ENBSeries (by Boris Vorontsov)

frihyland

Even worse is Borris removed all revisions from 0.119 on...

Not to mention pretty much shutting nVidia users in the cold by not supporting the only available drivers...

Not happy with EnbSeries right now... no wonder there are essentially no presets post 0.119.

Not to mention pretty much shutting nVidia users in the cold by not supporting the only available drivers...

Not happy with EnbSeries right now... no wonder there are essentially no presets post 0.119.

I haven't noticed any issues with the 310.70 drivers (about to update to 310.90). What is suppose to be the issues there? All I know is that nVidia messed them up by making changes to the DirectX API DLL files and pipelines that make it impossible to use DLL injection techniques or something like that. I haven't had any issues that I've noticed... :unsure:

I posted a link to this forum on SkyRealism's thread over on Nexus.

EDIT: Looks like MTichenor is going to look into .139 when he's got the time.

I've got a comparison for .119 vs .139. This test was completed with SkyRealism; Cinematic preset and RCRN; Classic preset enabled.

FRAPS:

The below test was completed by loading inside Jorrvaskr, exiting to Whiterun, walking to the gates and exiting to Tamriel, walking to the T in the road where to sign is, and completing a 360 degree turn.

Enbseries .119

Frames: 4462 - Time: 108468ms - Avg: 41.137 - Min: 11 - Max: 66

Enbseries .139

Frames: 3898 - Time: 95391ms - Avg: 40.863 - Min: 9 - Max: 64

Results:

Though this was a short and quick run, you can see there is little performance loss with the new .139 version of ENBSeries. I'm clueless as to why authors aren't updating based off this test.

SCREENSHOTS:

.139 changes a LOT of interior lighting and rendering. These shots were taken with the above test parameter with no change to the enbseries.ini file and DOF is set to false. The only change was I switch out the old .119 DLL with the new .139 DLL file (wrapper version).

.119  >>  .139

Posted Image Posted Image

.119  >>  .139

This shot is the fix that MTichenor has been suggesting for his files... to simply copy and paste the [sSAO_SSIL] section of the new files into the his enbseries.ini file.

Posted Image

As you can see...that fix doesn't work anymore.

FINAL VERDICT:

DO NOT use the new .139 or later unless the author of the ENB has specifically updated their ENB to use this version. With the addition of the new interior lighting and rendering, it is not as simple as copying and pasting a few parameters or just using the new DLL file. The authors need to update their enbseries.ini files to use all the new parameters.

Yep.

You just need to reference the enbseries.ini that comes with 0.139 and add/subtract the diff to SkyRealism version (but keeping the SkyRealism values). It looks like some of the SR lens [CAMERAFX] settings need an update.

I've got a comparison for .119 vs .139. This test was completed with SkyRealism; Cinematic preset and RCRN; Classic preset enabled.

FRAPS:

The below test was completed by loading inside Jorrvaskr, exiting to Whiterun, walking to the gates and exiting to Tamriel, walking to the T in the road where to sign is, and completing a 360 degree turn.

Enbseries .119

Frames: 4462 - Time: 108468ms - Avg: 41.137 - Min: 11 - Max: 66

Enbseries .139

Frames: 3898 - Time: 95391ms - Avg: 40.863 - Min: 9 - Max: 64

Results:

Though this was a short and quick run, you can see there is little performance loss with the new .139 version of ENBSeries. I'm clueless as to why authors aren't updating based off this test.

SCREENSHOTS:

.139 changes a LOT of interior lighting and rendering. These shots were taken with the above test parameter with no change to the enbseries.ini file and DOF is set to false. The only change was I switch out the old .119 DLL with the new .139 DLL file (wrapper version).

.119  >>  .139

.119  >>  .139

This shot is the fix that MTichenor has been suggesting for his files... to simply copy and paste the [sSAO_SSIL] section of the new files into the his enbseries.ini file.

Posted Image

As you can see...that fix doesn't work anymore.

