Format for '<code></code>' is messed up

EssArrBee

Question

For some reason <code></code> is not working as it was only a couple days ago. The old way would make the text white and a bit smaller font size. I think it also made it courier new as well. Now it has a little box around it and there is no change in color. Good example here of what's happening: https://wiki.step-project.com/STEP_Core_Patch_Changelog#Detailed_Changelog

6 answers to this question

Yes, was just testing out some options. Fixed now.

I also edited the default CSS to meet in the middle with regard to the custom looks Tech created to override default site CSS. I agree with some of his changes, but just a bit toned down.

elements should go more across the page as originally intended. That is the site look, so I removed much of the custom CSS for the ENB INI Guide (example) ... and altered the default a bit as a compromised between s4n's original format and Tech's preference. I increased the left and bottom margins and let them inherit the rest. Total width decreased to 90%. I also darkened the background and lightened the text just a tad.

elements were given a bit more padding and darkened background/lightened text a bit. They just did not stand out enough before.

Heading 2-6 margins were increased a bit, bc they were too small, particularly on top.

The result is that there is no need for any custom CSS overrides anywhere within the main wiki other than to define new properties that we currently do not cover in the site CSS. Do as you like on User namespace, but we want the rest of the site to use the defaults. S4n will not want too many changes to his original defaults.

Next, I want to tackle the layout of the ENB INI Guide. It should take on TOC format and categorization hierarchy like in this example. The example shows the settings for the Environment section of the ENBSeries INI ... notice how much easier it is to get at specific info, which is more like an index and better suited to retrieving info. The categorization would be like so:

Guides > INI Guides > INI Settings

I am putting together some HeaderTabs vs TOC compares in the new Category:Example which in turn will house subcategories related to specific examples. I will mock up the ENBseries INI guide in here as well.

Thank you! Much better! I can live with these changes. All my years of designing websites and then getting some proper schooling on the subject...the wiki was just "grinding my gears" and really bothered me with its use of whitespace and some hierarchical elements. This is very much improved! Good work! :thumbsup: For once, I don't have any critics or complaints...until I run into some other oddly designed element.... ::P:

Glad you like it! Let me know if you find any strange effects that cannot be fixed by removing some custom CSS or other tweak. Templates included ... but my changes should not affect any of the templates (difficult to say though)

I am working on mocking up what I have in mind for the ENBSeries INI guide. I am leaving your guide alone for now, but want to mock up for a bit before changing anything. What I have in mind will utilize subpages as subcategories and behave more like an index ... emphasis on ease of accessing information, which should be more useful for this rather complex index-like guide.