#166 stoppingby4now

stoppingby4now

Sleepy

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,419 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 03:24 PM

That just totally confused me.

First off, there are no multiple instance templates. This isn't a form.

You were attempting to query in the secondary template for OrderID which you will never get because it isn't associated with a Mod page. It is associated with all of the subobjects on the ModList page for the version of STEP you are querying, but the query doesn't pass that in (mainlabel=-). It is available to you in the primary query of the subojects by requesting it:

|?OrderId

A template format for a query is only necessary for one of two things (or both):

1. Formatting results in a custom manner that isn't provided by SMW
  2. Chaining queries for additional information on related pages, as you can't place a query inside a query

As for querying of subobjects versus properties, they are mostly the same. All properties are tied to a Wiki page (not templates), so you are requesting pages that match the query conditions, and then proceed to ask for Properties that exist on those resultant pages. Subobjects are slightly different as they reference the page in which they are used, so it's a reverse mapping. When asking for mods in a STEP version, the query condition is the subobject-property "Version", which returns the sub-object, which is mapped to the ModList page, and since each suboject has a unique ID (random ID which we care nothing about), you get all subobjects back instead of the actual page. No template is required for either scenario to get at the data. The only time you need a template is for the 2 reasons above.

Instead of having the if parser function couldn't you do this or no...
{{#ask:[[Concept:ModsInSTEP]] [[Property:IsCore]]

No, that won't work because the data isn't in the suboject which is what is being queried. The purpose of the subobjects for the STEP installation order is to record the Mod and it's order. Any additional information can then be queried from the Mod page itself using a template format. It is also always better to use {{#show}} when needing access to a single property in downstream queries.

#167 z929669

z929669

Ixian Inventor

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,082 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 05:20 PM

I will have to read your last post again when I have more time.

I mentioned MI-templates, because the ExternalURL property is contained in a MIT, according to the DD ... but you are saying that MITs are mechanized within the Form and not the Template, right?

#168 stoppingby4now

stoppingby4now

Sleepy

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,419 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 07:28 PM

The DD is referencing Forms and the templates they use, so the notes regarding multiple instance templates are to the fact that they are used in the Form that way.

The queries using a template format are calling the specified template for each row of returned data, so I guess you could refer to it that way. Semantic Forms uses that term to specify that a template can be called multiple times in a page. I don't consider it the same because the templates for a query aren't individual calls on a page directly, so avoid it's use in the context of queries to prevent confusion.

#169 hishutup

hishutup

Daedric Prince

• VIP-Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,680 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 03:09 PM

Any eta on the Dev server?

#170 hishutup

hishutup

Daedric Prince

• VIP-Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,680 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 06:34 AM

Bumping for visibility

#171 stoppingby4now

stoppingby4now

Sleepy

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,419 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 10:49 PM

No ETA.

#172 hishutup

hishutup

Daedric Prince

• VIP-Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,680 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 06:39 PM

hmm, I took a look at the virtual environment and I am completely lost.

Do either of you happen to have a virtual drive that you could share with me?

#173 z929669

z929669

Ixian Inventor

• Administrator
  • 7,082 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 05:41 PM

Use a Droplet on DigitalOcean?

#174 hishutup

hishutup

Daedric Prince

• VIP-Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,680 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 05:07 PM

I mean something that runs in VM.

I figured one of you two had a VM to share.

#175 stoppingby4now

stoppingby4now

Sleepy

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,419 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 11:22 AM

I don't have a generic VM to share, and even if I created one it would be around 2GB. Not easy to share. It would be far easier for you to install CentOS in a VM and install Apache/PHP/MySQL for an environment. It would be easier for you to download a pre-made image with a LAMP stack installed such as this one.

#176 z929669

z929669

Ixian Inventor

• Administrator
  • 7,082 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 11:27 AM

@hishutup

You seem technically proficient ... setting up a VM is really very simple. Create a VM with VirtualBox and install CentOS. It is configuring the server that is more challenging.

As s4n says though, there should be many images fully configured with Mediawiki on Linux that you can use. It does not really matter what Linux flavor and stack you use, as you are interested in MW dev, which will not care. If you were testing primarily for software compatibility, that would be different, but s4n has that covered (and I as his backup).

On the other hand, getting the dev wiki up and running would be a big win in the short term, and it should be relatively simple to implement :whistling: ... unless s4n is wanting to implement memcached and other software upgrades first, which is probably the case.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users