STEP Optimized Vanilla Textures (by z929669)

z929669

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was downloading the Standard Optimized Textures last night when the download corrupted, the STEP Nexus page went hidden, and the page came back up about an hour later with the Standard Optimized Textures link removed. Same bug?

The file got deleted on accident. I was uploading the new files and when I went to delete a file the optimized textures got deleted instead. Might be a bit before it's up again because the Nexus admins have to add the file manually because we can't get files over 2GB to upload correctly. 

• 9 months later...

That indicates that the file was corrupted. Either on initial upload or download...since you are the only one reporting this, I assume it is download.

If downloading with the "download with manager" button, make sure your antivirus is not running a scan at the same time. Might be a good idea to add your MO folder to your antivirus' exclusions list.

You could try downloading manually and adding the file yourself in MO after it is downloaded through the "add from file" button.

I downloaded with Mod Manager, didn't have Antivirus running or anything, but the connection might've messed up, tried again and it seems to have worked with "STEP DLC Optimized Textures - Standard.bsa" and "STEP Vanilla Optimized Textures - Standard.bsa" under "archives", and it seems to boot alright. Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

That indicates that the file was corrupted. Either on initial upload or download...since you are the only one reporting this, I assume it is download.

If downloading with the "download with manager" button, make sure your antivirus is not running a scan at the same time. Might be a good idea to add your MO folder to your antivirus' exclusions list.

You could try downloading manually and adding the file yourself in MO after it is downloaded through the "add from file" button.

I'm having the same problem and unfortunately unless I can find an alternate source for this file it means im done with STEP. Ideally there should always be an alternate source for files that large because funneling access to a ~3GB file to a single HTTP download is pretty much asking for problems with the download.

There isn't anything wrong with the file, just with the connection you have and the server Nexus assigns you for that download.

If you are trying to get this file via MO, or even NMM, try manually downloading it with your browser instead. Windows may be interfering with the multiple connections that are used to grab these larger files and it may think MO is trying to do something odd.

There isn't anything wrong with the file, just with the connection you have and the server Nexus assigns you for that download.

If you are trying to get this file via MO, or even NMM, try manually downloading it with your browser instead. Windows may be interfering with the multiple connections that are used to grab these larger files and it may think MO is trying to do something odd.

Downloading it through the browser worked, so I managed to get things up and running for the most part (got a lighting issue I'm sorting out atm but that's likely unrelated to problems downloading a texture pack lol)