Wars In Skyrim

whistlerxp

Thread Closed due to discontinuation of the mod.Will reopen if it ever resurfaces.
Ok, there is now "lore friendly version" of this mod, i'm currently testing it. Is there a chance for it to be included in further STEP Recomended mods? And what do yo guys thinking of it?

Ya i have been useing the lore friendly version since its release and so fer its very good and haven't run across any broken quests or game breaking bugs

I have done testing on a new game and a already started game level 32 and no problems yet

The latest version seems to be very easy on the system and doesn't add that much to the game as did previous versions. The lore version keeps in line with the vanilla feel of the game. I really felt no difference in game play.

I am personally not a fan of WIS. Perhaps a fully randomized, vastly toned down version would be nice. Just seems strange and unrealistic to come upon a cohort of spriggans battling a cohort of elemental wizards in the middle of the wilderness :P

The Lore Friendly version does add Heroes and Villains to the game. I ran into a villain last night and he felt out of place. Other than that, I have played with the new WIS for around 10 hours and have roamed the wilderness for a while and haven't noticed much out of the ordinary. I do see the occasional battle once in awhile and had a giant crab attack me last night.

Breaking News, War In Skyrim has been discontinued.

The author Alex, recently deleted his account including his mod and stated to me in a PM stating

"I no longer have the passion to continue modding. One of the main reasons I continued War in Skyrim was finish the project and move on. However, with my team leaving me, negative feedback from the community, and my passion of modding no longer present, I have decided to quit."

A sad day indeed for skyrim modders, we have truly lost a gem of a mod.

The author Alex, recently deleted his account including his mod and stated to me in a PM stating

"I no longer have the passion to continue modding. One of the main reasons I continued War in Skyrim was finish the project and move on. However, with my team leaving me, negative feedback from the community, and my passion of modding no longer present, I have decided to quit."

I can understand his sentiments, but if he had reached at least one stable release it's a shame he felt the neccessity to delete the download... a touch of the "it's my ball and I'm going home!".

I can understand his sentiments, but if he had reached at least one stable release it's a shame he felt the neccessity to delete the download... a touch of the "it's my ball and I'm going home!".

Agreed... seems to be suffering from Giskard syndrome, but removing the mod and not handing it off is beneath even that ailment.

Whether it was the right thing to do or not, to be fair, I can relate to how he feels. I've followed the comments on WIS off and on, and he was constantly getting bombarded by snide/hideous comments. There was even one case where a mod had to step in. With that much negativity for something you are trying your hardest to make right, I can't say I blame him.