Birds of Skyrim (by Qasiermo)

mod

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,626 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:51 PM

It doesn't contain any scripts, but I don't know if it uses any vanilla scripts, I doubt it does.

I don't know if they use the Chicken AI package, but I wonder if that package could be modified to at least make them "flee" a short distance when the player is near.

It might be possible to apply that AI to the other birds; however, if the author isn't willing or it turns out to be impossible due to whatever reason, then I've voting for this mod to be dropped from STEP until which time the birds don't break immersion by not moving, stopping you in your tracks as if you've hit a tree, or any of the other immersion breaking complaints are fixed.

#17 EssArrBee

EssArrBee

Incompatibilism Manager

• STEP Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,721 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:22 PM

I thought this and the bird mod were getting dropped in favor of SkyBirds? I know there are some scripts in SkyBirds, but I don't think they've ever given me any problems and I've used that mod for a long time.

#18 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,626 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:26 PM

I think it's going to be considered for for 2.3, but one step at a time. :thumbsup:

#19 z929669

z929669

Ixian Inventor

• Administrators
  • 9,313 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:11 AM

Yep, agree that we should drop this one.

#20 steveley

steveley

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:00 PM

Yes I don't like seeing little birds that just stand there while you walk on them

#21 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • 12,626 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:05 PM

Marking this as dropped and updated the 2.3 changelog to reflect.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dropped, mod

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users