Player Headtracking (by Maegfaer)

frihyland

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I'm still surprised this isn't in STEP yet. No conflicts in WB and I've been using it since 2.2.0a and now it's MCM compatible so no more using the console to customize it. I do recommend turning off tracking while running or you'll be staring at all the bunnies while running around.

I can't recommend this mod for STEP, not right now.

It's still too buggy. Standing in an open field without a creature in sight and the character's head starts moving from one side to the other, looking at nothing. Or inside a house, twisting the neck all the way to the side to look at an exterior wall, or a mannequin on the floor above on the opposite side of the house.

And I'm experiencing first hand how it can corrupt save games after removing it, even when following the instructions.

Disable Player Headtracking in the menu, save your game. Now you can disable the ESP or delete all the files if you wish.

You might say it only effects "a handful of people", but that's a handful too many.

I can't recommend this mod for STEP, not right now.

It's still too buggy. Standing in an open field without a creature in sight and the character's head starts moving from one side to the other, looking at nothing. Or inside a house, twisting the neck all the way to the side to look at an exterior wall, or a mannequin on the floor above on the opposite side of the house.

And I'm experiencing first hand how it can corrupt save games after removing it, even when following the instructions.

Disable Player Headtracking in the menu, save your game. Now you can disable the ESP or delete all the files if you wish.

You can say it only effects "a handful of people", but that's a handful too many.

Disabling tracking while running and on corpses should fix those issues as I have recommended disabling them from the get go when promoting this mod.

Also, on the save game you missed this part in your quote:

WARNING! Disabling the mod in the menu only disables the mod for any consecutive savegames! If after deletion of the mod you reload a save from before you disabled it, it won't be properly uninstalled in that save! Before deletion make sure to disable the mod in all the savegames you are likely to reload in the future!

This is because it's a scripted mod and most scripted mods have this potential of staying in your saves. He provide the workaround for cleaning your saves before you delete the mod (and it should say before you disable the ESP). Before disabling and deleting you have to load any saves that you might want to load, disable the mod in that save, resave it, and then you can disable and delete the mod safely without issues. I've tested this and it works for me. Did you follow this instructions for all your saves?

Disabling tracking while running and on corpses should fix those issues as I have recommended disabling them from the get go when promoting this mod.

All the options were disabled.

WARNING! Disabling the mod in the menu only disables the mod for any consecutive savegames! If after deletion of the mod you reload a save from before you disabled it, it won't be properly uninstalled in that save! Before deletion make sure to disable the mod in all the savegames you are likely to reload in the future!

This is because it's a scripted mod and most scripted mods have this potential of staying in your saves. He provide the workaround for cleaning your saves before you delete the mod (and it should say before you disable the ESP). Before disabling and deleting you have to load any saves that you might want to load, disable the mod in that save, resave it, and then you can disable and delete the mod safely without issues. I've tested this and it works for me. Did you follow this instructions for all your saves?

I didn't miss it, I just left it out because it wasn't relevant as I wasn't talking about previous saves.

I:

• Deactivated the mod in the MCM menu;
  • Created save 1 and exited the game;
  • Disabled the .esp;
  • Loaded save 1;
  • Created save 2. At this point it takes more time than usual.
  • Tried to load save 2, Skyrim says it's corrupted (and half the size it's supposed to be).

It's easy to mess things up. And the average user isn't very patient or technically minded. They'll just blame STEP for it.

All the options were disabled.

Stood in the middle of the tundra. No issues with players head moving around. My MCM settings:

• While Moving - Disabled
  • Non-talking Actors - Enabled
  • Corpses - Disabled
  • Distance - 14feet
  • Duration - 3.5seconds

I didn't miss it, I just left it out because it wasn't relevant as I wasn't talking about previous saves.

I:

• Deactivated the mod in the MCM menu;
  • Created save 1 and exited the game;
  • Disabled the .esp;
  • Loaded save 1;
  • Created save 2. At this point it takes more time than usual.
  • Tried to load save 2, Skyrim says it's corrupted (and half the size it's supposed to be).

It's easy to mess things up. And the average user isn't very patient or technically minded. They'll just blame STEP for it.

I followed this procedure and had no issues. Can anyone else confirm this? It's working fine for me.

Edit: You should submit a mod ticket for this if you were following the testing procedures.

Hello everybody!

I have been reading the forum and the wiki for a long time now and I finally decided to join the community.

The first reason is I am moding my game a lot (sometimes too much) and while testing some mods I thought "damn that could be a good addition to STEP".

The second is reason is I have the exact same problem as rpsgc. I even have a bonus problem when I load save1. Some function in SKSE stopped to work. For example I use the SKSE module of tales of lycanthropy to have the night vision on the "V" key. After I loaded save1 it doesn't work anymore and same with other mod that use SKSE.

I made a post in the NEXUS (as Red1812) but mod author doesn't seem to read it very often.

Redferne and rpsgc, when testing you should have STEP and no additional mods installed. Then install only the one mod being tested (in this case Player Headtracking). This is the proper testing procedure. If this is not how you've tested then it's going to be impossible to determine if the issue is caused by the mod itself, by a conflict with a STEP mod, or by a conflict with one of your additional mods.

The reason I'm saying this is because I've not had these issues following the proper testing procedures.

Well I finally succeeded...

First I updated to SKSE 1.06.08 it might have helped.

I loaded a previous save with player head tracking activated.

I did what follow:

1- Deactivated the mod in the MCM menu.

2- Created save 1.

3- Use console to go to qasmoke (coc qasmoke).

4- Created save 2 and exited the game.

5- Removed .esp.

6- Launched the game, load save 2.

7- Now SKSE is not working like usual (and as espected see previous post), creating save 3 it takes more time than usual.

8- Tried to load save 3, Skyrim says it's corrupted and I'm back to main menu.

9- loaded save 2, SKSE is working.

10- coc riverwood, created save 4 and exited the game.

11- Launched the game, loaded save 4, everything seems to work. At least SKSE is working normally and the game saves as usual and are not corrupted.

And if you wondering, yes I used to work as a QA tester in a big video game company and I wrote step by step repro far more complicated than this one :D

Thanks all for your help, especially rpsgc.

The problem with the previous steps is I can't tell if going to qasmoke helped or not or if it is thanks to the latest version of SKSE or both.