SkyProc Not Launching In Mod Organizer

Monstarr

Question

Okay for the last 3 hours I have been trying to get this working and I have finally realised I should ask a forum. My problem is that everytime I try to launch a SkyProc patcher not matter which one it is I get locked out of the Mod Organizer like normal but then nothing happens after about 20 seconds and then the mod organizer just goes back to normal.

Screenshot here: https://i.imgur.com/xn1hy1D.png

I have tried disabling my anti-virus, uninstalling mod organizer and even fully reinstalling skyrim but to no effect. I get no errors or anything when this happens so I cannot give you more information.

Thank you anyone who gives me a response.

According to the file path in that screen shot you are trying to launch the Java executable that resides in the Program Files folder.

Unless you have installed Java manually and have specifically placed it there,  that version of Java will be the 64bit version, as 64bit programs usually get installed into the Program Files whereas 32bit programs are in the Program Files (x86) folder.

Of course all of that is only the case if you have a 64bit version of Windows. The majority of users today do which is why I am making this assumption.

Since MO can only run 32bit programs, you will need to install the 32bit version of Java (both 32bit and 64bit can be installed with no conflict) and use that to start the SkyProc patcher.

You're pointing the patcher to your Java 8 folder right (Java 8 is about the only thing that seems to work with SkyProc patchers these days and you don't get it from the normal Java site but instead from Oracle's main site)?

According to the file path in that screen shot you are trying to launch the Java executable that resides in the Program Files folder.

Unless you have installed Java manually and have specifically placed it there,  that version of Java will be the 64bit version, as 64bit programs usually get installed into the Program Files whereas 32bit programs are in the Program Files (x86) folder.

Of course all of that is only the case if you have a 64bit version of Windows. The majority of users today do which is why I am making this assumption.

Since MO can only run 32bit programs, you will need to install the 32bit version of Java (both 32bit and 64bit can be installed with no conflict) and use that to start the SkyProc patcher.

I just installed the 32bit version of Java 8 but it made no difference. Also another thing I discovered is that the program will open out side of mod organizer but none of my mods will load. So I believe it is something to do with Mod Organizer.

You've set the correct arguments for the patcher as outlined in the wiki?

Perhaps you could paste your settings so we can check? There could be something minor you've missed.

Here are the arguments I have on

-jar "L:\Server\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\Mod Organizer\mods\Perkus Maximus - Maximum Perk Overhaul\SkyProc Patchers\T3nd0_PatchusMaximus\PatchusMaximus.jar"

Also here is a screenshot of the executables settings

https://imgur.com/bzxY826

If run try to execute the PatchusMaximus.jar, or indeed any Proccer, from outside MO does it work?

Also what are the permissions that are set on that L drive? Do you have full access rights on it?

I have tried running the .jar outside MO but it only loads the Skyrim.esm and update.esm and then it crashes giving this error https://imgur.com/cPrKySC.

I also do have full permissions to L drive

Ok that's good at least we know your Java setup is fine.

Now we have to figure out how to get MO to run it.

I have just found out it is not only .jar files is will not run but also .bat files. I figured this out by making the .jar run through a .bat which worked outside mod organizer but on in it.

I have just found out it is not only .jar files is will not run but also .bat files. I figured this out by making the .jar run through a .bat which worked outside mod organizer but on in it.

That's not strictly true. You can get just about any executable to run, so long as certain restrictions are adhered to.

Have a look at the GamerPoet's video on installing the Perkus Maximus moreHeapspace.bat. Michael has done another excellent job of providing clear and concise instructions for installing tools inside MO.

As for your situation. It really boils down to some simple steps.

• Your Java installation MUST be 32bit.
  • You MUST full access rights to ALL the folders that the process uses.
  • There must be no other software taking control of these files/folders. (virus-checkers etc.)
  • You MUST specify the correct arguments.

Assuming all the above is working then if there is still a problem it must logically fall outside of MO's control.

All the settings in MO mimic those that would be encountered if you run these executables from the console, or command-prompt. If they work there then they should work from within MO. The only proviso is the 32bit requirement.

If you open the Data tab in the right-hand pane and find any of the Proccer type jar files and right-click 'Add as Executable', do the settings MO produce match those of the current settings?

Edited by GrantSP

That's not strictly true. You can get just about any executable to run, so long as certain restrictions are adhered to.

Have a look at the GamerPoet's video on installing the Perkus Maximus moreHeapspace.bat. Michael has done another excellent job of providing clear and concise instructions for installing tools inside MO.

As for your situation. It really boils down to some simple steps.

• Your Java installation MUST be 32bit.
  • You MUST full access rights to ALL the folders that the process uses.
  • There must be no other software taking control of these files/folders. (virus-checkers etc.)
  • You MUST specify the correct arguments.

Assuming all the above is working then if there is still a problem it must logically fall outside of MO's control.

All the settings in MO mimic those that would be encountered if you run these executables from the console, or command-prompt. If they work there then they should work from within MO. The only proviso is the 32bit requirement.

If you open the Data tab in the right-hand pane and find any of the Proccer type jar files and right-click 'Add as Executable', do the settings MO produce match those of the current settings?

I just watched the Video you sent through and it does not seem to do anything when I do what he is doing in the video. Also when I add as executable the settings are the same. Also sorry for not repling for a couple of days I have been buisy lately.

You will need to be more specific in what isn't working. Software just doesn't decide to not work for someone if it works for someone else.

In that video what exactly are the differences between his steps and the steps you take that make this not work for you.

You also haven't answered my question about the paths that MO set when you 'Add as Executable'. Do they match what you already had?

Another area I need clarified. That L: drive you use, how is it connected? Is it through a software controlled network, a network attached device, or some other method. I'm just a little unsure if that might be a problem. It might be, if there is software controlling access to that drive that won't allow the MO VFS hook access to function correctly. It's a long shot but since I have so little to work on I'm having to think outside the box here.