v2.2.9.1 Development

TechAngel85

Notice:

As of STEP 2.2.8, we are only actively supporting Skyrim Legendayr Ed. (all DLCs) - We continue to 'passively' support other DLC/non-DLC configurations as an artifact of having done so previously. However, moving forward, all new content will assume Legendary Ed. We will gradually phase out information pertaining to limited DLC components.

Overview:
STEP 2.2.9 marked our final step towards 2.3.0. However there is still much work to be done for STEP to be ready to make the move to v2.3.0. Because of this and there being no time frame for development, we have decided to do an incremental release, v2.2.9.1. This release will mainly be a mod release, meaning that we'll only be testing and reviewing mods.

Since this is a community driven project and site, we would like to encourage users to tag mods they'd like to see in STEP. To do this, please add a 'testing' tag to the desired mods. This will allow us to filter the mods and review them. Mods that we think fit into the STEP project will be officially marked for testing and mods that do not will simply have the 'testing' tag removed.

Dev Guide v2.9.9.1
Changelog (still updating)

For replacers, the test case should be a high-quality screenshot compare. We don't need a lot, just two or three sets of compares on the thread marked [ TESTING ].

The idea is that testing --and logging of that activity on the threads-- will be touch & go for a lot of mods, and it should be pretty clear by anyone stumbling upon any mod thread what the end result is.

Let us know if you want to be a Mod Tester! We're always looking for official testers!

Mods Accepted for v2.2.9.1 (in no specific order)

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys wanna test the Rustic mods by Gamwich? I don't think all of them would make it, but there has to be at least one or two that good. The Silverware and Pottery might be worth a look. I can't tell if they are really what we want to add to STEP from the screens because they are so red/orange. Who thinks that looks good?

Didn't we talk about packaging a INI file with some of the tweaks we recommend with our files? I'm still on board with this. I'd leave out AA/AF and Vsync, but put everything else in the INI file. I like the idea of having it in MO from the information tab. I wasn't ever really clear how Tannin eventually made the hierarchy of the different ways to edit INIs play out, but it should easy to package one with a STEP download. 

EDIT: NVM, I'm going crazy.

EDIT2: USKP includes a INI that has one of the STEP tweaks already present. fVisibleNavmeshMoveDist=12288.0000

We should remove that from the guide.

Our file includes all of those files, but it has undergone limited 'official' testing ... given that nobody is commenting though, it would appear that it has ben in testing without issue for awhile though.

Approx 300 unique downloads per file with no complaints that I know of.

Tony971's mod is probably the most well tested and comprehensive though if we don't opt for Vano89's file

Our version saves download time/bandwidth though, since it excludes a lot of vanilla textures that would otherwise be overwritten.

I take it you're talking about STEP Vanilla Optimized Textures from the STEP Nexus files?
Where should this go in the load order for testing, and can it be added to an existing save file?

Also I noticed a few typos on the STEP Nexus page:

• The optimised vanilla textures on the files page should be called the Standard and Performance vErsions, not vArsions.
  • Also on the description page, under Latest News, - November 2, 2014

Added Vanilla optimized texture packages, providing compression and mim-map-optimized versions of all vanilla textures not covered by STEP mods.

Fairly sure that should be mip-map.

There may be more, but those leaped right out at me.