• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Stonga

Stonga

Citizen

• Citizen
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:48 PM

Hey. I've installed everything "by the book" I think. Got a question though. Lets say I install WATER and then add a optional file that is suppose to replace a few files from the original but it doesn't. I'm using Wrye Bash and the squares turn yellow cause of conflicting files. I've checked the file sizes and the original WATER files stay even though I install the optional files afterwards. Do I need to make a bashed patch file or something? I'm at a loss here.

#2 Kelmych

Kelmych

Emperor

• VIP-Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,903 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:19 PM

If you click the ? icon on the bottom of Wrye Bash, there is a detailed description in one the the menu items of what the colors indicate. A yellow box usually just means that a resource, such as the file you mentioned, overwrote one or more resources from Water. It is a normal occurrence.

#3 frihyland

frihyland

Dwemer Lord

• Founder
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:47 PM

Hey.

I've installed everything "by the book" I think.

Got a question though. Lets say I install WATER and then add a optional file that is suppose to replace a few files from the original but it doesn't. I'm using Wrye Bash and the squares turn yellow cause of conflicting files. I've checked the file sizes and the original WATER files stay even though I install the optional files afterwards. Do I need to make a bashed patch file or something? I'm at a loss here.

Sounds like a problem with the mod you are installing afterwards, best to talk to the author.  The bashed patch is only for combining leveled lists, which are mostly objects or creatures added to the game, STEP doesn't currently include anything that needs patching.

#4 thalastwon

thalastwon

Guard

• Citizen
  • 171 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 12:45 AM

Highlight the mod that is supposed to overwrite WATER and right click -> Anneal. It rechecks the mod and makes sure that its the right files installed. Just to be sure, make sure to anneal WATER. Just make sure you have the mod you want to overwrite water lower than Water in the mod list.

#5 Stonga

Stonga

Citizen

• Citizen
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:31 AM

The installation instructions seems out of date and I have no idea what order I should put the addons under the "installers" tab in Wrye Bash. That's what is confusing me.

#6 Besidilo

Besidilo

General

• Citizen
  • PipPip
  • 985 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:42 AM

The installation instructions seems out of date and I have no idea what order I should put the addons under the "installers" tab in Wrye Bash. That's what is confusing me.

STEP 2.2 order.

#7 Stonga

Stonga

Citizen

• Citizen
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:55 AM

I've solved it. Thanks for your help. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users