Holy speculation Batman!

Is Hearthfire Skyrim's Next Zombie-Filled DLC?  Discuss.  

Personally I think it's a bit cliche for modern DLC, and given how much undead related content there is in the game and Dawnguard, they'd have to do something really special to make it stand out.  Assuming this manifests itself, what ever happened to "they'll be more like expansion packs"?  I haven't played Dawnguard yet but from videos and UESP it seems to have fallen perfectly into the category of DLC, not an expansion.  Also assuming this is true, I don't appreciate Bethesda tossing out $20 DLCs every two months, especially when they're not extraordinarily unique.

Dawnguard isn't great but it's better than all the terrible stuff we got for Oblivion. I'd say it fits somewhere between a full expansion and DLC, one of the new areas they added was really beautiful. I wish there were a few more large side quests in it though, most are just mini quests.

I'd like to see something that is average in size, but then also adds in some expansions to the really short guild questlines.

There is a very interesting thread over at the beth forums about the cut content hidden by scripted events that don't exist or commented out, like the civil war quests going on in every hold. There is even some dialog hidden in there too, one mod uses it, Legionettes. Decent little mod to add so ladies to the legion and pro-imperial hold guards.

CK is not very efficient at digging but it's all we have at the moment. Think about shopping at a super walmart with several million products on the shelves and you have to go down every aisle and look at every single one before you know if its what you want or not.

Then there are the resources that that content is based on, those are just files in an archive.  But you'll need to unarchive them and find a way to open each one and view/edit it properly and I haven't done much legwork on that end of the problem.

You know, I would go ahead and pay 20$ for DLC...if they were using the DLC to add some really compelling quests with significant choices and impact.  The only real choice you get in vanilla Skyrim is the Civil War, and the only major repercussion is mostly cosmetic.