Unique HD Weapon Textures

mightyusaid

i noticed from the screenshot :P ...it's clearly a overextimated first mod....daedric with rust is the real top/flop.... deadric=ebony, ebony=wood....why rust? on side note... i have the photo that the author overlayed above daedric in my reference stock...is from deviantart... just look for rusted steel there ...and probably you'll find it....

the worst thing is the lack or mess with normal maps... really discouraging.

this is actually wrong: https://uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Ebony
sorry...I wrote wood ... the intention was to write glass :/

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of updates today. Oblivion and Skyrim-style Daedric sets (I'm curious to see how they compare to the Daedric texture mod included in STEP which looks pretty amazing imo) as well as "fixed" normals. I'd like to hear CaBaL's thoughts regarding the new normals since he obviously knows what he's talking about.

I think the textures look pretty great for the most part, but I'm also worried about the VRAM impact this mod could have... I mean it's like 800mb worth of files for everything!

do not worry about vram impact...since author is saving in dxt1... i can bet my last beer that all files are about 2mb for 2048x2048 res...including normals.

worry about game rendering instead... since without specular maps everything will look extremely glossy ...including leather,wood,and everything supposed to be NOT glossy -.-

in the meantime the true volumes of normal are lost...and the only thing that remain are the small details gimped from diffuse map (morrowind style).

really i do not want to sound like a troll or such...honestly i'm not going to replace millenia textures or mine with this eyesore,so i do not really care if it gets hotfiles,fotm, nobel,oscar,a place in paradise at the right hand of god. but some things must be told...since are under the eyes ... but nobody see.

also i do not think i have something to envy

my problem is that this kind of things brings up "copycat killers".... tomorrow or so someone will think that this is texturing...and it's not...at all

yep.... nexus is quite intolerant about criticism...everything is supposed to be trolling......so instaban... i do not think that somebody wants to be banned for this....or for trying to teach a noob a minimal knowledge of what he is doing.... i already left a comment... something like: "2 photos slapped on a vanilla texture" it's more than enough...

the absence of criticism...and the teddy bear mood leads only to bad mods...and bad mods steal attention from the few good mods, which i think is what player want to see

must been said that this kind of rules bans and so...are somehow necessary for nexus... just imagine if anyone say whatever he want...or do whatever he want (not few ppl there).

now... talking freely to stimulate an improvement in things is good (like saiyng... my friend...this mod is a ****....but can be improved i can tell you how )...but very few ppl talk for this reason... mostly ppl just say the first thing that comes to their mind .

without heavy moderation nexus probably would not even exist for 10 -12 years as it do. so is somehow rightfull. nexus is for sharing....and find maybe few good artists (i do not particularry love the name"modder"thinking that some ppl do art sometimes)...and probably that's all.

to frankly speach , mutual comparison and of course highter-level works are attribute of smaller communities.

i'm glad that they exist :)

must been said that this kind of rules bans and so...are somehow necessary for nexus... just imagine if anyone say whatever he want...or do whatever he want (not few ppl there).

now... talking freely to stimulate an improvement in things is good (like saiyng... my friend...this mod is a ****....but can be improved i can tell you how )...but very few ppl talk for this reason... mostly ppl just say the first thing that comes to their mind .

without heavy moderation nexus probably would not even exist for 10 -12 years as it do. so is somehow rightfull. nexus is for sharing....and find maybe few good artists (i do not particularry love the name"modder"thinking that some ppl do art sometimes)...and probably that's all.

to frankly speach , mutual comparison and of course highter-level works are attribute of smaller communities.

Well said, and that's what we're hoping to form with the STEP community.  It's amazing how many dedicated people are willing to contribute thoughtfully and discuss matters civilly given the right environment, and that's what will push STEP to be the best it can be.

Well said, and that's what we're hoping to form with the STEP community.  It's amazing how many dedicated people are willing to contribute thoughtfully and discuss matters civilly given the right environment, and that's what will push STEP to be the best it can be.

When civility runs out there is always layer upon layer of dry humor and sarcasm. That is the life blood of long term relationships. It's hard to be angry when you're laughing.

Well said, and that's what we're hoping to form with the STEP community.  It's amazing how many dedicated people are willing to contribute thoughtfully and discuss matters civilly given the right environment, and that's what will push STEP to be the best it can be.

I think it's pretty clear that the STEP team listens, unlike a number of high profile modders on Nexus, not to mention all the shitty ones.

Angry criticism is not always bad, at least not when it's not a leading opinion on your mod.

While I don't like being harsh, out of respect for someones work, the UHDWT package is... In my opinion... Worse than the HD DLC textures even.. Also can't hold a candle to Millenia's very limited work. It's a shame he's too big of a Fallout:NV fan to be bothered to continue working on project. To each there own I suppose.