Unique HD Weapon Textures

mightyusaid

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This guy is really burning through the vanilla weapons list, at this rate should be done in a couple weeks and then it would certainly be worth looking at which are the best retextures he offers.

I'm not to crazy about the deadric stuff, but everything else looks good.

Its sad he went off the rails with the daedric stuff' date=' the rest is a nice enhancement of vanilla style.[/quote']

From his latest comment it looks like he will eventually release an optional Daedric set, hopefully that one will be more lore friendly.

Skyrim seems to have burned out a lot of good modders. There a many good mods that are likely to wither away since they are not being maintained while the game itself is evolving. I don't remember this happening to the same extent in Morrowind or Oblivion.

personally i really cannot recommend this mod...since the only texturing work in it is a overlay of photos and texture bits above the vanilla maps....actually they're not even retextures, the author did nothing with a single brush ...just placed a lether bit from photos on leather and overlayed a steel plate image on steel.... just noob tweaks.

ingame they look even worst.... exagerate sharp filter....vanilla details destroyed by overlay, inexistent normal maps...and when normal maps are included are a lot less detailed than vanilla...and saved in dxt1...with no alfa...no transparency, this means no specular maps.

considering this work HD is insane...and thinking that a concrete surface is steel...is madness....concrete is concrete...period.

millenia works are the yardstick for weapons.... hi-poly baked normals , detailed specular, proper color map obtained with ambient occlusion...and the whole texture done with brushes... not pre-made photo.

open your eyes :)

i noticed from the screenshot :P ...it's clearly a overextimated first mod....daedric with rust is the real top/flop.... deadric=ebony, ebony=wood....why rust? on side note... i have the photo that the author overlayed above daedric in my reference stock...is from deviantart... just look for rusted steel there ...and probably you'll find it....

the worst thing is the lack or mess with normal maps... really discouraging.

i noticed from the screenshot :P ...it's clearly a overextimated first mod....daedric with rust is the real top/flop.... deadric=ebony, ebony=wood....why rust? on side note... i have the photo that the author overlayed above daedric in my reference stock...is from deviantart... just look for rusted steel there ...and probably you'll find it....

the worst thing is the lack or mess with normal maps... really discouraging.

this is actually wrong: https://uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Ebony

Skyrim seems to have burned out a lot of good modders. There a many good mods that are likely to wither away since they are not being maintained while the game itself is evolving. I don't remember this happening to the same extent in Morrowind or Oblivion.

It was the case with Millenia, he got bored with Skyrim fairly quickly, but he's an active modder for Fallout New Vegas.