armors are working - I do see them in the game. But I was hoping to prevent several of them from being included from my play-through.  It's not a show stopper if all of them ARE in the game, but I would enjoy it more if they weren't.

If a MCM menu shows up without any content cut back out of MCM and do it again. It seems to lose the plot after a while and needs to be restarted. 

One thing I've learned to help get all MCM menus to show up immediately in game is to do the following:

1. Start Skyrim

2. Load character

3. Quit to main menu

4. Load character again

For some reason, on the second load, it seems to be able to get all the MCM menus up. I don't know why, but it has worked for me every time. Please note that if you try reloading without first quitting to main menu, it doesn't work.

Is this safe? I thought there was a chance your save will become corrupted if you exit to the main menu and then load it again without exiting the game fully as Skyrim does not flush it's memory completely just by going to the main menu.  

1. Start Skyrim

2. Load character

3. Quit to main menu

4. Load character again

Interesting.  I'll try that.
This worked - for all of the MCM menus EXCEPT IA.  I now have options for every menu available.  Too bad IAs menu isn't showing up.

I can't really tell from the screenshots...but what are the resolutions for these armors? Do you guys think they look good texture-wise?

Nvm they are 1k. It says in the description.

I added the aMidianBorn textures for IA and, in my opinion, they look awesome - Especially the leather, which my character is wearing.

I can't really tell from the screenshots...but what are the resolutions for these armors? Do you guys think they look good texture-wise?

I added the aMidianBorn textures for IA and, in my opinion, they look awesome - Especially the leather, which my character is wearing.
Where can I find that?

Nvm. Found it. https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/29167/?

Unfortunately, I only find maybe 4 or 5 armors from Immersive Armors attractive and I'm pretty sure Amidianborn doesn't touch it :-/. 

I added the aMidianBorn textures for IA and' date=' in my opinion, they look awesome - Especially the leather, which my character is wearing.[/quote']

Where can I find that?

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/29167/?

Well' date=' if the MCM still isn't showing up, are you sure you installed it correctly? Nevertheless, sometimes even with what I said, some MCM menus will randomly register after walking through doors.[/quote']

Installed what correctly?  IA? I think so.  But I can retry the installation.  Back in a few.

Is this safe? I thought there was a chance your save will become corrupted if you exit to the main menu and then load it again without exiting the game fully as Skyrim does not flush it's memory completely just by going to the main menu.  

Hmmm... Never heard of this, albeit that definitely would explain why it would work. Not sure about it corrupting the save, however, as it is the exact same information (I think?), just being loaded a second time. My saves are still working (as I crouch behind a mammoth).

Where can I find that?

Nvm. Found it. https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/29167/?

Unfortunately, I only find maybe 4 or 5 armors from Immersive Armors attractive and I'm pretty sure Amidianborn doesn't touch it :-/. 

The comments say it does not (yet) work with IA v7. You can always open the meshes up in Nifskope and see what textures they point to. If they point to ones Cabal modified then they should work. I'm traveling so I can't check now. 

DoubleYou Wrote

Well, if the MCM still isn't showing up, are you sure you installed it correctly? Nevertheless, sometimes even with what I said, some MCM menus will randomly register after walking through doors.

Installed what correctly?  IA? I think so.  But I can retry the installation.  Back in a few.
I re-installed IA - it's a FOMOD install so pretty much a no-brainer.  Works just as I remembered it.  No change.

However, I was looking the the posts on the IA NEXUS page and like 5 pages deep, I found this command:

"setstage ski_configmanagerinstance 1"

I have no idea hat it's supposed to do, but, I ran it and when it completed, Skyrim reported "15 new menus registered".  Problem is, I can only see 14 of them.  The missing one is IA.

Hoping someone with much more experience with SKSE, SkyUI and MCM than me can explain that command and why it reports 15 menus when there are only 14.

Hmmm... Never heard of this, albeit that definitely would explain why it would work. Not sure about it corrupting the save, however, as it is the exact same information (I think?), just being loaded a second time. My saves are still working (as I crouch behind a mammoth).
I can't remember where I first read about this danger and certainly don't have more than an intuitive sense of why it might be dangerous. I don't think it corrupts them every time but just that it has the possibility to do so. If doing anything other than testing I always exit out of the game completely before loading up a session I intend to save and continue with. (This includes never continuing when the game auto reloads after death.) However I notice that Gopher, for example, never does this and it doesn't seem to have harmed his saves in his latest Lets Play series. So maybe I'm completely wrong about this or the risk is very low or largely theoretical - still I'm paranoid....

The comments say it does not (yet) work with IA v7. You can always open the meshes up in Nifskope and see what textures they point to. If they point to ones Cabal modified then they should work. I'm traveling so I can't check now. 

Can't comment on all of the armors, but I can tell you that the Leather Armor does work.  I'm using it on one of my characters and Cabal's texture does indeed show up.

Just FYI, I think I found my problem...

I was using "Balbor and Steelsouls SkyRe ReProccer Project", which only includes patches for v6 of Immersive Armor.  This was breaking the mod and preventing the menu from appearing.  I switched to "SkyRe Compatibility and ReProccer Patches" and started a new game and all appears to be well.  (For now....)

Thanks to all who offered help.  And thanks to all the STEP community for providing this resource!