Expanded Towns and Cities

Besidilo

Is that ELFX patch needed with REGS? With all the patches and compatibility issues that come with ELFX - exteriors I might just trade it for LoS <.>

The interiors patch isn't needed. I don't really know about the exteriors part of ELFX.

SR:LE uses ELFX exteriors, is it adviced not to use use ELFX with REGS then? Was thinking since you provide conflict resolution between REGS and SR:LE they would be compatible? If not I'm dropping ELFX in favor of REGS and etac. I'm to busy with everything else in the game to notice where light comes from anyway.

SR:LE uses ELFX exteriors, is it adviced not to use use ELFX with REGS then? Was thinking since you provide conflict resolution between REGS and SR:LE they would be compatible? If not I'm dropping ELFX in favor of REGS and etac. I'm to busy with everything else in the game to notice where light comes from anyway.

My doubt exactly, but apparently Nearox uses both of them with no problem so there shouldn't be a problem... I'll check when I get home but I'm supposing ELFX no longer has a place in my load order :/

I honestly haven't done a full playthrough or seen all areas since installing SRLE + REGS. Last month was mainly testing cities and villages with REGS + USKPs. Most improtant thing is, you will not experience any crashes related to elfx with regs. Also there's a very low chance that you will encounter any bad looking lighting in either exteriors or interiors. As long as ELFX is loaded after the regs mods (i.e. do not touch elfx BOSS order position) it will overwrite what is important.

The only area which comes to midn that I haven't seen with ELFX + the mod form REGS, is Sky Haven Temple.

I'd say, just play the game and if you do encounter any lighting looking weird... Please report here. It is nigh impossible for CJ and I to go through all the lighting that ELFX adds, removes or alters. 99% of the time everything will work.

In the end, there aren't THAT many areas which have been altered by REGS. Our pack is more of an addition rather than an alteration. The only drawback is that you won't have ELFX lighting for the interiors of the new houses. But if you are using SRLE you will have ELE, and the imagespace changes by ELE have a big effect on how the interior lighting looks so you might not even notice :)

I honestly haven't done a full playthrough or seen all areas since installing SRLE + REGS. Last month was mainly testing cities and villages with REGS + USKPs. Most improtant thing is, you will not experience any crashes related to elfx with regs. Also there's a very low chance that you will encounter any bad looking lighting in either exteriors or interiors. As long as ELFX is loaded after the regs mods (i.e. do not touch elfx BOSS order position) it will overwrite what is important.The only area which comes to midn that I haven't seen with ELFX + the mod form REGS, is Sky Haven Temple.I'd say, just play the game and if you do encounter any lighting looking weird... Please report here. It is nigh impossible for CJ and I to go through all the lighting that ELFX adds, removes or alters. 99% of the time everything will work.In the end, there aren't THAT many areas which have been altered by REGS. Our pack is more of an addition rather than an alteration. The only drawback is that you won't have ELFX lighting for the interiors of the new houses. But if you are using SRLE you will have ELE, and the imagespace changes by ELE have a big effect on how the interior lighting looks so you might not even notice :)

If this mod is still being supported then an ELFX Patch is in progress (seems like a long time tbh). And apparently it is incompatible with NSUtR in Dawnstar/Morthal which is a shame. If the buildings are just moved a patch should be rather easy to make though.

No CTDs is pretty much what we want, the rest can be patched :p

I just installed this and so far I have run through Riverwood and Falkreath with nearly a vanilla Requiem. I'm running RLO with imaginator, and it looks great. Can't believe I missed this one up till now. I did drag a Spriggan through Falkreath, no CTD.

Edited by gollemodder

Imaginator? You want to kill your save?

Imaginator is reknown for bloating saves, I would not recommend using it.

Also, discussing the REGS version of this mod here seems a bit OT to me, so I'm gonna stop talking about it. :D

I'll just say that we've not got any news of Jenna in the last 2 months, and that includes some of her friends on the nexus who have her on IM software, so don't count much on official ELFX support for now.

Imaginator? You want to kill your save?Imaginator is reknown for bloating saves, I would not recommend using it.Also, discussing the REGS version of this mod here seems a bit OT to me, so I'm gonna stop talking about it. :DI'll just say that we've not got any news of Jenna in the last 2 months, and that includes some of her friends on the nexus who have her on IM software, so don't count much on official ELFX support for now.

I think that is tied in with using the imaginator helper spell and its scripts actually. I use the MCM that was made by another modder. There is a link to it in the imaginator posts. I don't have any side affects concerning save bloat as far as i can tell and I have been using it along with a pretty heavily modded STEP extended.

8.02 MB doesn't seem excessive for a save file to me. Anyway, off topic but I just posted what I was using with ETaV for the sake of testing. Its a good looking mod and I just found the key to Riverwoods abandoned mine...

The mine seems to be more of a house mod type thing, was hoping maybe a side quest of sort, not really interested in that very much.

Edited by gollemodder

• 1 month later...

I just downloaded ETaC today, and I love it. I was looking for a Riverwood smelter, and obviously exceeded the mission parameter, but I'm thrilled with the result. The number of files/patches was a bit of a concern initially, but the pdf install guide made it straight forward and easy to understand. All things considered, definitely worthwhile, the additions really feel like they belong.

ETaC is the core of my game, with mods that add NPC's it really makes Skyrim seem closer to real and not a façade.

I've been using the complete No Inns version...TBH, I would have used the Inns except that some firepits were moved to the side of the Inn and that completely ruined it for me...those big firepits would have to be centered and not parallel to a wood timbered wall...I also like my inn interiors to be smoky and sooty...as they would be in real life.

• 1 month later...

You're missing out! If you haven't tried the new ETaC 11.x yet you should do so it is massively better than any version before it (can really see CJ's influence there) plus all the new buildings added can be configured via the installer to use 100% vanilla textures for consistency. 

So is it safe to install this mod mid-playthrough? If so, would I need to do a cell reset prior to the installation?

I have added ETaC into previous games for testing purposes, but to do the mod and yourself justice, you should have it all in place in a new game.

I now use the complete version, MJB and her "crew" have done so many tweaks and improvements with ETaC that the very short list of stuff I use to hold against it have all but evaporated. The mod is highly configurable, and compatibility with other mods is amazing.

I once disabled ETaC in my modlist by accident and was horrified how poor, boring and generally lacking all those towns were.

If there are still people who didn't try, do it! At least on a temporary game. You will probably be shocked. The difference is night and day.