Enhanced Blood Textures, lots of Papyrus log errors

thisisbleep

Question

I have just played from the start of the game (enter the tower when making the escape) up until just past Riverwood, to see if there are any major issues with the installed mods and to check the papyrus log.

I have attached the papyrus log and I will go through it myself properly tomorrow, but a quick check found quite a few errors/warnings. The big thing which jumps out is the number of Enhanced Blood Texture script errors (see below for a small extract of the papyrus log), should they be present? I am running STEP Extended, plus a few additional mods (see modlist and load order files attached).

I did not experience any visual bugs or crashes, but it does worry me that it will be unstable later.

[ (0005CEEF)].Actor.PlayImpactEffect() - "<native>" Line ?
[None].zbloodnpc.blooddropsDead() - "zBloodNPC.psc" Line 594
[None].zbloodnpc.OnDying() - "zBloodNPC.psc" Line 385
[01/23/2015 - 12:17:37AM] Error: Cannot call GetValueInt() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
[None].zbloodnpc.OnDying() - "zBloodNPC.psc" Line 213
[01/23/2015 - 12:17:37AM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp20"
stack:
[None].zbloodnpc.OnDying() - "zBloodNPC.psc" Line 213
[01/23/2015 - 12:17:37AM] Error:  (0005CEEF): cannot play a None impact effect.
stack:
[None].zbloodnpc.blooddropsDead() - "zBloodNPC.psc" Line 594
[01/23/2015 - 12:17:37AM] Error: Cannot call GetValueInt() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
[None].zbloodnpc.OnDying() - "zBloodNPC.psc" Line 314
[01/23/2015 - 12:17:37AM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp20"
stack:
[None].zbloodnpc.OnDying() - "zBloodNPC.psc" Line 314
[01/23/2015 - 12:17:37AM] Error:  (0005CEEF): cannot play a None impact effect.
stack:
[None].zbloodnpc.blooddropsDead() - "zBloodNPC.psc" Line 597
[01/23/2015 - 12:17:38AM] Error: Cannot call GetValueInt() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
[None].zbloodnpc.OnDying() - "zBloodNPC.psc" Line 324
[01/23/2015 - 12:17:38AM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp20"

Non-STEP mods:

- Achieve That

- Barenziah Quest Markers

- DLC Shrines for Hearthfire Homes

- Filled Pots

- Fix for Combat Music

- Glowing Ore Veins 300

- Interesting NPCs

- Lowered Hands

- Multiple Floors Sandboxing (Bashed patch merged the ESP)

- No Menu and Loading Screen smoke

- Respectful Lydia

- Skyrim Peasant fashion

- Vendor Sale Delay Gone

-----

I honestly think the EBT effect is too much with massive amounts of blood splatter and bright red blood (I am not squeamish, just think that it is over the top and immersion breaking). Are there any other STEP compatible blood texture mods which are less script heavy and also not as over the top?

papyrus log.txt

loadorder.txt

modlist.txt

3 answers to this question

Those errors are harmless. For papyrus logging to worth while, you would need to add debugging code. Most, if not all released mods do not include the debugging code.

The general rule is turn it off.

There is a good line that I want to quote from Apollo but I forget where it is located.

Have a look through some of the optional files for EBT. There's some for smaller wounds and less spray. Might suit your wishes a bit better.

I installed the mod again and selected the reducted blood and wounds, it is now better, but I would not care if it was entirely disabled.

I tried to disable the mod to compare it to vanilla, but the STEP Extended ESP has it as a master file. I removed the 4 references under "Magic Effects" and 1 reference under "Spell", then removed the master record for the EBT ESP file, but when I try to launch the game it just sits on the starting screen and freezes (logo does not spin and no menu options appear).

I will leave it enabled for now, hopefully it does not cause any crashes, I even tried running just the STEP Extended mods to see if the errors were caused by a mod that I added, but the errors are the same.