ENBSeries INI Guide

TechAngel85

Best way to do that would probably be as we're doing the INI Guide. The format I have in place can be used on just about any type of Guide. Like Z mentioned above, any code should be placed within the pre tags. Tag formatting can all be done with CSS to make it look neat, nice, and better presentable. Since this all has to do with ENBs, it should be an auxiliary guide to the main ENB Guide as the INI Guide is. All the advanced auxiliary guides can be linked from within the Advanced section of the main ENB Guide itself. So you end up with an organized and tiered structure like so:

• ENB Guide
    • enbseries.ini Reference Guide
    • .fx Guides
    • fx functions reference list
  • EnbSeries Weather Guide

All of the shaders and respective functions are just plain text... so I am sure there are many fancy ways that it can be done using a wiki. 

What I was hoping for was some input on how we should do it, what it should contain etc. 

Also what level of documentation are do we want ? I would suggest at least some basic level of documentation if the idea is to allow prospective tweakers etc. to have an easier time playing with the stuff. 

A while back I was tinkering on adding a guide that would show people how to start playing around with my file structure in order to build up the enbeffect.fx file. Essentially starting with a as blank file as possible and then show people how to add in the respective #include statements and call the various functions. 

Never really did get time to do it since every time I was in the mood I redid another of the .fx files instead. 

If any content contributors are not that comfortable editing in wiki style (syntax and layout in edit mode can be a bit challenging), feel free to post text file attachments on this forum and we'll take care of adding that content ... the only problem is that those content creators will not be logged as editors. No big deal. tThe important thing is that the info gets into the documentation.

I need some help on good locations to be able to capture the Mist, Reflection, and SoftParticles effects. I'll also need help getting the original post processing to work in Vividian Vanilla again so that I can capture that effect. I'm using the experimental v6 that can be downloaded here: https://forum.step-project.com/topic/3828-vividian-weather-lighting-enhancement-cot-rcrn-and-pure-weather/?p=99376

EDIT:

I'm now thinking an alternative preset might be the better way to go that was all the options available. Maybe prod's Serenity ENB since it has all the options turned on but a couple and those I can tell have been altered so turning them on should have an effect...think I'll do this.

EDIT2:

Scratch that...Serenity's effects aren't as visible as Vividian Vanilla.

I do have a rather busy weekend, but if nobody manage to get around to it I guess I can whip up a quick code piece that should restore the "use original" functionality again. Wont be until sunday at the earliest though. :s 

Thanks! I'm working on weekend myself, but will be around in the mornings and evenings.

The reflection effect is not for object reflections, but rather reflection of the environmental lighting.

Would this be an accurate statement? Because try as I might, I never since in difference in object reflections. The only difference I could find (with the help of Mangaclub) that the reflection effect made was more to the reflection of environmental lighting on some surfaces like waterfalls.

EDIT:

The only two compares I have yet been able to take is the original post processing and SoftParticles. For soft particles I've only been able to find a tiny amount within some fireplaces and and there...barely enough for a compare. Does anyone have any ideas on this one?

Also, if anyone has any better ideas for locations to better capture any of the effects, please let me know! :thumbsup:

The giant sun in blackreach for soft particles cant miss it. And ofc. just about any brazier in the game. 

And reflections only work on certain objects which have the correct shader flags that ENB hooks into. Wet rocks in waterfalls, and most armor.. as well as various terrain rocky textures are the best bet. 

The Color Correction section should be completely finished now. I need some keen eyes to go over it because I had to add in some instructions to getting UseProceduralCorrection to work (this is the only way I could get it to work). All notes that were added to this page (by Aiyen and JawZ...the rest of you are slacking...haha :lol:) have been incorporated as well.

I still need someone to download the experimental version of Vividian Vanilla and add back in the code so that I can get compares of the first effect.

Palette texure:I think It is a bit misleading that the image quality will be reduced when using one like shown in the picture. Infact many enb's look crap without one because they are build around it, like vividian vanilla 5.x

So replacing a palette with another one will mostly destroy that enb's lighting too. On the other side, if a enb isn't build around a palette then it will make it look ugly thats true. So its basicly a fundamental choise for a enb author to start with by choosing palette lighting or tonemap lighting and then never ever touch that option again :)

I think what JawZ means is that when you limit yourself to a low resolution texture, you also limit the effective range of values you can work with. ENB itself have full 32bit color support, if you use a texture with only a resolution of 256x256 you severely limit what you can do. If you do not use it then you still have a more or less full range to work with. Also since it is linked in with adaptation that means you also have a loss that way. 

So from an artistic viewpoint it is not saying that palettes will make stuff look like crap, it is just that you technically limit your options by using it. It is a cutting corners option for tweakers, and there is a cost by cutting corners. 

At least that is what I understood when I read it! Might be totally off! 

you are faster than we can keep up with reading :D nice progress!

what do you mean with " add back in the code" of the experimental vanilla?

Add back in the code so that I can turn the original post processing on for the compare shot of it does. Just a quick Shift+F12 won't cut it for that parameter because that is actually the Global parameter for UseEffect. So I need someone to add the code back in for a quick compare. Nothing official, just for this one little thing and then I'll set it to the side and probably never use it again.

As for the palette, that lil bit could be better wrote so I'll look into it this evening when I'm able.