RUSTIC POTIONS and POISONS (by Gamwich)

EssArrBee

Maybe we could mess with it to our own end? I've been watching blender tutorials all day so I can mess with meshes, but the learning curve on this stuff is pretty steep. 

The tools for editing meshes in Blender, from what I can remember are out of date and do not work with the newer versions of Blender. You have to have a specific version for them to work. The 3DS Max tools do work; however, from my experimenting with the STEP Female Body Overhaul, the learning curve is indeed a steep climb. I gave up on it as I don't have the time to sit down and learn that program right now.

The blender nif scripts are being worked on but the only working dev version took me like an hour to find because its hidden on a forum thread for nightly builds.

I have licenses for all the major software suites so I can switch pretty easily to anything.

Hopefully bottles won't be that hard.

For what you are proposing you only need nifskope luckily. You can specify all color changes there, as well as shader changes. 

You would only need an external 3d application if you want to do changes to the vertices.. ie change the overall look of the model. 

And Nifskope does not really have a learning curve per se... it is just tedious to work with due to the very basic GUI

Finding incorrectly assigned textures with GREP and nifskope is not anything I would wish on my worst enemy. It's just so tedious.

I was looking at the bottles in nifskope right now and it looks like it has a missing texture listed. There should be five textures for the bottles, but one isn't in any of the BSAs.

https://i.imgur.com/YDUdAP2.png

I'm guessing that is par for the course with Bethesda, since I've run into stuff like that before but ignored it. Anyways, the texture is named ShinyGlass_e.dds so maybe they are supposed to look more like glass then ceramic at some point during development.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm thinking this one should be accepted. There are some concerns but the overall consensus from everyone is they like Rustic better than current STEP. I'm thinking Core as well since SLOD is Core. If accepted, Silly Level of Detail-Potions and Poisons can be dropped since it will be completely overwritten.

For the bottes that share design with Minor Health Potion, I prefer Rustic Potions and Poisons. The level of detail on the robe and the overall look of the bottle is better. For all the other, I prefer STEP.

Nvm that, didn't see the discussion had progressed so far.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello all! I wound up here because I was looking around the net to make sure my mod wasn't a part of any paid mods because of that big... debacle... on steam. I am against my mods being used for profit.

Anyway, I'm super flattered my mods have lasted this long and I can't believe it took three years to get replaced! I won't discount the attention to detail I tried to pay, but I made those things so early in the game's lifespan that I'm surprised they weren't completely overshadowed by better models and textures long ago.

I just wanted to say I appreciate anyone who got enjoyment from these for as long as they did. Have a good day everyone!

P.S. I plan to come back to modding (but currently plan to never put anything behind a paywall!)

Edited by Narmix

Hello all! I wound up here because I was looking around the net to make sure my mod wasn't a part of any paid mods because of that big... debacle... on steam. I am against my mods being used for profit.

Anyway, I'm super flattered my mods have lasted this long and I can't believe it took three years to get replaced! I won't discount the attention to detail I tried to pay, but I made those things so early in the game's lifespan that I'm surprised they weren't completely overshadowed by better models and textures long ago.

I just wanted to say I appreciate anyone who got enjoyment from these for as long as they did. Have a good day everyone!

P.S. I plan to come back to modding (but currently plan to never put anything behind a paywall!)

Thanks for your words! Contact me on Nexus an I'll set you up with a Mod Author badge here on these forums. My Nexus info is in my signature below.