T3nd0's Perkus Maximus (by T3nd0)

hellanios

Looks pretty good overall, but I'm not going to use it until the Civil War Overhaul 4.0 is released.  I'd have to start over with a new character in both cases anyway....

EDIT: and I'm an idiot.  Just check and Civil War Overhaul is also updated to 4.01 now.

Edited by swiftfoxmark2

I went out to the shops while PaMa was running it was just about done by the time I returned. Looks great though and seems to play well, though level up screen was very slow to load. Then again I have gone overboard on mods again without actually trying to go overboard if you get my drift. I guess SoT is always going to be one mod too many without cutting out a lot of other stuff.

::):

Looks like it's more compatible than SkyRe was, still I'm terrified to try any sweeping overhaul like this because of the amount of compatibility that needs to be generated.  I remember being baffled by the things you needed compatibility patches for with SkyRe. Maybe one day...

I'm asking this here because I couldn't really find an answer on the STEP forums and this seems as good a place as any. If this is inappropriate here, sorry and please direct me to a more fitting spot.

PerMa is rather specific about its load order, as can be seen here. The suggestions seems sort of logical, considering the amount of items that are added all in all with all the required mods.

However, the order is quite different from STEP Core's suggested load order, and also quite different of a default LOOT sort. I'm currently trying to force PerMa's load order by adjusting the global priority of all the mods it mentions, and then I find I run into conflicts with the meta-rules that STEP Core has you add in LOOT. However, I can't really evaluate why a lot of those rules were added in the first place, since they often concern seemingly unrelated mods (for example, amidianContentAdddon.esp having to be loaded after BetterQuestObjectives.esp). So I don't really know how important those relations actually are.

Which load order should I follow? STEP or PerMa?

I read on the fb beta page that PerMa/PaMa esp's have been added to the LOOT masterlist so you can simply follow that (and download any necessary comp patches from the perma/pama patch mod page).

Also for those wondering, virtually all relevant STEP & SRLE mods are compatible either via the PaMa patcher tool or via external patches released on nexus.

I read on the fb beta page that PerMa/PaMa esp's have been added to the LOOT masterlist so you can simply follow that (and download any necessary comp patches from the perma/pama patch mod page).

Thanks for the reply, but it doesn't really answer my question. LOOT itself states in no uncertain terms that is not the end-all-be-all and that you always have to tweak some esp positions. If that's the case, how true are the assertions made in the PerMa suggested load order? I mean claims like "all stuff that adds items/spells goes before CCOR and after Cutting Room Floor". Because that rule seems logical, if you think about what CCOR does.

However, if I use LOOT with STEP CORE and it's associated user-created meta rules, I get item mods all over the place. But if I try to fix that with new meta rules, I get other mods at weird places in the load order due to the rules STEP already had me add. However, in contrast with the suggested load order from PerMa, I don't see the merit in several of the meta rules that STEP mandates. See my example in the previous post. There might be reasons but I haven't found any explanations for them yet.  So how important are those STEP meta rules, really, and should I overwrite them to adhere to PerMa suggestions for load order?

Edited by SolSeptem