ENBSeries (by Boris Vorontsov)

frihyland

Where performance was good it's always a pretty consistent 5-6 fps loss. In more intensive areas the drop is even bigger.

Whiterun's Western Watchtower:

0.119: 35 fps

0.123: 27 fps

Gjukar's Monument (looking at the mountains)

0.119: 40 fps

0.123: 29 fps

• 2 weeks later...

A new version was released yesterday (v121212). Optimized reflections and a few other bug fixes.

This is simply v.123 but with the reflections optimized and some vague "bug fixes". I'm using SkyRealism - Cinematic right now which doesn't use the new reflections in the enbseries.ini. At least I don't think it does, it's set to false.

Let me know if anyone has a measurable performance gain! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Change Log:

This version differ from 12.12.12 by GUI implemented. To activate it press together

SHIFT and ENTER keys. Some variables can't be changed in GUI, better not to touch

quality parameters at this moment, they are not dynamic.

This version doesn't support hardware antialiasing, use fxaa or smaa instead. It's

use deffered render which allow to increase quality of ssao and implement reflection.

Last non deffered version was 0.119

Look like he added some type of GUI support in-game.

Change Log:

This version differ from 12.12.12 by GUI implemented. To activate it press together

SHIFT and ENTER keys. Some variables can't be changed in GUI, better not to touch

quality parameters at this moment, they are not dynamic.

This version doesn't support hardware antialiasing, use fxaa or smaa instead. It's

use deffered render which allow to increase quality of ssao and implement reflection.

Last non deffered version was 0.119

Look like he added some type of GUI support in-game.
ENB works great, GUI appears to be broken for me .... It works (sort of), but has no effect.

• 2 weeks later...

Lots of updates in the past few days. It's up to version 0.138 now. Most notable changes are a new day/night detection method and interior setting variables split into day and night.

Something about the new version seems to brighten interiors considerably for me with Seasons of Skyrim and I see alot of people are saying the same thing. So I'm assuming most ENB configs will need an update to work with the latest binary.

Lots of updates in the past few days. It's up to version 0.138 now. Most notable changes are a new day/night detection method and interior setting variables split into day and night.

Something about the new version seems to brighten interiors considerably for me with Seasons of Skyrim and I see alot of people are saying the same thing. So I'm assuming most ENB configs will need an update to work with the latest binary.

You're correct. The ENB authors will have to update their mods for the new detection methods or the lighting will be all off. I don't recommend using the new versions until the authors do their part. The only one I know that has been is Phinix Natural. SkyRealism's author claims he's waiting for a more stable and performance ready release but I think it's high time to move on to a newer version. A ton of ENBs are still using .119 because of it's stability and performance.

UPDATE:

I've tried out v0.126.

I play Skyrim at 1080p with 2xSSAA (Super-Sample Anti-Aliasing, not that MSAA, SMAA, or FXAA s***). I typically get a stable 45-50 FPS in indoor scenes.

With ENB Evolved Cinematic Preset and ENBSeries v0.119, I get a stable 30-35 FPS in indoor scenes.

With ENB Evolved Cinematic Preset and ENBSeries v0.126 (no reflections), I get a fluctuating 20-30 FPS in indoor scenes, and mouse latency in the order of 300 milliseconds (literally making the game unplayable).

I believe the fluctuating FPS is because ENBSEries v0.126 is causing me to hit my VRAM limit. I suppose I could fix this by uninstalling my texture mods (which I'm unwilling to do). However, I don't know what's causing the mouse latency at all.

If you wish to update ENB Evolved to use ENBSeries v0.126, simply overwrite the [sSAO_SSIL] section in the ENB Evolved enbseries.ini file with the one that comes with v0.126, and reduce the AOAmount until you are comfortable with it. The copy the line under the [EFFECTS] section that enables reflection (if you want that).

At the moment I have no intention of updating the ENB Evolved main file to use v0.126, at least until the VRAM limit and mouse latency issue have been addressed...even if the reflections and the new SSAO are much prettier.

You're correct. The ENB authors will have to update their mods for the new detection methods or the lighting will be all off. I don't recommend using the new versions until the authors do their part. The only one I know that has been is Phinix Natural. SkyRealism's author claims he's waiting for a more stable and performance ready release but I think it's high time to move on to a newer version. A ton of ENBs are still using .119 because of it's stability and performance.

UPDATE:

I've tried out v0.126.

I play Skyrim at 1080p with 2xSSAA (Super-Sample Anti-Aliasing, not that MSAA, SMAA, or FXAA s***). I typically get a stable 45-50 FPS in indoor scenes.

With ENB Evolved Cinematic Preset and ENBSeries v0.119, I get a stable 30-35 FPS in indoor scenes.

With ENB Evolved Cinematic Preset and ENBSeries v0.126 (no reflections), I get a fluctuating 20-30 FPS in indoor scenes, and mouse latency in the order of 300 milliseconds (literally making the game unplayable).

I believe the fluctuating FPS is because ENBSEries v0.126 is causing me to hit my VRAM limit. I suppose I could fix this by uninstalling my texture mods (which I'm unwilling to do). However, I don't know what's causing the mouse latency at all.

If you wish to update ENB Evolved to use ENBSeries v0.126, simply overwrite the [sSAO_SSIL] section in the ENB Evolved enbseries.ini file with the one that comes with v0.126, and reduce the AOAmount until you are comfortable with it. The copy the line under the [EFFECTS] section that enables reflection (if you want that).

At the moment I have no intention of updating the ENB Evolved main file to use v0.126, at least until the VRAM limit and mouse latency issue have been addressed...even if the reflections and the new SSAO are much prettier.

Who is Mtichenor? IndigoNeko?

UPDATE:

I've tried out v0.126.

Who is Mtichenor? IndigoNeko?
I'm assuming it's the same person from the context of his posts and that he's the only one with the magic blue outline around his posts.

EDIT: It's the same person. IndigoNeko's profile link sends you to MTichenor's profile page.