66 replies to this topic

#1 mightyusaid

mightyusaid

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 10:20 PM

Great retexture mod that aims to improve all the vanilla weapons, the retextures look amazing. Look at the pictures urself, i think this is step worthy. https://skyrim.nexus....com/mods/22557

#2 Farlo

Farlo

Dragon Prince

• Site Founders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,677 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 10:25 PM

I wish all the images weren't odd-angled "action shots" so we could actually compare them.

#3 JudgmentJay

JudgmentJay

Thane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 10:35 PM

I started following this mod the minute it showed up on the Nexus. I knew it had alot of potential just from the first few screenshots, and he's added a ton of stuff just in the past few days. Looks very promising.

#4 skwareballz

skwareballz

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 10:54 PM

This guy is really burning through the vanilla weapons list, at this rate should be done in a couple weeks and then it would certainly be worth looking at which are the best retextures he offers. I'm not to crazy about the deadric stuff, but everything else looks good.

#5 frihyland

frihyland

Dwemer Lord

• Site Founders
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 12:43 AM

Its sad he went off the rails with the daedric stuff, the rest is a nice enhancement of vanilla style.

#6 Kelmych

Kelmych

Dragon King

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,990 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 02:21 AM

I downloaded the UHWT files also but I haven't compared it yet with the AMB weapon series discussed in the STEP forums recently or any of the other weapon texture replacers.

#7 freche

freche

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 03:44 PM

[quote name=''frihyland' pid='11234' dateline='1345441407']Its sad he went off the rails with the daedric stuff' date=' the rest is a nice enhancement of vanilla style.[/quote']
From his latest comment it looks like he will eventually release an optional Daedric set, hopefully that one will be more lore friendly.

#8 Besidilo

Besidilo

Jarl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 993 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:10 PM

I wish Millenia kept on working on his textures.

#9 Kelmych

Kelmych

Dragon King

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,990 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:36 PM

Skyrim seems to have burned out a lot of good modders. There a many good mods that are likely to wither away since they are not being maintained while the game itself is evolving. I don't remember this happening to the same extent in Morrowind or Oblivion.

#10 skwareballz

skwareballz

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:55 PM

Well a lot people came out early on and made most the textures double the resolution, then Bethesda came out and made most the textures double the resolution. It was like a lot of that work was for nothing and they'd have to go back and do it all over again.

#11 CaBaL

CaBaL

Guard

• Mod Authors
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:00 AM

personally i really cannot recommend this mod...since the only texturing work in it is a overlay of photos and texture bits above the vanilla maps....actually they're not even retextures, the author did nothing with a single brush ...just placed a lether bit from photos on leather and overlayed a steel plate image on steel.... just noob tweaks. ingame they look even worst.... exagerate sharp filter....vanilla details destroyed by overlay, inexistent normal maps...and when normal maps are included are a lot less detailed than vanilla...and saved in dxt1...with no alfa...no transparency, this means no specular maps. considering this work HD is insane...and thinking that a concrete surface is steel...is madness....concrete is concrete...period. millenia works are the yardstick for weapons.... hi-poly baked normals , detailed specular, proper color map obtained with ambient occlusion...and the whole texture done with brushes... not pre-made photo. open your eyes :)

#12 skwareballz

skwareballz

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:11 AM

After I opened up most of the textures and normals in paint.net I saw the same thing. I'm glad someone else is confirming it cuz I thought it was just me.

#13 CaBaL

CaBaL

Guard

• Mod Authors
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:24 AM

i noticed from the screenshot :P ...it's clearly a overextimated first mod....daedric with rust is the real top/flop.... deadric=ebony, ebony=wood....why rust? on side note... i have the photo that the author overlayed above daedric in my reference stock...is from deviantart... just look for rusted steel there ...and probably you'll find it.... the worst thing is the lack or mess with normal maps... really discouraging.

#14 torminater

torminater

Dragon Prince

• Contributors
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:24 AM

i noticed from the screenshot :P ...it's clearly a overextimated first mod....daedric with rust is the real top/flop.... deadric=ebony, ebony=wood....why rust? on side note... i have the photo that the author overlayed above daedric in my reference stock...is from deviantart... just look for rusted steel there ...and probably you'll find it....
the worst thing is the lack or mess with normal maps... really discouraging.

this is actually wrong: https://uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Ebony

#15 Besidilo

Besidilo

Jarl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 993 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:01 AM

Skyrim seems to have burned out a lot of good modders. There a many good mods that are likely to wither away since they are not being maintained while the game itself is evolving. I don't remember this happening to the same extent in Morrowind or Oblivion.

It was the case with Millenia, he got bored with Skyrim fairly quickly, but he's an active modder for Fallout New Vegas.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: skyrim, mod

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users