Mod Organizer Warnings?

singdavion

Question

13 answers to this question

Easiest way to keep the STEP order is just to ignore that warning. The STEP guys have tested their suggested order and there's no issues with it as is.

You'll note that the warning isn't pertaining to the actual ESP load order, but the install order in the left pane.

This is something I've also been confused by. Is the install order in the Step guide also the order they recommend you have the left pane in? Loot sorts the right pane plugins but I'm confused as to what order to have the left pane in.

I appreciate your quick response! I understand the warning messages as well as how conflicts are handled in MO, what the STEP guide does not clarify to me is what exactly it recommends as the order recommended by STEP within the left pane. Is the recommendation that the left pane should be ordered such that it reflects the install guide order and that one should then ignore the warnings as this order has already been extensively tested and deemed stable? Thanks!

The order in the left pane should be the order that the mods are presented in the guide on the page, essentially. Just follow the order laid out on the STEP 2.2.9 page and that's what STEP suggests.

So yes, left pane = install guide order to give the quick answer. You can drag and drop stuff to get it in such order if needed.

If you're adding mods above and beyond, that aren't in STEP, I tend to drop them in the same basic area as other similar mods and then work from there if needed.

Ok, with you now. The code that MO uses to offer those suggestions is still a very early beta and as such it will get things wrong.

Humans are much better at arranging those things when variables aren't known at the outset, so when in doubt follow STEP suggestions.

What I have found with the warning messages is it is usually the last mod installed or moved that sets the warning and if that mod is moved the others usually fall into place. So try manually moving just the last, or last couple, mod(s) in that list to a new place and see what changes take place.

The code produces circular references so it 'thinks' all the other mods need attention because one sets a flag that causes another to set a flag, etc.

You can, though not recommended by me, change this in the 'Settings' -- 'Workaround' and change the 'Basic diagnosis plugin' -- 'check_modorder' to false.

Ninja'd by Nozzer66

Edited by GrantSP

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this before, but that can be turned off in the Plugins tab under Basic diagnosis plugin. Setting "check_modorder" to false will quiet the warning. Might be the kind of thing to go it in the guide at the beginning configuration.