#301 Mator

Mator

Jarl

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 07:53 PM

In ..

Matorsmash \ Settings \ Skyrim \ Skyrim-SmashAllUpdate.zip <- I think this file is not required (it contains Smash.All.JSON, and Smash.ForceAll.JSON which have the same timestamp as the loose ones in the same folder)

Ah, I accidentally packed that with the release archive.  Thanks for pointing that out.

RE: color of active profile - I can make it a big more saturated, for sure.  Does this look better?

Aau5h.png

#302 alt3rn1ty

alt3rn1ty

Thane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 03:41 AM

Yes that would be better, but have a look at Coblis

Use the "Choose file" button, then try the different eyesight types, monochromacy is the worst case scenario. Shapes and contrast help.

If the selected profile can be distinguished for all of those cases, you have cracked it ..

TkwAXm6.png

For all the "Wrye Bash Pictorial Guide" images, I found after a lot of research the following palette was good for a few colour blind people who helped me test it (there are a surprising amount of people in our communities that have varying degrees of red / green colour blindness)

s8MsNhi.jpg

(Its also not so harsh for normal sight, some colour blind friendly palettes can be horrible)

In use for monochromatics (and red blind protonopia) dont use the third and fourth colours adjacent to each other ..

b5V9aeS.png

gQuj9qt.png

But there are more palette choices which contrast well enough ..

A50nELa.jpg

c7QzY1Y.jpg

Shapes can also give more help to present choices, this image needed shapes for the selection key, contrasting colours would not have worked too well with a limited palette.

Waruddar from the old Wrye Bash team (CBash programmer) was rg colour blind

Anyway I am rabbling .. Feel free to use anything from the above, my research was done for the community and meant to be used by anyone (now buried somewhere on the old Bethesda forum).

Edited by alt3rn1ty, 26 April 2018 - 04:55 AM.

#303 Mator

Mator

Jarl

• Mod Authors
  • 614 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 09:42 PM

I think I may just move colors out into a configuration file or something, because making everything colorblind friendly is likely to make it ugly for everyone else.

#304 Mator

Mator

Jarl

• Mod Authors
  • 614 posts

Posted 01 May 2018 - 04:45 PM

Mator Smash is now available on Nexus Mods. 

Nexus Mods Mod Page

#305 Razorsedge877

Razorsedge877

Jarl

• Members
  • 771 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 08:55 AM

... just throwing it out there that there's a semi insane but glad to be helpful video creator out there who will be happy to create certain things for certain topics if certain people ever want them at certain times. Generally he needs certain things to be taught to him like he's a child because this certain person takes a while to grasp things lol but ... he really does like being helpful = ) 

(GP has graduated from having issues to full blown subscriptions)

I would like to see you update the intro video to the newly released version, than do single segment videos (single segments can be updated easier if needed than long videos covering multiple subjects) such as using merged plugins alongside Mator Smash, How to compare the Smash Patch in TESEdit5 and how to tell if Mator Smash may have missed forwarding records, ect. I feel the more topics you can cover with this tool the better and they should range anywhere from novice to advanced. 

‚ÄčOn a side note you have the best tutorials out there in my opinion. I would love to see you do a series on building conflict resolution patches starting with the basics and working your way up to more advanced builds.

#306 GamerPoets

GamerPoets

Jarl

• Contributors
  • 710 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 06:28 PM

The thing that needs to be kept in mind when I create tutorials is that every minute of view-able content takes me 2 to 4 hours of my life to learn(research/question/test)and create(text,voice,gather footage,edit)... so even shorter tutorials need a lot of time spent thinking them out (and in many cases more time... if I'm going to create an entire series on one topic I need to write out all of the videos a head of time to make sure I'm not repeating myself except where necessary and not finding something out by the time I create video 5 that should have been a part of video 1 and now cause a remake of an entire set of videos)  . Conflict resolution is something that I'm learning how to present now in a different form. Since Smash will ultimately become a part of zEdit (as well as merge plugins) any content that I create for those programs today will be obsolete when zEdit incorporates then and Mator cause it official (this is also why I didn't dive deeper into Smash after that first video... time) = ) I have to pick and choose my battles and make sure that whatever I create can "live" as long as possible before it becomes obsolete. 

#307 haseoXtheXscion

haseoXtheXscion

Prisoner

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 05:00 AM

Is there not supposed to be a merge option in the most recent version? Or did I somehow install it wrong somehow? Using MO2 by the way.

Attached File  Smash.png   208.95KB   2 downloads

#308 Mator

Mator

Jarl

• Mod Authors
  • 614 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 05:10 AM

Is there not supposed to be a merge option in the most recent version? Or did I somehow install it wrong somehow? Using MO2 by the way.

