Player Headtracking (by Maegfaer)

frihyland

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My character is always looking at something, no idea what it is. I've adjusted some settings but his head is always turned to wherever.

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/774542-player-headtracking/page-143&do=findComment&comment=7439537

Exact same problem here. My character is always staring over his shoulder and when I edit the setting with the SKSE menu nothing changes. I was able to get the headtrack while moving setting working once for about five minutes then it never worked again. I can't remember when this started as it gradually became more and more of a problem, but the first occurrence I noticed was about the time I installed the Dragonborn DLC. I wonder if the update fouled something up?

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/774542-player-headtracking/page-143&do=findComment&comment=7440728

Having the same issue as well, i even disabled headtracking through NMM and he STILL tracked things

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/774542-player-headtracking/page-144&do=findComment&comment=7447118

Same thing here... I'm constantly looking over my shoulder at something that's not there. None of the settings changed it until I just turned it off completely.

I both upgraded this mod and added a bunch of others, like Frostfall and camping, so i'm guessing it's either this new version or a conflict with something.

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/774542-player-headtracking/page-144&do=findComment&comment=7461330

I've had this problem for a while now. I haven't really done any troubleshooting, because it never really bothered me. It happened even before I got Dragonborn. I sure hope it's fixed.

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/774542-player-headtracking/page-144&do=findComment&comment=7464244

I'm sure I could find more posts like these.

Guess I'm not the only one. :whistling:

I don't want the view point on this mod to be skewed from rpsgc's post above. Yeah, a few people have issues with it, but go read through the comments yourself. For every one of these posts you'll find 15 more that say "this is awesome", "best non-essential mod on here", "wouldn't play skrim without it", etc etc. These negative posts seem to be about 1-5% of the total posts in the comments. (which I would like to point out that every mod in STEP has negative posts about it) I think this one says it best:

no one forced to download and install this mod. Almost 6.000 people like it, that means it works for them.

I would highly suggest for anyone having issues with this mod to do a fresh Skyrim and STEP installation and start a new game (also part of proper testing procedure) to see if the issues are still present in the new install and new game. (I'm redoing my installation right now...slow internet connection so it might take a few more days).

A few people? Those were just quotes from the last two pages from people with that problem, never mind the ones with save game corruption or the mod not working at all or any other problem from the remaining 140+ pages.

And what if it's only a few people there? You're fine with hundreds or thousands of STEP users experiencing these problems? These aren't harmless bugs.

But I just love how your answer to those problems is "I don't care because more people say good things". 

These negative posts seem to be about 1-5% of the total posts in the comments.

1-5%? Because you counted them all right?

And those aren't 'negative' posts. A negative post is saying the mod sucks. Saying it's not working or that it's bugging out is not a negative post. You call them 'negative' posts just to dismiss them and remove their validity.

(which I would like to point out that every mod in STEP has negative posts about it)

Feel free to point out a STEP mod that:

• Causes save game corruption when removing/uninstalling even when following the author's instructions to the letter;
  • Causes save game bloat (which it did until the last version' date=' and it's still not 100% confirmed to be fixed);
  • Doesn't work at all for some people;
  • Bugs out for no reason and doesn't stop;
  • Keeps doing certain actions after disabling the relevant options.
I think this one says it best:
no one forced to download and install this mod. Almost 6.000 people like it' date=' that means it works for them.[/quote']

Because it's completely inconceivable that:

• Those people stopped using the mod before noticing problems or before the newer versions of the mod introduced those problems?
  • Those people didn't bother to remove the endorsements?
  • Those people chose to ignore the issues for whatever reason?
  • Those people didn't even notice the issues/problems because... (see below)
  • Those people did like the majority of the Nexus users and just blind endorsed a mod based on how good it "looks", sometimes without even using it or testing it?
You think just because a mod has a lot of endorsements it automatically means it's good and safe? You think people actually test mods before praising them?

How many endorsements did Sounds of Skyrim get before being pulled down because it caused save game bloat and other problems?

I've said what I had to say.

Rpsgc, you are entirely too aggressive and defensive. I was merely providing the other side your your post (positive posts about the mod). I never said, not once, that I didn't care about what others are saying. I also never said I think a mod is good and safe because of endorsements. Please don't assume things in others posts.

If I somehow offended you in my reply, you should know that is never the staff's or mine own intention and I do apologize.

For anyone testing this or any other mod, please follow the proper testing procedures so that we can accurately approve or disapprove this mod. Thanks!

