MO Won't run SKSE

JonasB

Question

I have the skyrim script extender loaded into the mod organizer but it won't run it. Instead it always run skyrim default. I have double-checked and the skse link uses C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\skse_loader.exe as the 'Binary' entry. 

I'm not sure if this is relevant, but whenever I try to load the nexus mod manager it gives me a message saying it can't find the skyrim.ini file, which is weird because I've run the game several times without issue and my understanding is that the .ini is generated when the game is run. Again, not sure if it's relevant, but putting it out there.

Any help is appreciated. 

Right under the buttons on the top left is a pull down menu for profiles. Here is where you select the profile you want. Creating a new profile does not automatically change it to the new one. Each profile will have its own Skyrim.ini and SkyrimPref.ini. They are found in MO\profiles\{profile name}. If you copy one profile to create another, it will start with the same settings as the copied profile.

Edited by DanimalTwo

Danimal: Have done that, issue persists. 

Dragon King: I have not. I'm reluctant to do so since I don't understand how it could be related to my issue. 

My skrim.ini:

[General]

sLanguage=ENGLISH

uExterior Cell Buffer=36

[Display]
fShadowLODMaxStartFade=1000.0
fSpecularLODMaxStartFade=2000.0
fLightLODMaxStartFade=3500.0
iShadowMapResolutionPrimary=2048
bAllowScreenshot=1

[Audio]
fMusicDuckingSeconds=6.0
fMusicUnDuckingSeconds=8.0
fMenuModeFadeOutTime=3.0
fMenuModeFadeInTime=1.0

[Grass]
bAllowCreateGrass=1
bAllowLoadGrass=0

[GeneralWarnings]
SGeneralMasterMismatchWarning=One or more plugins could not find the correct versions of the master files they depend on. Errors may occur during load or game play. Check the "Warnings.txt" file for more information.

[Archive]
sResourceArchiveList=Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Skyrim - Textures.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa
sResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Voices.bsa, Skyrim - VoicesExtra.bsa

[Combat]
fMagnetismStrafeHeadingMult=0.0
fMagnetismLookingMult=0.0

[Papyrus]
fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=500.0
bEnableLogging=0
bEnableTrace=0
bLoadDebugInformation=0

The skyrimpre.ini is blank at the moment.
Edited by JonasB

You never know. Doing this fixed a completely unrelated issue in another thread. It's worth a shot.

Also, could you post a screenshot of your Executable screen in MO with SKSE selected? This will give us a visual.

Lastly, your SKSE setup within MO should look like this:

oDi9omm.jpg

Make sure the file type for SKSE.ini says "ini File".

Did you try overwriting the INI files in the profiles folder with those found in the documents folder?

Edit: Default INI files used by Skyrim - Documents/My Games/Skyrim - Skyrim.ini, SkyrimPrefs.ini

Mod Organizer INI files - Steam/SteamApps/common/Skyrim/Mod Organizer/profiles/<name of profile you use>/

Edited by monkeycid

If you look at the Skyrim Revisited guide I pointed you too, you should have started with configure Skyrim. From Neovalen's guide:

Start The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim through the Steam context menu to open the launcher.Click "Options".Click the [Ultra] push-button.Set "Aspect Ratio" and "Resolution" through the drop down box. This should be set to the monitors optimal resolution.Set "Antialiasing Level" to Off through the drop down box.Set "Anisotropic Filtering" to Off through the drop down box.Click [Close].Click the [OK] push-button to close the dialogue and save.

Then:

Click "Play" on the launcher to start Skyrim.On the main menu, select "New Game".Allow the game to run until the SKYRIM logo has faded away and access the menu by pressing [ESC] on the keyboard.In the menu, select "Settings" then "Display".Scroll down the display menu and mark an X next to "Dialogue Subtitles" and "General Subtitles".Press [ESC] to go back to the category selection menu and select "Gameplay".Scroll down the "Gameplay" menu and remove the X next to "Save on Rest", "Save on Wait", and "Save on Travel".Click the right arrow on the selection bar next to "Save on Character Menu" until "Disabled" is selected.Press [ESC] until back at the main menu and exit the game.

This gives you, your starting Skyrim.ini and SkyrimPref.ini. These are originally located at "\Users\{your user name}\My Documents\My Games\Skyrim" and are used if you start Skyrim outside of MO. You will need to make changes to these, but letting Skyrim create them for you is your starting point. I believe, MO copies these when you make your first profile. If not copy them into your current profile as someone else suggested earlier. Also TechAngel85, replied not Dragon King, that is his user rank, just like yours is Citizen. His advice making sure your DirectX is installed correctly is not a bad one.

Edited by DanimalTwo

Also my directx is already up to date according to the links TechAngel gave.

Edit: have also just copied the .inis from the documents folder to the profile. Still goes to the vanilla launcher from skse

It occurs to me that out of all the programs involved (SKSE, skyrim, steam, and MO) only the mod organizer is run as an administrator. I do this because if I don't then MO won't run because it can't get mod list access. Could this be related somehow?

Edited by JonasB