Unique HD Weapon Textures

mightyusaid

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The size of this mod is completely ridiculous' date=' anyone run this through ddsopt yet? I bet it cuts the size in half or more.[/quote']

Will do that in a second. In the meantime...

Missing normal maps:

magichunteraxe.dds

dwarvenstaff.dds

mq_dragonprieststaff.dds

translucentrose.dds

Duplicates:

sword_d - Copy.dds

dawnguardhammer - Copy.dds

Errors:

torch_d.dds is the same file as torch_n.dds

Hello!

What do you think about adding this mod to the STEP project? What Unique HD Weapon Textures - UHWT mod does in short is that im focusing to retexture every weapon, Shield and armor in game including DawnGuards. Every weapon in game is completed and so is the shields, This also includes the torches and all the Artifacts.

And no this is not only the weapons that you usually have in your own hand but also the monster weapons. Falmer sword, Giant club etc.

Please note that I'm working on this mod daily and right now is to fix bugs. only one bug fix left. After that, Armors!

Better quality textures for a enchanted Skyrim is what both you/I and the community want right? So let them have it? :thumbsup:

Best regards,

More pics on my mod page!

Here is some sample pics:

Shields:

Leather shield

Posted Image

Steel shield

Posted Image

Weapons:

Quiver ancient

Posted Image

ancient handaxe

Posted Image

The size of this mod is completely ridiculous' date=' anyone run this through ddsopt yet? I bet it cuts the size in half or more.[/quote']

every texture is already textured. Reason is that the normals is scaled and by that increases the file size. The other reason is that EVERY weapon is retextured. giant clubs, Weapon artifacts, Dawnguard weapons.

Also, all duplicates is fixed on next update, including horizontal line fix and missing normals. both the torch_g and _n has alpha and by that reason has the same size.

sad that there is so much negative comments...

If you think that I could do it better, why don't you PM me then and help me? I'm quite new to this but I haven't done this for myself. I tried to do this for the community. That is all.

Hello!

What do you think about adding this mod to the STEP project? What Unique HD Weapon Textures - UHWT mod does in short is that im focusing to retexture every weapon, Shield and armor in game including DawnGuards. Every weapon in game is completed and so is the shields, This also includes the torches and all the Artifacts.

And no this is not only the weapons that you usually have in your own hand but also the monster weapons. Falmer sword, Giant club etc.

Please note that I'm working on this mod daily and right now is to fix bugs. only one bug fix left. After that, Armors!

Better quality textures for a enchanted Skyrim is what both you/I and the community want right? So let them have it? :thumbsup:

Best regards

Welcome klotim,

We have already been watching your mod with interest, I have merged your post into the existing thread, please search in future before starting new threads.

As far as your mod, we are currently looking at the Millenia Weapon Retexture Project  and the aMidianBorn Armor series so those are the competition.  We are very concerned with the size of your mod and although we haven't gotten to the point of analyzing it technically I would guess that you haven't optimized it to our standards.

We are not interested in simply making Skyrim look as awesome as possible, what we are looking for is making Skyrim look as awesome as possible in a lore friendly way that does not unduly decrease performance and remains consistent with all the other mods included in STEP.

sad that there is so much negative comments...

If you think that I could do it better, why don't you PM me then and help me? I'm quite new to this but I haven't done this for myself. I tried to do this for the community. That is all.

Don't be discouraged by the passionate critique klotin, you will find many people that will support your efforts here, although I'm not sure we have any artists that could really help you directly.  You clearly have a good eye and a lot of passion, you just need to learn a few graphic skills to really make your mod great.

We have very high standards here and we encourage you to attempt to live up to them, we will help in any way we can.  Cheers.

His textures aren't larger than Millenia's, though. Nor other similar texture mods. Retexturing all mods comes with the size, I've already explained how you can save some MB by optimising and recompressing the textures with 7zip, but the raw size of the textures is the same as any other high quality mod's.

aMiddianBorn Armor isn't competing in any way with weapons retextures, and Millenia's textures would only replace a few of the dozens that UHWT does, not to mention that Millenia's mods is no longer under development.

Once klotim's optimises his textures a little for size, fixes some glitches, adds the missing normal maps and creates env_maps for his textures, it could well be a mod worthy of adding to STEP. I think including a performance version would be nice.

Alright got ya now! Using DDSopt right now. Only thing left for me to do is envmasks and environmental maps and then compress it once again with 7z.

Should I combine the Weapons with the shields in same pack or different?

Should I use the lossless option on texture compression or lossy?

I mention those mods because they are great examples of the style and quality we are looking for' date=' he can learn a lot from them.[/quote']

There is a huge difference between hand-made textures and photos, but since that's the best alternative we've got, I see no reason to complain. That doesn't take anything from the glorious work other modders do.

If it looks good in game, it's good enough for me.

Alright got ya now! Using DDSopt right now. Only thing left for me to do is envmasks and environmental maps and then compress it once again with 7z.

Should I combine the Weapons with the shields in same pack or different?

I think keeping them as separate packs would be wiser.

Hello!

Best regards

Welcome klotim,

We have already been watching your mod with interest, I have merged your post into the existing thread, please search in future before starting new threads.

As far as your mod, we are currently looking at the Millenia Weapon Retexture Project  and the aMidianBorn Armor series so those are the competition.  We are very concerned with the size of your mod and although we haven't gotten to the point of analyzing it technically I would guess that you haven't optimized it to our standards.

We are not interested in simply making Skyrim look as awesome as possible, what we are looking for is making Skyrim look as awesome as possible in a lore friendly way that does not unduly decrease performance and remains consistent with all the other mods included in STEP.

Alright let me tell you then :)

First of all, This mod is supposed to be lore friendly, I just wanted the weapons to look like weapons and not plastic weapons that you used when you were 5 years old. 

I replace Bethesdas leather on the handles to a HD texture.

I'm also using different photos on different weapons. It turned out to look good and still look originally just that the steel sword actually looks like steel.

I have optional files tho, For those who want "bad-ass" Daedric weapons. However, That is under optional. There is also a optional crossbow texture.

Lore friendly it is and soon with smaller size indeed.

Compression with DDSopt and 7z on ultra compression made the 1.31 GB files turn into a 761 mb!

This is without ENVmasks