Better Followers by Utopolyst

Roogal

https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=7554

Description:

Did you ever notice that Falkas has a two handed sword, although he can wield one handed swords better? And why isn't he wearing a companions armor? Or his brother, Vilkas, is a master in 2h weapons and his defaultequipment only gives him a 1h sword? Or why do orks have a lousy armor,although they have great smiths and mines in their villages?This mod aims to make followers better and more lore friendly.

- Stat tweaks and perkscorresponding to the lore of each and every charakter. This will make some more specilized. But it just seems strange, that e.g. straight fighters have sometimes a better stat in a magicschool than with their weapons. You get the picture.

- A tweaked Specialized Followersfrom sushisquid is included in this download as an option. This means working combat scripts -> different fighting styles and so on...

- Classeshave been modified for better follower progression, consistancy, and where needed, new classes were added. It just didn't make sense that a

pure fighter should level his Magicka Pool, or a pure Spellcaster his Stamina, Heavy Armor AND Light Armor. What was that all about!?

- Inventory tweaks.New Armor in Specialized Beauty Version for Annekke, Areana, Eola, Iona, Jenassa, Jordis, Ghorbash, Golldir and Erandur. If you want these

armors in a different version, or altogether anyway, scroll down to the bottom of this page and follow the links.

- All followers are either Protected (like essential) or you can choose Vanilla Settings (NP).

- All followers level with you up to level 100. Or at least 81, since that's the default max. ;P

- Every character has been givin the Light Step Perk,which shouldn't trigger any traps IF you're sneaking. I just hate it, you're going into a dungeon notice all traps and avoid them. And suddenly behind you, you can hear >>BOOM!<<, >>KAWANG!<<, >>UHG!<<, etc. Nope. I'm just one of those players, that doesn't want to stand around commanding my followers where to step next. In real life I just could point to trap and my follower would know not to step on it. And if I command them around, they will walk into the trap anyway... So, this is the first mod, that fixes that.

- Magic users have more spells.But it depends on their magic pool, if they will be able to cast them... Via console you could change that manualy... but seriously, I

wouldn't. Just wait until they reached the appropriate level... ^^

- Fighters have armor and weapon perks corresponding to their initial status.- Females have an appropriate stance (not so hulky anymore).

- Beauty versions have a minor "face" lift,making the characters more natural and, in my opinion, slightly more beautiful. Don't worry, the changes are very minor. After looking at

everybody in the ck, it's obvious that nobody from Bethesda's designers took drawing or anatomy classes. E.g. they placed the eyes where normalythe forehead is - on the top 1/3 of the head, although eyes are normalymore in the middle of the head... Or the blocky/edgy cheekbones... really you could open a can with those. I adjusted that a bit.THIS MEANS: I ADJUSTES SHAPES NOT TEXTURES. ALL BODY MODS AND SKIN TEXTURES COMPATIBLE. I would go so far and tell you to download some if you haven't already....

Concerning non-beauty versions: They are Vanilla.

- Hunting Bow Fix.

- Lydia Marriage Fix. Obsolete with patch 1.5

- Illia Rehire Fix and she's marriagable.

- Optional Better hair

(no texture changes, this means no eyeliner, makeup, just shape

changes). AND FULL COMPABILITY with other hair mods. That was a lot of

work. You will also be able to choose these!!!

- Followers get out of the way a lot faster.

-

BOSS Support. PLEASE DON'T ASK QUESTIONS ABOUT BOSS, BEFORE YOU

UNDERSTAND BOSS. IF YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT BOSS DOES, THEN YOU DON'T NEED

TO ASK, BECAUSE YOUR QUESTION IS SOLVED. Really. And if you have a

question regarding BOSS write it in their forum. I am not the author of

BOSS. And for people who still think I'm the author of BOSS: Ignore the

message.

TO SEE THE PROGRESS/UPDATES OF BETTER FOLLOWERS LOOK

AT THE LAST TAB (READ ME) ON THIS PAGE. I haven't covered it all,

hence, there are was so much! :)

- Optional: No more "I'm sworn to carry your burdens" from Lydia:

- Sleeping Ai for Housecarls.

- Marriagable NPCs edited (all regular Followers were already edited)

Roogal - Havent tried but looks to cover more stuff then is already covered in the unofficial skyrim patch.

I think this mod would be a great addition to STEP, but the Specialized Followers that is included shouldn't be used. I think that some of the stuff added by SF is not totally really lore friendly and the added abilities can get a little zany, like Illia turning into a swarm of bees when her health is low.

The installed makes it easy to customize the install though so everyone can get what they want out of this mod.

I almost forgot why this mod is so important. Horses for Followers requires this mod to be installed, and being able to ride around on horses with your follower is quite immersive.

Yeah using UFO as well atm. However, UFO and Better Followers allegedly conflict with Warzones - Civil Unrest, WiS, Deadly Dragons, and Better Horses. Just a heads up. If anybody else is using a mix of these mods and has no issues, pls post here :)

I actully don't use any follower mods cuz i don't use them there more of a PITA then anything always in the way and i just like doing things myself call me greedy but i like getting all the XP and fun to myself but just by reading the features and comments UFO is alot better mod i think

I believe the conflict is related to leveled lists. Both DD and UFO touch actor/npc, DD not only dragons but npcs as well, changing stats, levels etc. Theoretically you could get rid of the conflict by creating a bashed patch, but atm BOSS doesn't yet have any tags for UFO, not even sure if you need em. In any case leveled list clashes usually dont crash Skyrim, just generate some weird NPC glitches.

Well, god didn't want me to play last night. I literally sat down in front of my computer to turn it on to play and the power went out...and stayed out all night. So we will try loading it in tonight and we will see what funky things happen. I will defiantly keep some old saves to revert to though.

Add another vote for UFO. Prior to reading this thread, I was using Better Followers and would have definitely recommended it (and still would/do), but I decided to try out UFO and after 2 days I can say that UFO has many more features and is overall a better mod.

I think a clash with Deadly Dragons would keep me away from this... I don't find DD lore breaking in the Lite version and it adds an aspect that Bethesda should have included (truly challenging dragon fights). Having said that I may try DD Lite with UFO as afaik the Lite version shouldn't be affecting the NPCs to the degree the full DD version does.

Anyone else running Lite DD?

From my reading of it, it only affects it if you use the optional files which includes marking the followers as essential. I have not tested this however, I plan to give it a run this weekend when I have more time to mess with things...I miss college :(, so much more free time.

I'm not sure the follower mods would strictly fit into the STEP 'vision' (although that is for TC to decide). However they may well have a place in one of the 'content packs' that are being considered, possibly as part of a Role Play extension to the base STEP configuration. Certainly the ability of followers to ride horses with you would be a major plus for immersion.