Descriptive Icons for Fallout 3 (by MistakenMystic)

GrantSP

I've got a question that I hope can be answered here. Although my icons show up nicely in the PipBoy, when they are shown in the inventory screens of storage containers, they clip over the graphic line in the bottom left. I know it isn't the size of the *.dds that is doing it, I have carefully used the same size, so what would be causing that? Does there have to be a fixed area of blank space around each graphic element inside the *.dds?

Using the screenshots above as guide the part of the icon that appears above the "Repair R" line is what clips over. There must be some blank space needed.

If anyone knows the desired amount needed, it would greatly appreciated. For now I'll redo them with some different spacing and see what happens.

• +1 1

• 2 weeks later...

Question:

Do you consider Broken Steel to be an essential DLC, one that just about everyone should have?

The reason why I ask is as I'm now moving on to provide all the descriptions for all the weapons, including uniques, I've noticed that 'Fallout 3 Item Descriptions' overrides the specs for Colonel Autumn's laser pistol. That pistol has some changes in Broken Steel compared to the original.

I want to provide a description to that pistol also but am torn whether to make a DLC version as an addon or just go with an all-in-one plugin that covers all.

EDIT:

Same thing applies to Eugene's minigun.

EDIT:

I think I'll just go with a separate DLC plugin and textures. There's probably a whole lot of other stuff in the other DLC that can go in there as well.

Edited by GrantSP
  • +1 1

The FO3 guide is for the GOTY edition with all DLC since it's hard to see why at the current cost (especially during a sale) users wouldn't have the version with all DLC. Moverover, at least for me, Broken Steel is especially important since without it the ending is rather disappointing.

The FO3 guide is for the GOTY edition with all DLC since it's hard to see why at the current cost (especially during a sale) users wouldn't have the version with all DLC. Moverover, at least for me, Broken Steel is especially important since without it the ending is rather disappointing.

That's a very good point.

Time for another rethink. Nearly there, all the misc items are done and every item formally using the 'junk' icon now has it's own icon, except the mutilated body parts, not sure what I'll do there.

All the armour from the base game is in and every base weapon is done, just now adding in the uniques and then it's the few minor items from the DLC.

Afterr that, FalloutNV.

• +1 1

• 4 weeks later...

Well I've finally pulled my finger out and released what I've got so far.

Its by no means a complete work, I keep fiddling with it and don't get anything finished. As you will see it is at version 0.4 already, changed my mind on a number of aspects with this and it has undergone a complete re-write twice already.

It's my first release, so be gentle with me.

If I could edit this thread to reflect the new mod I would do that rather than starting a new thread, if one of the mods could tell me how to do that.

Descriptive Icons for Fallout 3