Game starts but no main menu

Majorshepard

Question

I recently been following this guide after a recommendation from someone on Nexus forums, as when I used NMM it messed up my game to either crash randomly or make me have to reinstall UI mods as they collided with each other.

I am having a problem where the game will start up and go through the intro splash screens but as soon as I get to the Main Menu nothing comes up other than the background. No New Game, Settings, Credits etc. My mouse cursor doesn't appear also. I can't even quit the game without starting task manager then switching users and logging back in as my mouse would be stuck in New Vegas.

I thought it was because of the UI mods so I started all over again and tried it before I installed any UI mods but it still happened. Did I miss something? A vital step? Or is one of the mods broken?

• Answers 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

:tries it: OK that was weird o.O I did what you said, disabled all mods. I started the game and then the menu actually loaded and I could highlight options....but they were all invisible. The Title Loaded normally though, it was just selectable text. I guess this happened as DarnUI wasn't active?

Might going through each plugin work? Like ticking 5 at a time to narrow down what's causing the issue?

I'm a little confused. If you've unloaded all mods, but the fonts tweak in the ini's been done, that should by rights have caused a CTD shouldn't it?  :O_o:

I know you said earlier in the thread that you'd copied and pasted that ini tweak in, but did you save it? If you look at the ini now can you definitely see it's there?

@ EssArrBee With everything disabled? Nope.

@Thane The Ini Tweaks are there. They are saved.

Update: OK just tested with DUINV enabled and the menu works. Everything is coming up with no problems. So something must be causing the issue further back :/ Questions is what?

Edited by Majorshepard

Alright I started and I found one cause of the problem so far. The Merged Fixes in the "Fixes" section. I followed the guide but with the Merged.esp active the menu doesn't show up. I have all of the listed fixes to merge, except for the normal version of SafeShowRaceMenu, I have the console version as the other one is said to be buggy. However having it all seperate works. either I'm doing something wrong when making the merge or something else is happening.

I'll try making the merge again and see if I am doing something wrong.

Edited by Majorshepard

OK something must be up with the merging of mods. Everytime I use the merged versions of mods they do not work. I just tried the New Vegas Series Uncut and it cause the issue. Are the scripts I got broken? Or have I not installed them properly?

Edited by Majorshepard

:Bangs head on desk while laughing maniacally: hahha...It was because FNVEdit wasn't 3.0.33! Because I was using 3.0.31 the merge scripts weren't working. Now that I updated to the newer one it the file merges work now! >_< I have only one thing to say at this point....I AM A F**KING IDIOT!! DX<

Sorry for wasting your time with this guys :/