FINAL VERDICT:

DO NOT use the new .139 or later unless the author of the ENB has specifically updated their ENB to use this version. With the addition of the new interior lighting and rendering, it is not as simple as copying and pasting a few parameters or just using the new DLL file. The authors need to update their enbseries.ini files to use all the new parameters.

Yep.

You just need to reference the enbseries.ini that comes with 0.139 and add/subtract the diff to SkyRealism version (but keeping the SkyRealism values). It looks like some of the SR lens [CAMERAFX] settings need an update.

I don't know that much about ENB settings but I notified MTichenor and he said he wasn't aware of all the changes and would look into updating SkyRealism if .139 proved stable.

v121212 is still available, and I bet he'll bring back at least one of the earlier releases, like v126.

The only available drivers?

Posted Image

He's got a reason for bashing the 310 drivers, which frankly aren't perfect at all.

I'm just happy he's still working on Skyrim. With the recent improvements, performance with SSAO should be better than ever.

Most ENB configs weren't developed for past 119 releases anyway.

v121212 is still available, and I bet he'll bring back at least one of the earlier releases, like v126.

Posted Image

He's got a reason for bashing the 310 drivers, which frankly aren't perfect at all.

I'm just happy he's still working on Skyrim. With the recent improvements, performance with SSAO should be better than ever.

In fact he is ignoring the entire 300 series drivers (go read his main page) and I cannot run anything below that so... for me the point is moot. After an entire series has the problem I'd think its a feature not a bug. (Similar previously when ATI users were screwed for awhile.)

Brightness fluctuation/green flashes. Only happens with the more recent ENBs. Like v121212+ I think.

Oh, I'm using .119 because of the changes made in .139 aren't compatible until the author's themselves update the files.

EDIT: I did a bit of research and apparently changing the wait render in the ENB to true will fix most if not all the issues with the NVIDIA drivers, but it also comes with a performance hit.

Posted Image

In fact he is ignoring the entire 300 series drivers (go read his main page) and I cannot run anything below that so... for me the point is moot. After an entire series has the problem I'd think its a feature not a bug. (Similar previously when ATI users were screwed for awhile.)

I've just realised you've got a monster rig with SLI GTX 670s in there. Fair point in that case.

Anyway, Boris being a dick didn't happen over night.

EDIT: I did a bit of research and apparently changing the wait render in the ENB to true will fix most if not all the issues with the NVIDIA drivers' date=' but it also comes with a performance hit.[/quote']

I'm sure it's dependent on your hardware/mod setup, but for me it was a huge performance hit. Like 50%+ FPS. Doesn't seem viable.

Okay SkyRealism users, this is for you. MTichenor said he's still isn't going to update SkyRealism to the latest due to performance:

That's been the most common question for the past 4 pages. Here's my response:

Vanilla Skyrim, 1080p, 2xSSAA, Radeon HD 6970: 41.4 FPS.

ENB v119 + ENB Evolved Vibrant preset, 1080p, 2xSSAA, Radeon HD 6970: 31.2 FPS.

ENB v139 + ENB Evolved Vibrant preset, 1080p, 2xSSAA, Radeon HD 6970: 20.2 FPS.

Unless Boris releases a new version which fixes these issues, I will not be updating to his latest version.

The instructions for making ENB Evolved compatible with v139 are as follows:

• Open the enbseries.ini file contained in the ENBSeries v139 download.
  • Copy the [sSAO_SSIL] section.
  • Close that enbseries.ini file.
  • Open the enbseries.ini file contained in the ENB Evolved preset you want to use.
  • Delete the [sSAO_SSIL] section, and paste the one from the ENBSeries download.
  • Save that enbseries.ini file, and close it.
  • Open the enbeffect.fx file in the ENB Evolved preset you want to use.
  • Find line 545 and change it from "float fInteriorFactor = 1.0 - EInteriorFactor;" to "float fInteriorFactor = EInteriorFactor".
  • Save that enbeffect.fx file and close it.
I don't agree with these performance marks, though I've been using Cinematic. I've left him a message and am going to be doing some extensive testing once I find out his test method and tools because I didn't see that kind of performance drop from v.119 to v.139.