ENB Guide

z929669

Jawz is the guy I usually go to with this stuff, but he isn't always available. The next best person to go to is Aiyen, and then Phinix on his thread for PNENB. They are both unemployed ATM, so they have plenty of time to tinker with ENB.

Or, you could risk the enb forums, but... well... Boris doesn't really answer questions about old stuff.

Jawz is the guy I usually go to with this stuff, but he isn't always available. The next best person to go to is Aiyen, and then Phinix on his thread for PNENB. They are both unemployed ATM, so they have plenty of time to tinker with ENB.

Or, you could risk the enb forums, but... well... Boris doesn't really answer questions about old stuff.

Hey dude, could you make a guide on how to disble all the effects of an enb but keeping only the parallax effects, like you did with enboost.

They are both unemployed ATM, so they have plenty of time to tinker with ENB.

OFFTOPIC: Hey man, that hurt! They're good persons, and I know that because I'm unemployed too.

ONTOPIC: nothing to say. Reading the thread and this made my laugh because damn, I DO have a lot of free time, haha.

They are both unemployed ATM' date=' so they have plenty of time to tinker with ENB.[/quote']

OFFTOPIC: Hey man' date=' that hurt! They're good persons, and I know that because I'm unemployed too.

ONTOPIC: nothing to say. Reading the thread and this made my laugh because damn, I DO have a lot of free time, haha.[/quote']

I didn't mean it in a malicious way, but it does help their profiles look amazing. Helps to have a couple sources of info for this stuff other than Boris. And yes, being unemployed is terrible, just a little more terrible than being a part-time teacher.

Hey dude, could you make a guide on how to disble all the effects of an enb but keeping only the parallax effects, like you did with enboost.
So I believe if you leave the UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=false in enblocal.ini, then open up ebseries.ini and set the first line to false: UseEffect=true->false. That should turn off all the graphics but allow all the stuff on the enblocal.ini to work. You'd have to customize everything accordingly though, like AF, occlusion culling AA, vsync, fps limit, and the other fixes.

Example for that section:

• [FIX]

FixGameBugs=true

FixParallaxBugs=true  <- I think this is what you really want ;)

FixAliasedTextures=true

IgnoreLoadingScreen=true

IgnoreInventory=true

FixSsaoHairTransparency=false

FixTintGamma=true

RemoveBlur=false

FixSubSurfaceScattering=false

FixSkyReflection=false

FixCursorVisibility=true

I will make it a point to update the enblocal.ini section of the guide today... or maybe tomorrow... or never, who knows with these things. :p

So I believe if you leave the UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=false in enblocal.ini, then open up ebseries.ini and set the first line to false: UseEffect=true->false. That should turn off all the graphics but allow all the stuff on the enblocal.ini to work. You'd have to customize everything accordingly though, like AF, occlusion culling AA, vsync, fps limit, and the other fixes.

• [FIX]

FixGameBugs=true

FixParallaxBugs=true  

FixAliasedTextures=true

IgnoreLoadingScreen=true

IgnoreInventory=true

FixTintGamma=true

RemoveBlur=false

FixSkyReflection=false

FixCursorVisibility=true

I will make it a point to update the enblocal.ini section of the guide today... or maybe tomorrow... or never, who knows with these things. :p
Not so.

enblocal.ini settings work regardless, and if you delete enbseries.ini, it is regenerated with UseEffect=true. I do set this to 'false' just in case it prevents futile initialization or processing, but it has no impact on enblocal.ini as far as I can tell. Specifically, enblocal.ini triggers/settings under [ENGINE], [LIMITER] and [iNPUT] all have measurable effect (so I assume the whole INI is always processed and applied when present along with the specific d3d9.dll that it is tied to).

It would be great to have some feedback on some things I found (see this post for details) as well as the [PERFORMANCE] settings:

[PERFORMANCE]
SpeedHack=true    ; why not "false"??
EnableOcclusionCulling=false    ; why not "true"??

• [FIX]

FixGameBugs=true

FixParallaxBugs=true  <- I think this is what you really want ;)

FixAliasedTextures=true

IgnoreLoadingScreen=true

IgnoreInventory=true

FixTintGamma=true

RemoveBlur=false

FixSkyReflection=false

FixCursorVisibility=true

Not so.

enblocal.ini settings work regardless, and if you delete enbseries.ini, it is regenerated with UseEffect=true. I do set this to 'false' just in case it prevents futile initialization or processing, but it has no impact on enblocal.ini as far as I can tell. Specifically, enblocal.ini triggers/settings under [ENGINE], [LIMITER] and [iNPUT] all have measurable effect (so I assume the whole INI is always processed and applied when present along with the specific d3d9.dll that it is tied to).

It would be great to have some feedback on some things I found (see this post for details) as well as the [PERFORMANCE] settings:

[PERFORMANCE]
SpeedHack=true    ; why not "false"??
EnableOcclusionCulling=false    ; why not "true"??
It is unclear which effects get turned off when UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=true. If that is left false and then turn off the enbseries.ini by either setting everything in [EFFECT] to false or useeffect=false, so then everything in enblocal.ini is still working. There may be a different way to do this, but I've never got a good answer about UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics.

