ENBSeries (by Boris Vorontsov)

frihyland

Anyone know how to get rid of the hazy effect in ENB? I've been playing with a lot of settings with no success. I know it's not bloom because it's present regardless if bloom is enabled or disabled.

Posted Image

Full Size Image

It is a fog-related variable under Environment. Not in front of my INI at present, so I can't be more specific. maybe FogStartFadeDistance or something?

Anyone know how to get rid of the hazy effect in ENB? I've been playing with a lot of settings with no success. I know it's not bloom because it's present regardless if bloom is enabled or disabled.

Posted Image

Full Size Image

It is a fog-related variable under Environment. Not in front of my INI at present, so I can't be more specific. maybe FogStartFadeDistance or something?
Here are the setting under Environment for fog:

FogColorMultiplierDay=1.0
FogColorMultiplierNight=1.0
FogColorMultiplierInteriorDay=1.0
FogColorMultiplierInteriorNight=1.0
FogColorCurveDay=1.0
FogColorCurveNight=1.0
FogColorCurveInteriorDay=1.0
FogColorCurveInteriorNight=1.0
And SSAO_SSIL...but I'm not using SSAO. I have it disabled but I'm not sure if these settings still take effect:

FadeFogRangeDay=2.0
FadeFogRangeNight=2.0
FadeFogRangeInteriorDay=2.0
FadeFogRangeInteriorNight=2.0

And for Volumetric Fog:

IntensityDay=1.0
IntensityNight=1.0
IntensityInteriorDay=1.0
IntensityInteriorNight=1.0
CurveDay=1.0
CurveNight=1.0
CurveInteriorDay=1.0
CurveInteriorNight=1.0
LightingInfluenceDay=1.0
LightingInfluenceNight=1.0
LightingInfluenceInteriorDay=1.0
LightingInfluenceInteriorNight=1.0

I've asked MTichenor and he though it might have something to do with volumetric fog but wasn't positive either. If you're meaning the game INIs, I have no fog related settings in my game INIs.

The Revamped Exterior Fog mod helps with the haze but if you're using a custom weather mod like CoT and maybe even RLO it probably won't do anything.

I've disabled the weather mods to confirm they weren't the cause. I haven't used that in the past because it's not compatible with RCRN. I'll play around with the settings in a bit. Forums finally seem to be getting some action! If the tweaking does work then I'll try out that mod.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Version updated, download again

Removed ExpandSystemMemoryX64 parameter because of incompatibility with some SKSE alpha version setting and SKSE plugins with it. Who think it's my bug, go **** yourself.

Looks like important news. Hopefully it's only temporary.

I don't like the dude's attitude one bit though. Just as arrogant as Starac.

Version updated, download again
Removed ExpandSystemMemoryX64 parameter because of incompatibility with some SKSE alpha version setting and SKSE plugins with it. Who think it's my bug, go **** yourself.

Looks like important news. Hopefully it's only temporary.

I don't like the dude's attitude one bit though. Just as arrogant as Starac.

I have to agree with you on this one Octopuss. He deserves every bit of praise he gets for his work, but sometimes some modders seem to lose sight of the "we"-part of the community. Without in any way defending people who exploit others' work or in any other way abuse this system, I think that every now and then it would do us good to remember that the only reason we're able to have this community at all is a company called Bethesda Softworks. And while we of course have to pay for their game, they have supplied us with the tools to create pretty much whatever we like (with certain limitations). In a way Bethesda Softworks has given us the materials and tools to build a cathedral, and instead of working together we're running around building our own pieces, fearful of anyone who might take our work in a direction not of our choosing. This conflict of attitudes is the reason we've lost great modders like Wrye, Giskard and Starac (either due to the community or the modders themselves). Wrye's musings on this subject is an interesting read.
  • +1 1

I'd like to point out: There's no reason to upgrade to the "crippled" version. Continue using your existing .251 versions if SKSE Alpha isn't causing problems with your configuration.

Secondarily, he is certainly rude and abusive at times. Although, not meaning to excuse the behavior, we need to try and remember the perspective he wields. Boris has focused rather heavily on the ENB project for nearly a decade, spanning dozens of games. Prior to that he was already well versed in programming philosophy and logical structuring. This is a developer that has, for a decade, dealt with accusations and suggestions from people who have not even a fractional understanding of the code.

He used to have tremendous patience for seemingly a flood of questions. But he's worn out now; tired from the repetitive answering and explanations. Bruised from countless bug-reports where the problem existed solely on the shoulders of a user's poor configuration, or conflicting piece of software they neglected to mention.

A decade for thousands of normal people, saying to a professional baker: "Are you sure you added flour? Why doesn't mine look like yours? You mean I need yeast? What's that?"

The attitude is painful to watch inflicted upon others, but I couldn't say I'd be so different in his shoes.

I'd like to point out: There's no reason to upgrade to the "crippled" version. Continue using your existing .251 versions if SKSE Alpha isn't causing problems with your configuration.

Secondarily, he is certainly rude and abusive at times. Although, not meaning to excuse the behavior, we need to try and remember the perspective he wields. Boris has focused rather heavily on the ENB project for nearly a decade, spanning dozens of games. Prior to that he was already well versed in programming philosophy and logical structuring. This is a developer that has, for a decade, dealt with accusations and suggestions from people who have not even a fractional understanding of the code.

He used to have tremendous patience for seemingly a flood of questions. But he's worn out now; tired from the repetitive answering and explanations. Bruised from countless bug-reports where the problem existed solely on the shoulders of a user's poor configuration, or conflicting piece of software they neglected to mention.

A decade for thousands of normal people, saying to a professional baker: "Are you sure you added flour? Why doesn't mine look like yours? You mean I need yeast? What's that?"

The attitude is painful to watch inflicted upon others, but I couldn't say I'd be so different in his shoes.

I should hire you to put my thoughts in words :P

• 2 weeks later...

Is it normal that the ini files are adding entries into them at will?

I wanted to disable the screenshot functionality, because the game does that just fine, but I was super surprised to find out ENB actually re-added "KeyScreenshot=44" into enblocal.ini.

(no I don't want to change the key, I just want to disable the feature :P)

Edited by Octopuss

Is it normal that the ini files are adding entries into them at will?

I wanted to disable the screenshot functionality, because the game does that just fine, but I was super surprised to find out ENB actually re-added "KeyScreenshot=44" into enblocal.ini.

(no I don't want to change the key, I just want to disable the feature :P)

It does not add entries at will. It adds default entries when a new version introduce new entries. 

If you delete something it will be re-added at its default value. It is a good behaviour that prevent you to delete important functionality. 

As for the screenshot functionality ENB does it better as it doesn't forget itself in the screenshot but if you still want to get rid of it just delete the number key not the whole line :)

• +1 1