Another No Start

whitefox25

Question

Hello,

I have tried my best to find a solution to my problem on these forums but haven't been able to i'm afraid.

I'm having a similar problem to others where my game wont start, mo begins to load then nothing happens. The only other mod I have installed on top of F and L is AWOP but I believe I've patched it properly.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

I had the same problem.  My only solution was to do a Clean Install of Windows.  (Win7Pro.x64)

I started a thread last November about it. https://forum.step-project.com/topic/3286-mo-and-nvse-crash/page-3

Suffice to say after many different ideas, a clean install was what solved my problem.  I thought it was the way MO Hooks into the game, but I didn't find a solution.

I started a Bug Tracker w/ Tannin, but so have a few people on the same issue.  (FNV works but not MO->FNV/4GB)

If you do find a solution without going the Clean Install route, please post it ::):

EDIT:

Here's a Quote from Celeras on 2nd pg. of my thread:

Edit: I figured out what was wrong with mine! Hopefully its the same problem you have. First, I restored the default profile back to original settings by deleting 'Mod Organizer/Profiles/Default' and restarting the program. It worked after that, but then I rearranged and activated all my mods again and it stopped working. At first, I thought it was a mod conflict of some sort but it was actually caused by put a tick next to any of the archives in MO. I don't know why, but it doesn't work with them ticked. So just don't tick any archives and hopefully it will work for you. If not, try deleting the entire profile as well.
Edited by AyleidRuin

Thanks for such a speedy reply.

EDIT:

Here's a Quote from Celeras on 2nd pg. of my thread:

Edit: I figured out what was wrong with mine! Hopefully its the same problem you have. First, I restored the default profile back to original settings by deleting 'Mod Organizer/Profiles/Default' and restarting the program. It worked after that, but then I rearranged and activated all my mods again and it stopped working. At first, I thought it was a mod conflict of some sort but it was actually caused by put a tick next to any of the archives in MO. I don't know why, but it doesn't work with them ticked. So just don't tick any archives and hopefully it will work for you. If not, try deleting the entire profile as well.

I unticked all the bsa's in the archive tab on MO and it ran but with no Main menu, task manager labelled the program as not responding. I think some has posted a similar problem previously. 

How many .bsa's do you have? This sounds like you have too many.

How would I find this out? Does the MO archive tab display them all? Ive extracted a few in an attempt to fix my problems, no luck

I've tried figuring out the BSA limit, but the behavior seems to depend on a few factors I can't figure out. Just go to the archives tab and right click->Extract. Then find the mod folder and extract the BSA. Remember to hide the BSA as well if it keeps a copy. Just do it one by one until the game starts. I currently have like 23 BSAs and if I add one more it will not work. I have a bunch of INI loaded BSAs though, so my setup is way different than most.

I have 133 active it's saying. 

I went through deactivating each mod and found that 'Advanced Recon Thermal Nightvision' hadnt been installed properly and 'Ambient Temperature' was causing problems because I stupidly downloaded the Nevada Skies patch that isnt up to date. 

Was able to then start and load a new game through 'Alternative Start' I chose to start outside of Doc Mitchell's house in Goodsprings and as soon as I took a few steps my Characters feet sink through the floor. Stuck slowly moving along. No clue what's causing that, I have the best of luck modding :)