See the changelog in the OP or the FAQ section on the Nexus Mods mod page.

#309 Kneph13

Kneph13

Jarl

• Members
  • 544 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 04:44 PM

I just noticed I am getting the following Smash fails when generating the Smash Patch.  The Smash Patch does complete however.  I am using Smash through MO2 and with DarkladyLexy's SRLE Extended LotD SSE

Fails[0]: Exception smashing record: MUSCombatBoss03CG [MUST:00000F7E] : Access violation at address 008874C6 in module 'MatorSmash.exe'. Read of address 00000000
Fails[1]: Exception smashing record: [COBJ:3E02393D] : Access violation at address 008874C6 in module 'MatorSmash.exe'. Read of address 00000000
Fails[2]: Exception smashing record: [COBJ:3E02393E] : Access violation at address 008874C6 in module 'MatorSmash.exe'. Read of address 00000000
Fails[3]: Exception smashing record: [COBJ:3E02393F] : Access violation at address 008874C6 in module 'MatorSmash.exe'. Read of address 00000000

Fail 0 is apparently from Smash not being able to forward BSHeartland.esm changes into the Smash Patch.  I was able to do this in SSE Edit.

Fails 1-3 are referencing Immersive Armors Daedric Lord Boots, Cuirass, and Gauntlets.  3E however is Ordinator in my load order and those Form/Reference IDs do not exist.  Immersive Armors is 3F and the Daedric Lord Boots, Cuirass and Gauntlets have Form/Reference IDs of 3F02393A, B and C. 

I have also run the Great Equalizer (included in the guide) and the Pre-Smash Patch includes the Great Equalizers changes as overrides over Immersive Armors and Morrowloot Ultimates record changes.

Is this a load order issue or something else and can I correct it?  It won't let me attach the Smash Log.  I zipped it but it says it is too large.  Here are the sections where the errors occur:

Smash Log

Edited by Kneph13, 05 June 2018 - 04:55 PM.

#310 Mator

Mator

Jarl

• Mod Authors
  • 614 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 08:20 PM

I'll look into this Kneph, thanks for the report.  For now you can just ignore the failures/forward things manually (you can use your own plugin asides from the smashed patch so you don't have to repeat the edits every time you regenerate the smashed patch).

I've deleted your post on the other thread (try not to create duplication like that please!).

- Mator

#311 Kneph13

Kneph13

Jarl

• Members
  • 544 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 08:44 PM

I'll look into this Kneph, thanks for the report.  For now you can just ignore the failures/forward things manually (you can use your own plugin asides from the smashed patch so you don't have to repeat the edits every time you regenerate the smashed patch).

I've deleted your post on the other thread (try not to create duplication like that please!).

- Mator

Sorry about that, that was an error on my part, wrong thread and when I realized it it was too late.

#312 mentaltyranny

mentaltyranny

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 16 June 2018 - 06:02 PM

Not exactly sure where to report this, I am using Mator Smash 1.0.2, and the smash.all setting failed to carry through BODT - Body Template data on ArmorElvenGildedCuirass "Elven Gilded Armor" [ARMO:0001392A].  The only change I made to the smash.all setting is that I linked Object Bounds to Model, which honestly I feel you should do as default (as if the model changes, obviously the object bounds would be different).  Interestingly, this appears to be the only record where this occurs (the other armor records in Smash Patch have Body Template data).  Mator Smash was only dealing with 3 mods for this record, Skyrim.sm, UnlimitedBookshelves.esp, and Clothing & Clutter Fixes.esp.  Here is a pic:

MS_Bug_001.png

Sorry regarding the size, I can't figure out the optimal image size for display here!

Additionally, has anybody figured out good smash settings for Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp, Cutting Room Floor.esp, CollegeOfWinterholdImmersive.esp, Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul.esp, and Weapon and Armor Fixes_Remade?  Mator smash doesn't grab everything out of USLEEP and I can't figure out the settings to make the program treat any change that WAFR makes as paramount.  I am thinking I need to make a whole new setting for WAFR, but don't know where to start...

#313 kabepo

kabepo

Citizen

• Contributors
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 16 June 2018 - 10:35 PM

I have seen BODT errors myself, and needed to manually patch the record.

The BODT problem is a know bug (or "issue") in Mator Smash.

https://github.com/m...mash/issues/166

For USLEEP what I do is :

1. For mods which are older than USLEEP, or have not been updated for USLEEP, I manually propagate the USLEEP changes into the mod.

2. Set USLEEP as a master for the mod - this lets Mator Smash know that you don't want to merge USLEEP changes with the mod, you want the mod to overwrite USLEEP and win the conflicts.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users