#1 hardtroll

hardtroll

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 04:54 AM

Hi there, 

I am not an expert in modding at all, but I would like to follow STEP, and some GEMS mod to have a full modded Skyrim.

I am french and I will try to do my best to write in a proper bloodyhellwhatthe**** english.

My first problem remains at the ENBoost step (after Stable uGridsToLoad installation). SKSE from Mod orginiser cannot launch skyrim anymore, it result to a CTD !

When I remove d3d9.dll, enbhost.exe, and enblocal.ini form my skyrim folder, I can launch via SKSE in mod orginiser and play again.

I have try to change enblocal.ini VideoMemorySizeMb=XXXX from 10240 to 5120, but it is same.

Have someone an idea about that ?

My system  i5-4590, 8 gb ram, and gtx 970

skyrim.ini : (trough Mod orginiser of course )

Enblocal.ini:

Thanks !!!!

#2 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,975 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 12:23 PM

I've never heard of ENBoost interfering with SKSE. Make sure both are set up properly and the files are in the proper directories.

https://wiki.step-pr...Recommendations

https://wiki.step-pr...Recommendations

#3 hardtroll

hardtroll

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 12:57 PM

thank you for this reply !

I was just saying I was launching skyrim trough SKSE, wich is just the normal way. I don't think it is the problem.

Of course, I follow all STEP's step, watch videos too, and enboost still crash the game at launch (three times reinstalling skyrim after trying many things !)

They are in the skyrim directory both (not the data one).

Notice that the PC is new (1 week), and nothing installed  in !

I googled a lot for this problem but I still don't understand...

#4 Hyronimo

Hyronimo

Prisoner

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 01:09 PM

Hello community,

unfortunately I seem to have the very same problem. I have worked through the S.T.E.P. guide (V 2.2.9) until right after 2.E. When starting TES5 via MO (using SKSE as starting executable) the program simply does not start.
Curiously when starting TES5 via MO (using Skyrim Launcher as starting executable) Windows tells me, that the program crashed.

My AMD CCC was configured as stated within the guide; currently I'm trying to reinstall its drivers.

Below I've attached my config files.

Thanks,
-me

PC specs:

skyrim.ini

skyrimprefs.ini

enblocal.ini

#5 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,975 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 01:09 PM

This might be card related. Some users have reported some issues with the latest GTX 9xx cards with Skyrim and ENBSeries. If everything is set up properly, I would try to use the Injector version rather than the Wrapper version to see if that fixes your issues.

#6 Hyronimo

Hyronimo

Prisoner

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 01:13 PM

Updated files below...

sorry for 2nd post

Attached Files

Edited by Hyronimo, 17 January 2015 - 02:03 PM.

#7 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • 12,975 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 01:15 PM

Make sure you are both running the latest version of MO as well. I'll need to see some picture of how your SKSE executable is set up in MO for me to be much more help. Also, make sure you have install SKSE in MO as well since the scripts and INI file will need to be placed in the Data folder.

#8 Hyronimo

Hyronimo

Prisoner

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 01:25 PM

Make sure you are both running the latest version of MO as well. I'll need to see some picture of how your SKSE executable is set up in MO for me to be much more help. Also, make sure you have install SKSE in MO as well since the scripts and INI file will need to be placed in the Data folder.

1st of all: thanks for the fast reply!

2ndly:

- I've installed MO 1.2.17 (currently on Nexus)

- attached you'll find a screencap of my SKSE setup within MO

- I have additionally a mod installed named "SKSEdata". Its mod-folder (accessible via right-click -> "open in explorer") is attached as well.

Edit: As I understand it, TES5 loads via SKSE when ENBoost is not installed?!

Attached Files

Edited by Hyronimo, 17 January 2015 - 01:27 PM.

#9 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • 12,975 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 01:35 PM

Regardless if ENBoost is installed or not, you launch Skyrim using the SKSE executable. Always!

@Hyronimo,

You're setup of SKSE looks to be okay. The next thing to investigate would be your installation of ENBoost to make sure it's properly installed and set up.

https://wiki.step-pr...d_Configuration

#10 Hyronimo

Hyronimo

Prisoner

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 01:58 PM

Hi again,

I've gone through the ENBoost Installation (https://wiki.step-pr...d_Configuration). And it seems okay; using wrapper version of enbseries_skyrim_v0265.

I did include the FPS-limiter and Windowed Mode.

BTW: someone is editin the ENBoost-Wiki-Page at the moment.

Attached Files

#11 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • 12,975 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 02:03 PM

Yeah, Z (admin) is doing some editing for some reason. Can you show a pic of your skyrim directory?

#12 Hyronimo

Hyronimo

Prisoner

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 02:15 PM

I just tried to use the injector version.

Skyrim starts via MO (using SKSE) perfectly.

How do I test if ENBoost is running correctly?

Edit:

I did no changes to enbinjector.ini.

Edit2:

forgot screencap

Attached Files

Edited by Hyronimo, 17 January 2015 - 02:17 PM.

#13 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • 12,975 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 02:17 PM

If the Injector version is working perfectly for you, then simply just use it. There's no difference in-game between the Wrapper and Injector versions.

#14 Hyronimo

Hyronimo

Prisoner

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 02:20 PM

If the Injector version is working perfectly for you, then simply just use it. There's no difference in-game between the Wrapper and Injector versions.

Okay, but how to know if ENBoost is running. I'm asking, because "Shift+Enter" does not pop up the ENB GUI. Nor does "Shift+*" show my current FPS.

Yet, I assume that these are disabled when using ENBoost instead of ENB?

#15 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • 12,975 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 02:31 PM

Yes, you will not get any graphical modification with ENBoost. You'll know it's working when you see the ENB messages displaying at the menu. You can also Alt+Tab out once you're game has loaded and open Task Manager. You'll see "enbhost.exe" running in the processes when ENBoost is working.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: enboost

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users