Can someone test?

stepstep

Question

I get a CTD on exit of Oblivion after cleaning Knights.esp with TES4Edit, can anyone see if they have the same issue?

Game seems to run alright, but closing Oblivion causes an windows error reported and a force exit.

I went through each DLC/ESP and cleaned them and narrowed it down to Knights.esp causing the problem.

Is it reproducable on anyone elses end?

5 answers to this question

oh, what causes it... I cant remember

Are you using MO

I am using MO.

Here what I've tested.

MO, no tes4edit = fine.

MO, tes4edit NO UDR only ITM = fine

MO, tes4edit = bad.

No mo, tes4edit = bad.

No mo, No tes4edit = fine.

Only on Knights.esp being edited.

gimme one sec, you sparked another test theory. ill open tes4edit without mo before editing it....

no that did nothing. It seems removing the UDR's in knights.esp is causing it to crash regardless.

Edit: what is the injection warning on tes4edit when loading knights.esp?

Edited by stepstep

I just restored my copy of the vanilla Knights.esp and then cleaned it again via MO and no CTD for me.

There was one message that I don't recall seeing before though, but the game itself starts and runs without hiccup.

The message is:

[Undeleting and Disabling References done]  Processed Records: 9761, Undeleted Records: 255, Elapsed Time: 00:00
<Warning: Plugin contains 2 deleted references which can not be undeleted>

Are you using version 3.0.33?

oh, its archive invalidation... the one that is bundled with MO doesn't work, at least in my experience I would grab the one from TesModManager. 

I use that one because I dont support MO in my guide and when I was using MO that Archive Invalidation was one of the main issues but the one DLC that it affected was Orrey or something rather.