DDSopt Preoptimization Setup

ogorman

Question

Hello everyone

I got question about DDSopt setup. The thing is that i want to use same setup for making both High and Performance Optimization.

At first i had one folder named "Vanilla Extracted". Then I, according to guide, run "1_HRDLC_Clean-START_2.7.bat". Everything went fine.

After that i run "2_Pre-optimization_2.78.bat" and it created 6 new folders making it 7 in total. Now i going to optimize vanilla textures using settings for Performance Quality (P) and after that I'm going to archive them.

When that process is over, I want to start whole process again for High Quality settings (H) without extracting files again and running already mention two batch files.

So what i want to know are those 7 folders which i have, left clean after optimization and archiving or i must copy preoptimization folders on some other place and paste it back every time i want to make other optimization?

Or maybe, only "Vanilla Extracted" remains untouched, while i have to erase other 6 folders and run "2_Pre-optimization_2.78.bat" ?

2 answers to this question

After doing the first optimization with Performance settings, rename the "Vanilla Optimized" folder to something like "Vanilla Optimized Performance". Keep this renamed folder and the "Vanilla Extracted" folder, and delete the rest of the folders. You don't need to run the "1_HRDLC_Clean-START_2.7.bat" again. Just run the "2_Pre-optimization_2.78.bat" and then optimize using the High Quality settings.