Rpsgc, you are entirely too aggressive and defensive. I was merely providing the other side your your post (positive posts about the mod). I never said, not once, that I didn't care about what others are saying. I also never said I think a mod is good and safe because of endorsements. Please don't assume things in others posts.

If I somehow offended you in my reply, you should know that is never the staff's or mine own intention and I do apologize.

For anyone testing this or any other mod, please follow the proper testing procedures so that we can accurately approve or disapprove this mod. Thanks!

I completely understand the importance of a "proper testing procedure". But still the best way should have been to play it safe and not put it in STEP.

That many problems reported for that many people is not coincidental. 

I installed PH because it was in the suggestion forum, I trusted STEP. Of course I don't blame STEP, I don't even blame the mod author, as a former tester I know how easily things can brake in a video game especially ones like RPG. 

I don't mind trying some voodoo and test whatever comes to mind to repair a broken save but most people don't. 

The reason I think it should not have been in STEP is because problems were reported even here.

I completely understand the importance of a "proper testing procedure". But still the best way should have been to play it safe and not put it in STEP.

I installed PH because it was in the suggestion forum, I trusted STEP. Of course I don't blame STEP, I don't even blame the mod author, as a former tester I know how easily things can brake in a video game especially ones like RPG. 

I don't mind trying some voodoo and test whatever comes to mind to repair a broken save but most people don't. 

The reason I think it should not have been in STEP is because problems were reported even here.

It's never been in STEP... are you saying that you think the Mod Suggestions forum is the list of mods that STEP suggests?

We need at least three (preferable more) confirmed no issues or has issues...or a mixture of results to either approve or disapprove a mod. At this point, one or two admins should test this mod themselves as only two semi-official testers (rspgc and myself) have tested this mod and we're on completely opposite ends. He's had all the issues he's posted about and I have had none whatsoever. I would like to ask rspgc some questions about his testing setup as he's never confirmed when asked about the proper testing when asked (unless I missed it).

a) did you test it on a fresh Skyrim install?

b) did you test it on a fresh STEP install with no additional mods? (STEP only)

c) did you clean up your installations? (defragment...unless on SSD...and run BOSS)

d) did you start a new game when testing?

If the answer to any of those is "no", then it wasn't a proper test. Once a, b, and c are done (which is a process), then test test test with that setup. I personally have two set ups. One for testing and one for playing. My testing setup is backed up and zipped so I can restore it at any time to do testing. This make switching between testing for STEP and actually playing the game much easier.

It's never been in STEP... are you saying that you think the Mod Suggestions forum is the list of mods that STEP suggests?
No I never said that, but I am not the only who came to the STEP forum for new mod instead of checking every addition in the Nexus.

Are you telling me I should not have install it because it was just a suggested mod? Now that is in STEP it is safe, isn't it?

Please note that is not a complaint, I am just saying that with that much problems reported it would have been safer to not included it in STEP, that's all. STEP is not MY guide, you guys do as you like :)

Nothing extensive, but I ran around the forest for 15-20 minutes with all options enabled, a distance of 20 feet, and 3.5 seconds without issue on a previous (although Vanilla) save with just STEP. There was one time he turned his head a bit further than 90 degrees to look at a chicken, which looked a little weird, but that's about it.

What exactly am I looking for as far as savegame corruption when uninstalling the mod?

No I never said that, but I am not the only who came to the STEP forum for new mod instead of checking every addition in the Nexus.

Are you telling me I should not have install it because it was just a suggested mod? Now that is in STEP it is safe, isn't it?

Please note that is not a complaint, I am just saying that with that much problems reported it would have been safer to not included it in STEP, that's all. STEP is not MY guide, you guys do as you like :)

Your wording is still confusing me, you seem to be implying that the mod is in STEP or has been at some point... It's not and never has, we're trying to evaluate it for inclusion.  I have nothing against coming here to check out new mods; in fact I encourage it, just make sure you're reporting your successes and/or failures with the mods you try.

Nothing extensive, but I ran around the forest for 15-20 minutes with all options enabled, a distance of 20 feet, and 3.5 seconds without issue on a previous (although Vanilla) save with just STEP. There was one time he turned his head a bit further than 90 degrees to look at a chicken, which looked a little weird, but that's about it.

What exactly am I looking for as far as savegame corruption when uninstalling the mod?

He has proper uninstallation instructions on his nexus page and says how to clean the mod from your saves before you uninstall completely. I have attempted to reproduce the corrupt save at least 10 times without issue. All my saves were fine, but apparently you can get a corrupt save after the uninstall where one of the saves says it is corrupt and will not load.

• 5 weeks later...