Requiem - The Roleplaying Overhaul (by Xarrian and Ogerboss)

frihyland

I'm still not into gameplay-changing mods' date=' even if i'm a strong hardcore/realism/basicneeds lover. But i'm just scared of messing with them and i prefer to focuse of making the vanilla skyrim plain perfect and polished' date=' both visually and gameplay.[/quote'']

I agree with this sentiment. While I love the D&D esque leveling compared to what we have now, S.T.E.P. is meant to refine and polish what Skyrim has to offer, not to overhaul and change mechanics. Of course, since S.T.E.P. (I assume) plans to re-introduce the packs, this could always been included in one of the Realism Packs or whatever it would be called.

yeah a realisme/immersion pack would be great, then we can also include different mods like skyrealisme serie and frostfall-hypothermia etc.

If there were a pack like that, I think it should be like the ENB area of STEP, where it gives you several ENBs that STEP compilers believe are high quality (and work well with the mods in STEP) and let you choose one. So for this, it would be: Choose Requiem, ACE, or SkyRe and have a brief description for what it does compared to the others.

If there were a pack like that' date=' I think it should be like the ENB area of STEP, where it gives you several ENBs that STEP compilers believe are high quality (and work well with the mods in STEP) and let you choose one. So for this, it would be: Choose Requiem, ACE, or SkyRe and have a brief description for what it does compared to the others.[/quote']

Comparing gameplay overhauls to the ENB series doesn't quite add up. ENB is a visual post-processing pack, that with the right choice still stays true to the vanilla experience. Whereas these gameplay overhauls, while true to older games in the series are not true to vanilla Skyrim. WHile you should still only choose one, they should still be included in a Realism Pack, while ENB should be part of the Core S.T.E.P. experience for capable machines.

Sorry, I should have picked my words better. I meant if they make a pack, they should say that there are several overhauls and these are the ones we recommend, choose one. That's what they do with ENB: If you want to use ENB, here are a few that we recommend, choose one. So they aren't related at all, simply they way they are presented (giving the user a choice between several).

ENB is the exception not the rule. Other packs are going to be centered around specific playstyles so many packs may not be compatible with each other. For instance this mod may go into a Morrowind pack that I am (very slowly) putting together and will be incompatible with a realistic combat pack for instance. In general our focus is always going to be on the core STEP mods, packs will be available on the wiki only.