Bellyache's Dragons by Bellyache
This mod has been added to the STEP Compilation.
A brand new mod that has been released as a separate download, and one I feel definitely needs to be introduced into S.T.E.P.
I "worked" with Bellyache/Wrig on retouching the HD DLC textures of the 7 dragon types in Skyrim, and the end result is in my opinion better than any vanilla dragon texture replacer out there.. We fixed many things including...
- Poor coloring. Colors look slightly more natural & less desaturated than before, remaining very true to there HD DLC textures. Many horns/spines were poorly colored, or completely the wrong color.
- Fixed/reduces many seam issues as much as possible.
- Removed/lessened "Glossy" look on some dragons, which was causing more seam issues.
- Odahviing was F^&*ing awfully textured.. He was missing an eye texture, his color was awful, and some other minor details
- Alduin looks a little darker and is mostly grey-scale, enhancing his stylized theme that was inspired from volcanic rock/glass
- Increased resolution of the translucent file for the various dragon wings. (the original one caused the wing membranes to look extremely pixilated & low res), creating exponentially higher detail within the wing membranes
- Fixes to the textures that are known/unknown.
- Created a actual HD texture for the Ancient Dragon, which did not have a HD texture at all... Technically it's a hybrid of the Elder Dragon texture with the Ancient Dragon texture layered on top of it.. The only way you can really tell this is there is that the "orange" coloring on the ancient dragon now has a coppery tinge to it.. Which makes some small degree of sense I suppose.
- Well technically she fixed them, I just hyper analyzed everything and pointed out any/all flaws and things that could be improved. Anyways, the point I'm trying to drive home is that the end result looks better than any existing dragon re-texture mod that is currently on the Nexus, all while keeping the same resolution as the HD DLC.
P.S. There are plans to get a 100% lore friendly version of D.D. out soon. Read the article on the page if you're interested in what's in store.