I think I need some help adding REGS on top of SR:LE

I was pretty confident rolling into this and I have to say that I have been humbled. I have a few questions on installing this REGS over top of SR:LE.

In the REGS guide under Expanded Towns and Cities, there are some confusing things going on. I cannot figure out which patches need to be installed. There are quite a few available in the installer, and there are two separate sets of instructions on how to do it. I figured following the main Explorer's guide page then using the the special instructions portion would work but no joy. I think that something is in there is messing up the RS Children merge that happens later in REGS as well. 

Speaking of the RS Children Part of the REGS install, I could really use some clarification on what needs to be done after an SR:LE install. One of the Enchanced Towns and Cities patches was not merging with the rest of the patches. Should people be completely re-doing the merge portion of RS Children that takes place during the SR:LE install? Are we remaking a specific patch for the REGS portion? If that is the case, wouldn't it make sense to tell the user to move all of the mods in the left pane of MO together during the REGS install and re-enable the .esp's? They will be disabled after a SR:LE install.

There are also added patches for Interesting NPC's and Inconsequential NPC's, and the part that say (in the current guide):

Files to be merged (in order):

RSChildren_CompleteUSKP.esp Patch - Falskaar - RS kids.esp atch - Wyrm - RS kids.esp Patch - Etac Complete - RS Kids.esp Patch - Inconsequential NPCs - RS Kids.esp Patch - Interesting NPCs - RS Kids.esp

This is so confusing. As a user, I would recommend something like:

Move the install folder for RS Children in the left pane of MO after Interesting NPC's, re-enable the .esp's in both RS Children Overhaul, and RS Children Patches. Install the Patches for Interesting NPC's and Inconsequential NPC's after the RS Children Patches. The original merged .esp that is made during the SR:LE install will be replaced by a new merged patch created from:

RSChildren_CompleteUSKP.esp

Patch - Falskaar - RS kids.esp

Patch - Wyrm - RS kids.esp

Patch - Etac Complete - RS Kids.esp

Patch - Inconsequential NPCs - RS Kids.esp

Patch - Interesting NPCs - RS Kids.esp

The output file will need to be removed from the overwrite folder and renamed "RSChildren_CompleteUSKP.esp" and added to an archive and added as a separate mod after the RS Children mods. Once this is added, deactivate the .esp's that were merged into the RSChildren_CompleteUSKP.esp, through the 'information' >'optional esp's' tabs.

Interestingly, the mods to be merged did not work as explained. There is apparently an entry that needs fixing manually in the without

The mods that are included in REGS are only sometimes mentioned if they are also installed in SR:LE. Wouldn't it be easier to just remove the mods that are also installed by REGS and simply re-install them with REGS set of instructions?

The Userlist.txt that is added at the end of the REGS guide is pretty clutch. Simply appending the changes into my userlist did not work, however. Especially since I had a bunch of extra ETAC stuff in the load order due to the confusing install instructions from earlier. Is there a more efficient way to add the BUM userlist rules into the guide? I would really prefer a mod-by-mod userlist manipulation guide in the spirit of Neo's guide. Each mod that has a userlist change is annotated next to the mod, makes it easier to integrate changes as one works.

Just some thoughts on my experiences today over the past couple of hours. Messed up my REGS profile, will probably start from scratch with REGS tomorrow. 

Hmm, I'll make a post and see if I can answer this but what you wrote is pretty long...

I think that something is in there is messing up the RS Children merge that happens later in REGS as well. 

when merging ANYTHING, rule #1 is check for errors because they will screw everything up.

I know that there is an ETaC patch located on an RS Children patch page that is out of date. I would use the one that is now included in MJB Patches download.

yes, you need to completely redo the merge. You can get away with not redoing the merge but there may be issues.

The list that you have is correct but there is one small thing that will mess everyone up, you must move any masters out of the group that you are aiming to merge. Which mean make sure that ETaC Complete.esp is above "RSChildren_CompleteUSKP.esp" rather than being in the middle of the group.

RSChildren_CompleteUSKP.esp
Patch - Falskaar - RS kids.esp
Patch - Wyrm - RS kids.esp
Patch - Etac Complete - RS Kids.esp
Patch - Inconsequential NPCs - RS Kids.esp
Patch - Interesting NPCs - RS Kids.esp

there is actually a guide around here somewhere. I think there are some points that are out of date but it can easily be updated.

EDIT: here is the guide... Is there anything that I missed?

EDIT 2: I tried to get some of the guide updated but I am not going to do any conflict resolution stuff, sorry.