tutorial needs to be reworded

FWE - FO3 Wanderers Edition

LowRes
Cleaning
  • Author: FWE Team
  • Version: v6.03
  • Requirements: FOSE, DarNified UI
  • Notes: More details about FWE are available on the Fallout 3 Wanderers Edition site.
  • Fallout NV Equivalent: Project Nevada, the followon mod from the FWE team for Fallout NV
  • Installation: Download "FWE_Master_Release_6-0_-_Part_1", "FWE_Master_Release_6-0_-_PART_2 ", and "FWE_6-03a_HOTFIX_PATCH".

Install Part 1, Part 2 and the hotfix in that order

Download and then install MO "DarnUI_Support_for_FWE".

This mod includes an updated version of the DarNifiedUIF3.esp plugin (which already includes the DarNifiedUIF3 hotfix); this plugin will be used instead of the plugin from the DarNified F3 mod previously installed.

Download and then install with MO "Primary Needs Sound Disabler"

This eliminates the annoying heartbeat sound when one or more of the primary need values is low.

Double click FWE - FO3 Wanderers Edition in the left pane of MO, and select the Optional ESPs tab. Move at least one of the "FO3 Wanderers Edition - Optional Restore Tracers*" plugins into Optional ESPs.

If MMM is used, then when Creating a Bashed Patch select "FO3 Wanderers Edition - Main File.esm", then right click the bash tags window in the lower right of the Wrye Flash window and remove Names.

Major overhaul of Fallout 3 gameplay and equipment. Adds many new features from managing grenades to sprinting, bullet time, a Primary Needs feature and HUD for more "hardcore" immersion (incorporated into vanilla Fallout New Vegas by Bethesda), Portable Campsite, bottling water, and Roleplayer's Alternative Start.

i dont know what to do its an fomm mod and this is not the only one that confuses me...

The FOMM-fork mod is needed when installing some of the mods in the guide. I'm testing a new script that EssArrBee mentioned that could eliminate the need for FOMM - fork; read the recent posts in the General feedback thread.

ok one more question may i use the mods: CRAFT, FOOK2 and Classic Fallout Weapons?

ok one more question may i use the mods: CRAFT, FOOK2 and Classic Fallout Weapons?

The guide version posted today includes the using the new NCC client for MO including revised mod installation instructions; this eliminates the need for using FOMM - fork. Hopefully this takes care of the questions you had with using FOMM.

CRAFT is already included with FWE, and it is used by a number of mods. It is also included in compatibility patches in the guide.

As pointed out in Classic Fallout Weapons Revived - CFWR it isn't feasible to use Classic Fallout Weapons with either FWE or FOOK2. Note that FWE and some of the other mods in the STEP Fallout 3 guide add a large set of weapons including versions of many of the classic Fallout weapons. Moreover, these are balanced in FWE and some of the compatibility patches in the guide so that all the weapons should have damage consistent with their expected capabilities.

FWE and FOOK2 are incompatible; several users have tried to create compatibility patches but such patches would be very large and difficult to maintain. You will likely need to pick one or the other. This guide uses FWE, in part because many of the better available mods have FWE compatibility patches but no FOOK2 compatibility patches.