ENBSeries INI Guide

TechAngel85

Thanks Greg, I did wonder but then if that is it's sole purpose why place it in such an obvious place where users could accidentally enable it causing massive slow downs in their games ?

Surely it would have been better to have it coded to work only with a combination of key presses and not simply by clicking it in the gui.

Anyhow I'll go and have a test of it and see what the devil it does to my game, I'm in the process of trying (bravely or stupidly you decide) to test if Reshade can work with ENB.

I would love to know the answer to this question because it comes up a bit too often. The first time we ran into this issue, one person ran into serious performance issues right after setting up his character and thought RaceMenu was causing the problem. It turns out he was trying to name his character something like "Ben" and the capital B was enabling this mode. I think it is a poor choice of keystrokes to use and it would be better on some very infrequently used keystrokes.

I agree, at least it should be Shift+Ctrl+B or something so that it's not something a normal player would accidentally enable,

On to my tests I was doing, turns out despite my best efforts that Reshade does not appear to work with ENB, which is a shame as I don't want to lose the benefits of ENBoost but I would have loved to have gained the power behind Reshade, hopefully they will implement a way of getting the 2 working together but we'll never know

I did turn on "Brute Force" and yes it is primarily a "Uber graphics" setting, the only problem is it's not even a viable option for screen archery unless you plan on freezing the screen as the whole screen is as jumpy as a scared child in a haunted house. I can't for the life of me figure out why it was added when it's actual task does nothing but slow you down so much you feel like a Stormcloak at Helgen submitting to it.

Edited by Rebel47

Ah good point Nebulous, I shall indeed be changing that from "B" to something a little more complicated so it's not auto toggled on when I hit the wrong key.

I don't use F4 so I'm fine with that ::):

So on a whim I decided to check out enbdev.com again to see if an update past 0.292 had been released, and that's when I found the "AntiFREEZE" patch as Boris calls it...

I wondered what it did so I downloaded it to check, here is what is in the ini file included with it

[PROXY]
EnableProxyLibrary=false
InitProxyFunctions=true
ProxyLibrary=other_d3d9.dll

[GLOBAL]
AdditionalConfigFile=enbpatch2.ini

[MULTIHEAD]
ForceVideoAdapterIndex=false
VideoAdapterIndex=0

[iNPUT]
KeyCombination=16
KeyFPSLimit=36
KeyShowFPS=106

[LIMITER]
WaitBusyRenderer=false
EnableFPSLimit=false
FPSLimit=40.0

[ENGINE]
ForceAnisotropicFiltering=false
MaxAnisotropy=16

[GAME]
SpeedHack=false

[FIX]
ForceSingleCoreCPU=false
IgnoreThreadManagement=true
IgnoreThreadPriority=true
FixGraphics=true
ReduceMemoryUsageBETA=false
UseDeviceInSafeMode=false
AntiBSOD=true
DeviceId=00000122
VendorId=000060de
DeviceName=ENB

Now I don't know if this is even needed with the latest iteration of enb (0.292 at time of writing) so I thought I would ask all of you.

The one thing I noticed which caught my eye and may help to alleviate my ReShade issues is, that this patch allows the use of multiple d3d9.dll files, so I'm wondering if I could potentially rename ReShade32.dll to d3d9.dll and run it that way. I don't want to risk destroying my now stable test game ::P: but I might make a save to test it out on just in case.

Edited by Rebel47

Some users have been able to run them in conjunction together.

I have for instance done that on several occasions. By not loading it into ENBSeries. But this is only true for Fallout 4 though.

So have ENBSeries binary files in their with it's default name, and then ReShade with it's default name as well. Worked last time I ran the combo with ENBSeries 0.290 or something like that I think it was.

EDIT;

Confirmed that it works by separate loading ReShade. Did not check for any bugs though. But I never did experience it before.

This was ENBSeries v0.291 and ReShade 1.1.0.

Rebel47

If it is Skyrim you want to run an ENB+ReShade combo then it's better to run just ENBSeries as it can run any effects that ReShade has if it is implemented in one of the .fx files or the one .txt file.

Edited by JawZ

It is Skyrim I was wanting to run it with but having put myself through 3+ hours of headaches trying to get it to work to no avail I switched to ENB and SweetFX with a cinematic feel and I'm loving the new look and surprisingly I've now got better fps because of it, at least it feels that way.

I still haven't gotten around to getting Fallout 4 on PC yet, there's only so many ways I can justify not buying it though so I may end up with it soon lol

Yeah I know but my skills with .fx files are zero, I look in them and it's like trying to disarm a bomb with a burning hay bale, I really need someone to teach me hlsl and other such languages so I know what the devil I'm doing.

Edited by Rebel47

In sweetFX  I'm running

• SMAA
  • FXAA
  • Bloom
  • HDR
  • Cineon DPX ( I had tried this one but then reset my sweetfx to try again)

I have looked at and used the Modular Shader Library but I could never make sense of all the lines of code (probably why I've never released my own enb preset)

The SMAA is for fallout 4 or will it work in any ENB for any game ?

I don't think I've ever seen the Ultimate Shader addon before.

I am clueless when it comes to any kind of coding, been so long since I used CSS or HTML that I forget most of what I remembered. I'll probably download the files you linked if I haven't already got them and look through to try and understand how they work before implementing them in my game.

Edited by Rebel47

Is SMAA and FXAA really necessary, you could as well just be using a Gaussian blur with that setup.

What was so hard to figure about MSL? two code lines to activate an effect, which I go over in the video I mae fo MSL.

It can be made for any ENBSeries that has tje necessary shaders.

Those aren't really similar to HLSL code but any kind of background of coding is good to have.

I haven't got the time to convert codes now, too much to do with other projects. Mostly the new Relighting Skyrim that takes up all my time.

Edited by JawZ

Those are just the settings I was testing last night, it's all subject to change at any point though. The problem I have is every time I run extra settings through ENB alone I always end up losing FPS and I know my SKSE.ini and enblocal.ini settings are not incorrect, tested those extensively

The hardest part about MSL for me was despite watching your video 3 times I still could not accurately decipher which lines in which files I needed to edit and where I needed to put them, this is all on me though and not your ability to portray accurate and coherent instructions. I'll go over it again when I've got the time to pay closer attention atm I'm constantly kept busy.

Ah right, I'll have a look over the next few days.

My coding knowledge definitely needs building back up after the memory loss, so I guess now's the time to start classes while I'm still interested in it.

I learn more with every question asked and answer supplied so thanks JawZ, I appreciate your help ::):

Edited by Rebel47

• 3 weeks later...

With your MSL I know that everything is placed into the ENBSeries folder to help clean up the clutter within the main game folder and to be honest it looks so much better, but is it also possible to have the enbseries and enblocal files in there or should they remain in the main skyrim folder ?