Leave SpeedHack on, this is what I know about it: This setting was originally implemented to increase performance in some areas and that is all that Boris gave us on this parameter. It is DirectX Optimization code and is recommended to be left true.

Occulsion Culling is a technique to remove rendering of things not on the screen. It can improve performance or hurt it. I know if the z-buffers aren't done correctly that you end up will culling loops, like pixel 1 culls 2, 2 culls 3, 3 culls 1 type thing. Doubt Boris would mess that up though.

OK, thanks. I did some research on Boris's forums, and it appears that:

UseDefferedRendering=true
... enables AA/AF and other graphics settings in enblocal.ini. I am guessing that this setting does not impact anything in enbseries.ini though. Further research and my own testing indicate that:

UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=true
... in fact does disable enbseries.ini-related graphics (and all downstream ENB graphics) but has no impact on:

[ENGINE]
ForceAnisotropicFiltering=true
MaxAnisotropy=16
... since I have proved (to myself) that AF is still effective (by comparing screens with/without using my graphics and enblocal.ini as independent sources. Same is true for the FPS limiter (verifiable via hotkey) and vsync in enblocal.ini, so my guess is that UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics has no impact on enblocal.ini-sourced graphics (that is likely UseDefferedRendering as mentioned above). Again, this is partly fact and partly my own speculation based on my own testing and interpretation.

I suspect that Neo suspects issues with Boris's occlusion culling, and that is why he recommends disabling. Boris does mention that it is incomplete in both its scope and effectiveness.

EDIT: I also see now that in your previous post (the one that I highlighted your assumption and responded "not so") was correct and I was wrong. "yes, so". I misinterpreted what you were saying. Turning off:

UseEffect=false
... setting under enbseries.ini seems redundant with:

... but the latter may be more efficient (I do both).

OK, thanks. I did some research on Boris's forums, and it appears that:

UseDefferedRendering=true
When you put the Deferred rendering is for effects enbseries.ini, not sure about AA/AF. I know that it affects SSAO, Image Based Lighting, Reflection and Particle Lights. Those have to use the same area of the GPU as driver/game AA so that is why you can't use that with ENB.

... enables AA/AF and other graphics settings in enblocal.ini. I am guessing that this setting does not impact anything in enbseries.ini though. Further research and my own testing indicate that:

This prevents enbseries.ini from being loaded at all, you won't even get the in game gui editor.

... in fact does disable enbseries.ini-related graphics (and all downstream ENB graphics) but has no impact on:

[ENGINE]
ForceAnisotropicFiltering=true
MaxAnisotropy=16
I use this and always have really, IDK if it's better than the Skyrim one, but it works for me and I don't mess with stuff once it is in the sweet spot.

... since I have proved (to myself) that AF is still effective (by comparing screens with/without using my graphics and enblocal.ini as independent sources. Same is true for the FPS limiter (verifiable via hotkey) and vsync in enblocal.ini, so my guess is that UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics has no impact on enblocal.ini-sourced graphics (that is likely UseDefferedRendering as mentioned above). Again, this is partly fact and partly my own speculation based on my own testing and interpretation.

I suspect that Neo suspects issues with Boris's occlusion culling, and that is why he recommends disabling. Boris does mention that it is incomplete in both its scope and effectiveness.

Boris bounces around and will probably come back to it when he gets a new idea.

EDIT: I also see now that in your previous post (the one that I highlighted your assumption and responded "not so") was correct and I was wrong. "yes, so". I misinterpreted what you were saying. Turning off:

UseEffect=false
I believe the in game gui will load with this setting at false, but you will need to restart anyways to set it to true, so it doesn't matter either way.

... setting under enbseries.ini seems redundant with:

see above

... but the latter may be more efficient (I do both).

Turn off everything in [EFFECTS] in enbseries.ini. Then in enblocal.ini try SMAA through the proxy library, I like high or ultra in injector.ini for that, and under [ANTIALIASING] use EdgeAA and SubPixelAA. Those three combined do a great job. EdgeAA can make things a bit blurry, but it helps with branches and that type of stuff. Sub pixel is excellent on any specular maps, then the SMAA injector is good since it doesn't have a high cost. I also use ENB AF and FPS limiter at 45, and then I use Skyrim vsync because it works well for me.

Defferedrendeirng activates or deactivates deffered rendering techniques... like SSAO etc. This is essentially if you only want color correction like SweetFX etc. AA, AF etc are not affected. 

The ENBlocal disable should disable everything including color correction, and leave the  vanilla post processing intact. 

AF is always done... if enabled it will overwrite the driver values you have set for this. Normally the difference between AF 8 and AF 16 is about 1 FPS on modern cards at high resolutions. 

UseEffect is a toggle to disable all ENB rendering and only use vanilla. I admit I am not sure about what the difference is between this and teh enblocal one but I assume it has something to do with how stuff is done internally in the .dll. 

Speedhack should always remain true unless you got clear issues you can relate back to it. 

Occlussion culling is afaik only a vital parameter for some of the more advanced water features like parallax. The reason it can cause bugs is due to not really working properly on the world map. 

Hope that helps a little bit.