• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 carlos3lance

carlos3lance

Thane

• Citizen
  • 50 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:46 AM

Hey there. This isn't really a bug, or anything wrong with the mods, it's more of a technicality during character customization. I'm using Project enb (Climates of Tamriel preset) with DOF+SSAO. It's all installed nicely. Just that when I get to the character customization menu when starting a new game, DOF focuses on the background, instead of my characters face, because of the zoom proximity. Now, this is a bit of a problem when trying to fine tune individual features like eyes, creases and brows. I'm wondering if anyone bumped into this and maybe figured out a solution? Thanks. *Edit* Alt+tabbed out a couple of times, might be a fluke, but FoV stalled out for a bit, allowing my character to focus. Saved in the aftermath and relaunched Skyrim, allowing FoV to reinitialize. Not sure if this can be repeated, but it let me finish my work at least - still hoping for suggestions on other possibilities.

#2 Besidilo

Besidilo

General

• Citizen
  • PipPip
  • 985 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 06:42 AM

There are a few different DoF presets included with Project ENB. Try them all out and see which one you like best. Of course report back your findings. :)

#3 Gyro

Gyro

Knight

• Citizen
  • Pip
  • 244 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:08 AM

Personally, I just turn off DoF in the ini file.  If you want to keep it, you can just disable it, do character creation, then save, quit and re-enable it afterwards.

#4 torminater

torminater

High King

• VIP-Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:40 AM

Really no DOF works well with character creation setup. This is really annoying! A option would be to only use enb after you've already created your character!

#5 Farlo

Farlo

Jarl

• Founder
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,963 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:34 AM

I noticed this with Countervibe as well, and disabling DoF or not activating it until after you create your character seem to be the only solutions for now.

#6 Staind716

Staind716

Thane

• Mod Author
  • 98 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:37 AM

Very common issue with DOF. The solution is simple. Just hit Shift+F12 to disable while creating your character and again to reenable when you are done. ;) Also a good little trick if you encounter long loading times as well. :) Edit: And yes Farlo, I know that's basically the same thing you said. I just added the command to do it is all. :P

#7 Neovalen

Neovalen

Talos

• Mod Author
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,593 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:57 AM

https://skyrim.nexus....com/mods/13306 I haven't used it myself (I use shift-f12 to disable enb during char create) but this might work for you. Seen it linked by many ENB authors.

#8 carlos3lance

carlos3lance

Thane

• Citizen
  • 50 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:37 AM

Thanks for the tips, will keep'em in mind... On a different note, Skyrim looks all kinds of awesome now ;)

#9 Farlo

Farlo

Jarl

• Founder
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,963 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:06 PM

Thanks for the tips, will keep'em in mind...

On a different note, Skyrim looks all kinds of awesome now ;)

Glad you like it, can't wait to make it look even awesomer.

#10 frihyland

frihyland

Dwemer Lord

• Founder
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:26 PM

It's a problem with all Post Processors, the effects don't turn off when you enter the menu screens because bethesda didn't give the developers anything to hook.  Just use the hotkey. Its particularly annoying with dof because  in a menu there is no z order so everything is equally blurred.

#11 Staind716

Staind716

Thane

• Mod Author
  • 98 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 11:45 AM

Yep, we get that one quite a bit. Already planned to add it to the guide in troubleshooting section since it's a very common question. Once I get a minute to breathe and add that section anyway. ;)

#12 carlos3lance

carlos3lance

Thane

• Citizen
  • 50 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 01:37 AM

Thanks for the tips, will keep'em in mind...

On a different note, Skyrim looks all kinds of awesome now ;)

Glad you like it, can't wait to make it look even awesomer.

Is that even possible? :P Well, lookin forward to that then, great jobs dudes :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users