Steppin Out

Leto

Perkus Maximus looks interesting - if it works.  I just watched this funny video about it:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaQ5he1J-1Y

It's so new that I think I'll save that for a future playthrough after they've had a chance to work the bugs out of it.

I read on the AFT forum that you can't teach followers PM spells.

Let me know if it works for you.

P.S. I decided to restart to try out the new strategy and test the difficulty at lower levels.

Edited by Leto

After watching this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyZIc86SPdk

I agree that Project ENB + CoT is an excellent choice if you can afford the FPS hit.

Personally, I wouldn't go with Supreme Storms.  The Wet and Cold blur effect for blizzards, rain, and ash is intrusive enough for me.  You can enable blizzard blind if you want to make them more punishing.

The Hypothermia mod has chased me indoors by blizzard like conditions a few times as well.

I think Climates of Tamriel - Weather Patch would go nicely with Project ENB:  https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/39799/?

Edited by Leto

Good find. 

I looked into this and found that STEP Core installs HD Enhanced Terrain old version with snow to get noise.dds and WorldMapOverlaySnow_n.dds; then installs Enhanced Distant Terrain which overwrites noise.dds.

When reviewing the mods, I chose HD Enhanced Terrain PRO - Blended version because I think the 2K noise.dds is superior with no performance loss.  There is no WorldMapOverlaySnow_n.dds in that version so it is being completely overwritten by Enhanced Distant Terrain.

As for WorldMapOverlaySnow_n.dds, I'm getting that from Dramatic Snow for Map - Type 2.

Therefore I'm going to uninstall Enhanced Distant Terrain.

Thanks for the help.

P.S.  I updated the mod list in post #3 to reflect my latest modlist.txt from Mod Organizer.

[Edit]

After using both for a while I discovered that Enhanced Distant Terrain and vanilla cause massive flickering (z-fighting) in the mountains while HD Enhanced Terrain PRO - Blended version virtually eliminates it.

I read about a bug where enemy killmoves are triggered without considering the players armor, shield, perks, etc; so I'm checking Player Killmove Immunity in the VioLens mod configuration menu settings.

I still get one-shotted by bandit leaders wielding two handed weapons but at least now I know it's fair.

Edited by Leto

may be getting annoyed by me keep finding these but The beauty of skyrim Dungeons is being  fully overwritten by Vivid Landscapes - All in One so again The Beauty of Skyrim - Dungeons is obsolute. and just so your aware i am doing a fresh install cos my hard drive got corrupted and i lost all mt skyrim data and that propberly why i am spotting these.

Edited by Darth_mathias