STEP Core Bashed Patch--no tags for aMidianBorn_ContentAddon.esp

berznarf

Question

So, I've been installing the STEP Core. Everything went great except for one minor slip up early on that I corrected easily enough. I basically followed the plan to the letter (using MO, applied all suggested meta tags, etc) except for not installing a couple of items where MO gave the "information missing" error on the download and running "query info" several times still did not fix that. These were also mods that did not seem that vital to my gameplay. 

However, when it came time to do the Bashed Patch step, I ran Wrye Bash through MO, highlighted aMidianBorn_ContentAddon.esp, but no Bash Tags show in the window for them. So, I am unable to complete this step. I stopped with the Core there, as I felt it possibly unwise to finish the final few patch mods without this. I am a complete noob to all of this, and I didn't want to mess anything up. Bash Tags do show for other mods. I did not go through the entire list to see if they show for every one, but they are not missing completely from my modlist.

Being the impatient person that I am and having gone a few days without actually playing Skyrim, I started up a new game with the Core where it was. Everything seems to be fine, as I played for several hours without any issues (aside from background junk on my computer interrupting and messing up the game (dammit, AVG)). So, I feel like I could just leave things as they are, as I'm not sure I will mod the game any further, but I worry that somewhere further down the line I may run into issues that I just hadn't triggered at the beginning of a fresh game. 

Any suggestions on what I should do? Can I just continue running Skyrim as it is? Will this cause errors later in the game? Can you figure out why those tags are not showing for me to complete this step? 

Thanks so much!

Oh, also, there did exist an esp in my Overwrite files after simply closing WB without actually completing the patch.  I simply deleted it, since I did not go through the listed steps. I'm not sure if that info helps, but there is that.

Edited by berznarf

5 answers to this question

This should be automatic.  Make sure you are using the latest Beta of LOOT, I think it's 0.7.0 Beta 3.  After you update the masterlist for LOOT, go to Wrye Bash and where you would normally add the tag, check the line that says Automatic at the top of the column.  Then build a Bash Patch.  after the patch is built click the plugin once and look in the Bash tags box in the lower right corner.  If it has the Delev tag there then Wrye Bash read the masterlist like it should be doing and added the tag by itself.

I've been having a very similar issue. I've posted it to nexus but had no replies. Below is a copy of the thread I've made there.

So I decided to delete all my mods and reinstall Skyrim as I have managed to break my game by adding even more mods to it during a playthrough. I was running about 200 at that time including a bashed patch that worked great.

I took a much more careful approach to modding the game after the fresh install, carefully reading descriptions, analysing compatibility and so forth. That took me all day today, with the last thing I decided to do today was to add all the mods that have leveled lists/edits. So after doing that I went to wrye bash, fixed up the load order which LOOT gave me and then went on to rebuild the bashed patch. And that's when I noticed the leveled lists were not as numerous as in my previous modding attempt, despite the fact I've added even more mods affecting leveled lists. I noticed a few mods like the Bandoliers and Animallica that were previously included in my bashed patches yet weren't this time around. Examining them in LOOT reveals that they haven't had bashed tags attached to them like in the past. I tried updating the master list and even installing the beta version of LOOT, it did not help. Searching the net seems to bring up no answers.

So please can anyone tell me what is going on? Why are the bashed tags not being added properly? I could add them myself but I have never done it before, and I have around 160 mods so going through them to look for mods that will need bash tags added can be a bit tedious.

I am a noob, and I don't mind if someone points me to an obvious answer I missed and if there is one, I am sorry to have made this thread. I am just out of willpower right now, it seems that Skyrim mods always beat me before I beat the game. (Mind my last 200+ mods load order was actually working well until I decided to mess with it)

Thank you very much and godspeed.

I've been having a very similar issue. I've posted it to nexus but had no replies. Below is a copy of the thread I've made there.

So after doing that I went to wrye bash, fixed up the load order which LOOT gave me and then went on to rebuild the bashed patch. And that's when I noticed the leveled lists were not as numerous as in my previous modding attempt, despite the fact I've added even more mods affecting leveled lists. I noticed a few mods like the Bandoliers and Animallica that were previously included in my bashed patches yet weren't this time around. Examining them in LOOT reveals that they haven't had bashed tags attached to them like in the past. I tried updating the master list and even installing the beta version of LOOT, it did not help. Searching the net seems to bring up no answers.

Your post does not specifically refer to just the plugin from the title. The Original Poster is asking about one plugin and the STEP guide. I feel a new topic is in order or look for a previous post where someone asked about Bash Tags and how they work because your concern is about Relev and Delev Bash Tags in general.  Aside from a lengthy response this post and this post explain Bash Tags.

Edited by Sharlikran