Question about the brilliant GamerPoets tutorial vids

If one of the GamerPoets mavens is here, or perhaps another STEP team member, I'd love to ask if possible for a tutorial series on installing  Neovalen's Skyrim Revisited: Legendary Edition. For a noob it is very intimidating, and these videos are just fantastic. Thank you so much for providing them!

• 3 weeks later...

I appreciate the kind words = )  and am a little disappointed that there were no responses =(  (and that I didn't see this until 2 weeks laters lol... sorry about that)... I'm more of a contributor than a team member. The STEP team members are much more dedicated to upkeep and progression of the site itself. I just do my best to represent their information accurately with members help when needed/warranted. Video wise, doing a tutorial for skyrim revisited would take me months of dedicated work days to create. Its just something that I wouldn't have the time to do. I've gotten to the point that I am doing 1 tutorial per week. There are so many core STEP videos that I haven't had the time to make yet and so many mod authors who I have spoken to, to create tutorials for (next one being realistic water 2, which is also a step mod) that there just isn't enough time to do them. I was burning out for a long time trying to create more stuff. Now I do my 2 role play vids a week, 1 tutorial and that itself take up nearly 75 hours each week. Hopefully the channel still proves useful = )

-Michael

Thanks for the reply, Michael! For newbs like me, it's juggling the interaction of all the tools like Wrye, LOOT, TES5 etc. and the 'merging', 'cleaning', 'patching' etc. which makes it feel overwhelming. Following instructions when you see them repeated on screen is so much easier than stepping through huge blocks of text. Anyway, thanks again for all your contributions. I really appreciate it!

The funny part is I'm a text learner lol. Video tutorials don't help me much lol = ) which may be how I came up with the way that I create tutorials now. I try to incorporate everything that I want to see in text into the videos in my new format. Which, without the help a few key STEP members when I was making me second round of tutorials I would be making 3rd rate vids. So as always, a big thank you to them from me. However, the latest format for the tutorials make them go from being what use to be an average 16 to 20 hours to create a tutorial to now being an average of about 35 hours to a create a tutorial lol... which is why I'm down to 1 per week (and this week I may even miss one being that the last tutorial took more than 50 hours). There are a lot of LOOT/TES5edit/Wryebash vids on the channel now. I worked with Sharlikran (he told me if the information was accurate and or made me change a few things if the video was incorrect or presented wrong) to create the tes5/wrye bash vids. So they are 100% accurate and definitely worth checking out as far as patching goes. ...

I say, just take your time. Learn one new thing then go on to the next. I use to be overwhelmed when I first started and then... a year later.... I was still overwhelmed lol... but that was because I kept wanting to rush in game and have everything working without taking the time to learn all the work behind it. And I didn't take the time because I didn't allow myself to appreciate the small victories. Get one mod working, test the next. Learn how and why to patch this mod this way but how and why to leave the next mod out of the patch. Its tons of work and I wouldn't expect most advanced modders to learn all the stuff that the STEP guys know of which I probably know only half of.

all this rambling to say... take your time... enjoy the small victories... don't be in a rush because what will take a month to do at a slow pace correctly for the first time will turn into a year long head ache (personal experience) .. = ) .. and I sleep now lol

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.