PerMa and SR:LE???

Might try to merge it with a fixes patch or something. Being very careful right now due to PerMa's age. Only two tiny gripes with my base SR:LE install... weird foot textures (looks similar to Archive invalidation texture skewing that happens in FO) and i seem to have a rogue .esp. "GuardAnimations.esp" is left over as unrecognised. Thought the only one that should be left is the SRConflictResolution.

EDIT: I am guessing this is from some weird texture replacer. 
lF43W28.jpg

Edited by FamousDeadGuy

So now that PerMa has been out for a while and patched a bunch I'm going to attempt to do a mixed REGS, SR:LE game with PerMa. I would love any advise about what's compatable and what's not in SR:LE before I start. I understand the patcher and LO as I've run it with modified STEP setup. Thanks for any help!!

So now that PerMa has been out for a while and patched a bunch I'm going to attempt to do a mixed REGS, SR:LE game with PerMa. I would love any advise about what's compatable and what's not in SR:LE before I start. I understand the patcher and LO as I've run it with modified STEP setup. Thanks for any help!!

Has anyone updated PerMa yet? It would be great if the base file pointed to the right files before I start to do integration. I am verifying a stable SR:LE base before moving onto REGS right now. The REGS guide does a pretty good job (from what I can tell) of SR:LE + REGS integration.

• 2 weeks later...

A question for folks who have tried PerMa... assuming a starting point of the current SR:LE, are there any SR:LE mods that PerMa really complains about or are we pretty much fine given the correct load order and patches?

I patched full SRLE + full REGS + full MMO without PerMa complaint. You need compatibility patches from all Enai's mods.

A tip on some common esp merges would be great?!! I've done some of the basics like moss, mossdb, pointtheway, and pilgrimsdelight, but more and any advise would be nice. REGS can have a lot of esp's. Morrowloot plays nice with PerMa? That's suprising.

Edited by Jverv

Thanks darkside for giving me the push to try PerMa on SR:LE - it worked fine. I am certain I have a few little issues to iron out and want to check my load order but overall it was smooth.

For what it was worth, the Patch took only around 10 minutes rather than the reported hour on some video guides (probably since SR:LE doesn't have Immersive Weapons) although that was with Java 8 and my overclocked CPU. I noticed the CPU was only running a single thread so was pegged at about 16-20% load.

The only issue I've had with Perma so far is with the College entrance. You'll get asked to cast a spell on the symbol. (in my case it was Firebolt). It was a spell I already had, bought from Farengar early on, but it didn't work for the symbol. I had to buy the spell again from Feralda. Similar issue with the wards. I had the vanilla ward spell, and the Perma Spell Ward spell, but the Perma spell didn't work for the situation where Tolfdir tosses a spell at you.

I didn't stress about it cause I'm only doing that much so I can get into Saarthal to finish another quest line. Seems I'm not alone as a few others have mentioned it on the Perma page.

• +1 1

That long time is due to mo magic being terribly slow with anything that generates a file. :/

There are reasons why but its still annoying.

Technically it is because MO restricts the user to 32bit programs so you can only use the 32bit version of Java, whereas 64bit Java handles the memory allocation much better. So it would more be correct to say it is 32bit Java's 'magic' being slow.

But I understand the nature of your comment as being slightly "tongue in cheek".

Give me a little time and I'll write one up - just got up here.

Right - the first thing I did was update my Java to version 8. That did of course require me to point SUM to the new java version inside MO. I did this because of reports of Java 8 being faster on the PerMa patcher.

Next I looked at Load Order. The link in the first page of this thread is excellent. I was starting from today's SR:LE plus a few minor mods that I had added such as the odd follower and some texture/window replacers which had no impact on SR:LE. BUM is our friend here.

I had to move Guard Dialogue Overhaul to TOP DLC Fixes. This moved it above the mods that PerMa was expecting next. GuardAnimations GDO.esp  simply followed GDO without intervention.

Next I added the PerMa main files and used the following BUM rules...

PerkusMaximus_Master.esp AFTER Cloaks.esp

PerMa Expansion 1 - Wintermist.esp AFTER PerkusMaximus_Master.esp

PerkusMaximus_Mage.esp AFTER PerMa Expansion 1 - Wintermist.esp

PerkusMaximus_Thief.esp AFTER PerkusMaximus_Mage.esp

PerkusMaximus_Warrior.esp AFTER PerkusMaximus_Thief.esp

I added the PaMa files (and XML update) and then added the following BUM rules...

PerMa_Survivalism.esp AFTER Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp

Pre PaMa WAFR CCOR Patch.esp AFTER PerMa_Survivalism.esp

Pre PaMa CCF Patch.esp AFTER Pre PaMa WAFR CCOR Patch.esp

Pre PaMa SiC Patch.esp AFTER Pre PaMa CCF Patch

Pre PaMa BoYD Patch.esp AFTER Pre PaMa SiC Patch.esp

ProperWeaponScale.esp  AFTER RaceMenuOverlays.esp

RaceMenuPluginXPMSE.esp AFTER ProperWeaponScale.esp

I ran BOSS and checked for unknown ESPs and checked against the PaMa suggested Load Order.

This is where I located the copy of 1nivWICCloaks.esp that PaMa adds and moved it to the Optional folder to stop BOSS complaining.

I checked the Uncapper that PaMa adds. We already have Uncapper in SR:LE of course but this adds a new .ini

I ran Wrye Bash on my Bashed Patch.

I ran SUM on ASIS only.

I used the Data tab of MO to drill down to the PaMa batch file that had the 1024 heap space since MO is 32-bit and added it to the list of tools in MO.

I ran the PaMa batch file and waited. In my case it was 8 minutes on a 4.5GHz processor and it appeared to only use 1 thread.

I added more BUM rules...

PatchusMaximus.esp BOTTOM Dynamic Plugins

Dual Sheath Redux Patch.esp AFTER PatchusMaximus.esp

I ran BOSS. BOSS now reports a few extra unticked ESPs which are from the WB merged ESPs.

I ran SUM on DSR.

I ran BOSS.

After that I had no BOSS errors. I then started a new character and followed the SR:LE Character Creation setup including the new Race Menu weapon placement.

Here is my current mod list and load order...

MOD LIST : https://www.dcoffey.co.uk/images/misc/modlist.txt

LOAD ORDER : https://www.dcoffey.co.uk/images/misc/loadorder.txt

Edited by DanielCoffey