Bellyaches HD Dragon Replacer Pack (by Bellyache)

I2edShift

Discussion thread:
Bellyache's Dragons by Bellyache
Wiki Link

A brand new mod that has been released as a separate download, and one I feel definitely needs to be introduced into S.T.E.P.

https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/29631

I "worked" with Bellyache/Wrig on retouching the HD DLC textures of the 7 dragon types in Skyrim, and the end result is in my opinion better than any vanilla dragon texture replacer out there.. We fixed many things including...
  • Poor coloring. Colors look slightly more natural & less desaturated than before, remaining very true to there HD DLC textures. Many horns/spines were poorly colored, or completely the wrong color.
  • Fixed/reduces many seam issues as much as possible.
  • Removed/lessened "Glossy" look on some dragons, which was causing more seam issues.
  • Odahviing was F^&*ing awfully textured.. He was missing an eye texture, his color was awful, and some other minor details
  • Alduin looks a little darker and is mostly grey-scale, enhancing his stylized theme that was inspired from volcanic rock/glass
  • Increased resolution of the translucent file for the various dragon wings. (the original one caused the wing membranes to look extremely pixilated & low res), creating exponentially higher detail within the wing membranes
  • Fixes to the textures that are known/unknown.
  • Created a actual HD texture for the Ancient Dragon, which did not have a HD texture at all... Technically it's a hybrid of the Elder Dragon texture with the Ancient Dragon texture layered on top of it.. The only way you can really tell this is there is that the "orange" coloring on the ancient dragon now has a coppery tinge to it.. Which makes some small degree of sense I suppose.
  • Well technically she fixed them, I just hyper analyzed everything and pointed out any/all flaws and things that could be improved. Anyways, the point I'm trying to drive home is that the end result looks better than any existing dragon re-texture mod that is currently on the Nexus, all while keeping the same resolution as the HD DLC.

I will try to upload screenshots when I get the chance., but I implore each and every one of you to take a look. The largest differences are in Odahviing and the Blood Dragon.

P.S. There are plans to get a 100% lore friendly version of D.D. out soon. Read the article on the page if you're interested in what's in store.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome. I knew she was working on this. I was using the 8k x 4k resolution textures from Ultra High Definition Enhanced Vanilla Dragons' date=' but it's doomed to remain incomplete.[/quote']

With all due respect to that author... These textures look much better, while being maybe 1/4 of the resolution of that package.

yep...looks promising...downloaded. a close look later ,in game.

about Ultra High Definition Enhanced Vanilla Dragons.... 8k is an abominious against optimization :) ,noone should use such size,4096X4096 or 4096X2048 is already a lot .. i used 4k for NV and fo3 power armors... because basically PA are complete as they are... i mean ...there are no gloves boots and so... a 4k fallout armor uses the same vram as a complete hi res dlc set for skyrim (with boots gloves and shields when there's a shield).

for a dragon 2048 px of very good texture should be even enough...or 4096 of good texture...just a particular treatment for Alduin.

about the screens you added I2edShift (nice to meet you also here :) ) specularity seems a bit hight...some glossiness in other words but it is also full day... i have to see ingame before say any Bulls***t.

I very much like this mod so far. I actually thought many of the deadly dragon textures I used in the past were not actually that lore friendly. Some were great but some were just over the top for me. Obviously, the quality of Bellyache's are better as well. /cheers

yep...looks promising...downloaded. a close look later ,in game.

about Ultra High Definition Enhanced Vanilla Dragons.... 8k is an abominious against optimization :) ,noone should use such size,4096X4096 or 4096X2048 is already a lot .. i used 4k for NV and fo3 power armors... because basically PA are complete as they are... i mean ...there are no gloves boots and so... a 4k fallout armor uses the same vram as a complete hi res dlc set for skyrim (with boots gloves and shields when there's a shield).

for a dragon 2048 px of very good texture should be even enough...or 4096 of good texture...just a particular treatment for Alduin.

about the screens you added I2edShift (nice to meet you also here :) ) specularity seems a bit hight...some glossiness in other words but it is also full day... i have to see ingame before say any Bulls***t.

Spectacularity in those textures is indeed high, but it is not the textures fault, but the current beta release of RCRN, which sometimes has issues with bloom I've noticed, especially on white textures.. The screenshots were taken in about as bright a day as you can get as well, except for the Ohdahving picture.

• 2 weeks later...