UIO - User Interface Organizer mod for the Fallout 3 guide

Make sure to checck out GDSfan's guide for ideas about using it with FO3. I don't think it would be much different than FNV, but there is a weird thing that happened where I have to move DarnUI after installing a bunch of mods.

He has a thread about it in the MO - Fallout Support forum I believe. Also, I thought it wasn't doable with FOSE, so did it get an update?

Thanks; I'll look at GDSFan's thread. The Nexus description page says it is FOSE 1.2b2 based (the current version), and one of the posts says they successfully used UIO with MO. It does generate some files that go in the MO Overwrite folder and they need to be left there, so I'll have to change a few instructions in the guide that involve the overwrite folder.

Since UIO came out for FO3, Gopher has made some small changes to his FO3 mods presumably so they install more easily and can take advantage of UIO.

Ahh... you're talking about all the Advanced Recon stuff as well. Well then yeah, that is a bit more work. I feel for you.

I think I might get that Legacy installer and see how it goes with my FalloutNV install. All the HUD revamp mods work well but the extra stuff might not be as kind for me.

I did test installations of the UI mods using UIO and found that, once I understood how to use it, the mods all seem to be working properly. I didn't run into the problems that were discussed on the FNV guide threads - hopefully this will continue. I added UIO to the guide, and made the detailed instruction changes to the guide to support using UIO. I still have the version of the guide for Unified HUD if needed, but Gopher is recommending UIO.

As mentioned in the guide, if you have already installed the UI mods with Unified HUD it isn't necessary to redo the installation with UIO, at least until you want to make significant changes to the mods in the UI section.

I noticed that Gopher's "aHUD" mod was revised after the most recent release of UIO, and UIO now doesn't quite properly integrate "aHUD". I made some installation instruction changes in the Fallout 3 guide so that "aHUD" works properly with "UIO".